Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,803 members, 7,882,806 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:24 PM

My Love For Vintage Cars. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Love For Vintage Cars. (3685 Views)

Abandoned Vintage Mercedes Benz In Ibadan / A Review Of Emir Sanusi Vintage's Car: Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith / Vintage 1967 Benz 230 Used As A Wedding Car At CMS Church Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 1:24am On Feb 26, 2015
I've always admired how Snoop glides on his classic hydraulics. Then I ran into a glistening wonder not too long ago. I couldn't help but take a snap then the people around informed me it's for sale. Now I'm tempted to go take a second look since they informed me it's working and they could start the engine.

I'm hoping there's someone here who is equally into these old beauties. cheesy

Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by bigt2(m): 1:59am On Feb 26, 2015
Vintage cars are awesome! Even stronger than the latest. However, they come with a huge price- sometimes. I'm a petrol head. I wish to have one or even four in the nearest approaching future. I'm still balling hard. May God bless our hustle till we give more testimonies.
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 2:31am On Feb 26, 2015
bigt2:
Vintage cars are awesome! Even stronger than the latest. However, they come with a huge price- sometimes. I'm a petrol head. I wish to have one or even four in the nearest approaching future. I'm still balling hard. May God bless our hustle till we give more testimonies.
Bro! You don't know how much I love them. I wonder if one won't look awkward driving one of those.
Yeah! They are more expensive but worth it.
I love the way it glistens in the sunlight after waxing. Damn!

Would you believe I pleaded so much for a classic benzie not to get scrapped. The owner almost sold it to scrap metal dealers for 50k. Couldn't believe someone was about to butcher that elegant beauty.
My cousin saved her and now drives it. grin
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by bigt2(m): 2:40am On Feb 26, 2015
Brandnew2:

Bro! You don't know how much I love them. I wonder if one won't look awkward driving one of those.
Yeah! They are more expensive but worth it.
I love the way it glistens in the sunlight after waxing. Damn!

Would you believe I pleaded so much for a classic benzie not to get scrapped. The owner almost sold it to scrap metal dealers for 50k. Couldn't believe someone was about to butcher that elegant beauty.
My cousin saved her and now drives it. grin
The Benz had a good luck. Gonna rate up for a vintage soon, like the Land Rover Defender.
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2015
bigt2:
The Benz had a good luck. Gonna rate up for a vintage soon, like the Land Rover Defender.
My cauz is not the best when it comes to squeaky clean. grin

I'm actually contemplating if it should visit a pimping garage. I don't know anyone around. cheesy

Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
The Land Rover Defender is actually one of my all time best Vintage. Looks like the G Wagon was modeled after it.

1 Like

Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2015
Lol, just wondering if any man on this thread, has seen this car being placed for sale at the Auto Section.
https://www.nairaland.com/2131106/buy-drive-regular-benz-200
Did you spot the LR Defender in one of the pics?
Can you compare the price tag to that of others you see around?
What can you say about the owner?
I need Mentions...
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 26, 2015
Brandnew2:
I've always admired how Snoop glides on his classic hydraulics. Then I ran into a glistening wonder not too long ago. I couldn't help but take a snap then the people around informed me it's for sale. Now I'm tempted to go take a second look since they informed me it's working and they could start the engine.

I'm hoping there's someone here who is equally into these old beauties. cheesy

the pics u uploaded, looks more of sourced from the internet.
Wheres the pic of ride u saw pls?
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2015
Bossforeva:
the pics u uploaded, looks more of sourced from the internet.
Wheres the pic of ride u saw pls?

There are lots of defenders around but not so sure if they're for sale. They'd definitely need to be worked on too. Their body'ks mostly in good condition but can't say much about the engine.

Vintage cars are rare to come by here iin Lagos but the one I came across was inn Maryland and I only took a pic of the behind cuz it was glistening in the sun.

I'd have to go back there to get a full picture and ask the price. The car looks like a cadillac too.
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
Brandnew2:

There are lots of defenders around but not so sure if they're for sale. They'd definitely need to be worked on too. Their body'ks mostly in good condition but can't say much about the engine.

Vintage cars are rare to come by here iin Lagos but the one I came across was inn Maryland and I only took a pic of the behind cuz it was glistening in the sun.

I'd have to go back there to get a full picture and ask the price. The car looks like a cadillac too.
Thought u said u took a snap, upload the snap na..
The link i posted earlier is that to a pristine looking MB 200 for sale. The LR was one of the items the seller has.
If the vintage u saw is a cadillac, then i place my bet on Seville.
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2015
Bossforeva:

Thought u said u took a snap, upload the snap na..
The link i posted earlier is that to a pristine looking MB 200 for sale. The LR was one of the items the seller has.
If the vintage u saw is a cadillac, then i place my bet on Seville.
I saw the MB 200 and the interior looks decent. The exterior is also clean. Price now depends on the engine's condition.
I would envy whoever takes that aunty home. grin

I can't access the pic of the vinatage cardie ATM. I'd like to see images off the defender the OP is offering.

Are you interested in that one I saw? I'm afraid fiixing it would be a problem cuz thhe spare parts might be scarce. Except maybe it's just kept somewhere to be taken out occasionally.
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
Brandnew2:

I saw the MB 200 and the interior looks decent. The exterior is also clean. Price now depends on the engine's condition.
I would envy whoever takes that aunty home. grin

I can't access the pic of the vinatage cardie ATM. I'd like to see images off the defender the OP is offering.

Are you interested in that one I saw? I'm afraid fiixing it would be a problem cuz thhe spare parts might be scarce. Except maybe it's just kept somewhere to be taken out occasionally.
am interested in the pics bro
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
Bossforeva:
am interested in the pics bro
I'll see if I can get it....it's a real vintage though.. Not so sure if I will be passing through the Maryland axis anytime soon but I promised myself I would check on the car again and have then start the engine.

Keep your fingers crossed bro! Maybe you we need to follow each other for PM and updates too.
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Brandnew2:

I'll see if I can get it....it's a real vintage though.. Not so sure if I will be passing through the Maryland axis anytime soon but I promised myself I would check on the car again and have then start the engine.

Keep your fingers crossed bro! Maybe you we need to follow each other for PM and updates too.
Nice one, just that i thought u have some pics of he ride already.
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
Bossforeva:
Nice one, just that i thought u have some pics of he ride already.
Yeah! I did but can't find it now.
Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Crixie(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2018
grin

Re: My Love For Vintage Cars. by Crixie(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Issues With My Ride After Fixing. / Where Can I Fix My Corolla Verso gear In Lagos / My 2005 Corolla Consumes Too Much Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.