Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,499 members, 7,904,908 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:27 PM

Anelka Is Ready To Step Down For Drogba - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Anelka Is Ready To Step Down For Drogba (672 Views)

Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua / Pep Guardiola Set To Step Down As Barcelona Manager / Didier Drogba Marries Fiancée Lala Diakite In Monaco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anelka Is Ready To Step Down For Drogba by krebson(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2009

It's been a harsh winter for Chelsea who, although they sit second in the Premier League, have won just three of their last ten in all competitions.

If third-placed Manchester United, who they tackle at Old Trafford on Sunday, or current leaders Liverpool were to make a break for it, then the Blues' form doesn't indicate that they'd be able to handle the increased intensity.

One of the reasons behind the relative slump is their far from clinical performances in front of goal. Under-fire boss Luiz Felipe Scolari continues to stick to his guns but Nicolas Anelka believes there's more firepower available.

The hitman, the Premier League's top scorer, is quoted by The Mirror as telling a French television programme: "Of course I will score some goals this season, but I'm not a true scorer.

"What I like is to touch the ball a lot and play behind the front man, like I do with France behind Thierry Henry or Karim Benzema.

"Ideally, I would like to play in a classic 4-4-2 with Didier Drogba, playing just behind him."

Scolari has been practically begging for money to spend this month, but Anelka clearly feels that the Brazilian gaffer should unleash the fit-again Drogba before looking externally.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Imagine,english Teams Dominate Draw Lineup (unbelievable) / Uefa 1/4 Final- It's Liverpool V. Chelsea / Overated Manchester United Flops In Europe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.