Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,761 members, 7,965,890 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:53 AM

Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? (2015 Views)

Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / Man Climbs Tree, Says He Will Not Come Down Until A New Government Is Sworn In / SEUN KUTI: If Buhari Wins And Is Pro-people, Then I Might Forgive Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by nationwide1(m): 5:36am On Feb 26, 2015
For me, this is a billion Naira question. Will he repeat 1984 injustice of sending some people to jail and giving others house arrest on the ground of tribal and religious differences?

I really doubt Buhari has any plan of fighting corruption considering his allies on the way to the presidency. How will he recover the stolen monies from Tinubu, Fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi, Comrade governor, Atiku, OBJ among others?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by Odehfamily(m): 5:50am On Feb 26, 2015
nationwide1:
For me, this is a billion Naira question. Will he repeat 1984 injustice of sending some people to jail and giving others house arrest on the ground of tribal and religious differences?

I really doubt Buhari has any plan of fighting corruption considering his allies on the way to the presidency. How will he recover the stolen monies from Tinubu, Fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi, Comrade governor, Atiku, OBJ among others?

Op! I know you want to make front page, isn't that so? but let me advice your life....firstly, don't let sentiments to damage your brain cells. secondly, please always read yourself and don't let hear-saying to mislead you and finally, don't you wanna vote a man that will try his best to reshape the lives of ordinary Nigerians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by madridguy(m): 5:52am On Feb 26, 2015
Odehfamily:

Op! I know you want to make front page, isn't that so? but let me advice your life....firstly, don't let sentiments to damage your brain cells. secondly, please always read yourself and don't let hear-saying to mislead you and finally, don't you wanna vote a man that will try his best to reshape the lives of ordinary Nigerians?

Seconded

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by clevvermind(m): 5:56am On Feb 26, 2015
can he jail those criminals surrounding him?

i mean Tinubu, Fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi, Comrade
governor, Atiku, OBJ etc grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by liquiddeep: 5:57am On Feb 26, 2015
Buruji kashamu.
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by xreal: 5:57am On Feb 26, 2015
GEJ
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by nationwide1(m): 5:58am On Feb 26, 2015
Odehfamily:

Front page is not necessarily my target. My opinion is honest, innocent and devoid of political allegiance. Logically, I don't know how he's going to jail some people but let others off the hook. Or is he going to imprison people on political differences this time?

1 Like

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by bennygreat1(m): 6:10am On Feb 26, 2015
Wait until he Wins first and sworn in.....

Day dreaming can be bad you know!!! grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by egift(m): 6:13am On Feb 26, 2015
There will be amendment on Nigeria's Penal Code, EFCC and ICPC will get Special designated Courts to trial corrupt cases, there will be State and Federal Police each having their jurisdictions.

How the Fight Against Corruption works will be simple: Whenever you have a case or implicated in one then get a Lawyer and go to Court (APC, PDP, does not make any difference). No more injunctions here and there.

Also there will be the Whistle Blower Act to provide incentives and protection to citizens that exposes hidden cases of corruption (depending on the quality of info and the person involvement).

Nigeria, the best is ahead. Sai Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by talktimi(m): 6:15am On Feb 26, 2015
Tinubu, Amaechi, Atiku, Obasanjo, Fashola
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by nationwide1(m): 6:22am On Feb 26, 2015
egift:
There will be amendment on Nigeria's Penal Code, EFCC and ICPC will get Special designated Courts to trial corrupt cases, there will be State and Federal Police each having their jurisdictions.

How the Fight Against Corruption works will be simple: Whenever you have a case or implicated in one then get a Lawyer and go to Court. No more injunctions here and there.

Also there will be the Whistle Blower Act to provide incentives and protection to citizens that exposes hidden cases of corruption (depending on the quality of info and the person involvement).

Thanks for being the first person to make efforts at explaining this to me. Many are so beclouded that all opinions in politics section are considered partisan. But how will the general treat the current set of politicians who are corrupt?

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by egift(m): 6:36am On Feb 26, 2015
nationwide1:
Thanks for being the first person to make efforts at explaining this to me. Many are so beclouded that all opinions in politics section are considered partisan. But how will the general treat the current set of politicians who are corrupt?
Firstly, Buhari has promised not to embark on witch-hunting. Secondly, he stated he will draw a line of intolerance to corruption on May 29th 2015. Old cases of corruption is expected to be prosecuted with renewed vigor. But the primary goal is to ensure that perpetrated rampantly again in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by Charlotte15: 6:40am On Feb 26, 2015
Diezani

1 Like

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2015
The Op is daydreaming, you left the name of perpetual corrupt thieves unmentioned and started mentioning the names of people of progressive minds. Do I have to start telling you those thieves PDP is harbouring?

Quote me for constructive arguments only and not for any immature rant.

Meanwhile, Sai Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by luvinhubby(m): 7:36am On Feb 26, 2015
egift:

Firstly, Buhari has promised not to embark on witch-hunting. Secondly, he stated he will draw a line of intolerance to corruption on May 29th 2015. Old cases of corruption is expected to be prosecuted with renewed vigor. But the primary goal is to ensure that perpetrated rampantly again in Nigeria.
And how does he intend doing that without legitimate overhaul of our rotten judiciary?
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by egift(m): 8:17am On Feb 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

And how does he intend doing that without legitimate overhaul of our rotten judiciary?
\

Did you not hear when he said he will be working with the National Assembly to provide all the legal inputs needed. I must also point out that our problem in Nigeria has never been legislation BUT the political will to enforce our laws as it should. Currently even case that makes it to the court are not backed with enough evidence to secure convictions. In no time we see criminals walk away because of backyard deals.

In Nigeria, we have only one problem - it is Leadership. The Buhari/Osinbajo ticket avails us that needed solution. In Buhari's administration, PDP as the Opposition Party will be following them bomber-2-bomber in order to keep them on their toes. But re-electing Jonathan is an endorsement to continue the mess we are in.

The choice is ours. I will vote for Change.
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by DonaldGenes(m): 8:28am On Feb 26, 2015
nationwide1:

Simple, why not steal and wait and see what will happen to you?
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by dein77(m): 8:32am On Feb 26, 2015
clevvermind:
can he jail those criminals surrounding him?

i mean Tinubu, Fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi, Comrade
governor, Atiku, OBJ etc grin

No way! How can he dare jail the same folks that are paddling his Presidential canoe?

No way.......No way....
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by egift(m): 8:37am On Feb 26, 2015
dein77:

No way! How can he dare jail the same folks that are paddling his Presidential canoe?

No way.......No way....

Buhari have said this repeatedly, your fate lies with the Court. The job of the Prosecutors is charge you to court and present evidence to back their case against the looter. The rest lies with the court.

I believe under Buhari administration, Lawyers and Legal practitioners will have their own pound of flesh from the politicians grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by omenka(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2015
He can jail anyone he likes from Tinubu to Soyinka, I don't bloody care. If he doesn't jail Alison, Adoke, Fayose, and IGP, I'd renounce my citizenship!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by luvinhubby(m): 9:02am On Feb 26, 2015
egift:
\

Did you not hear when he said he will be working with the National Assembly to provide all the legal inputs needed. I must also point out that our problem in Nigeria has never been legislation BUT the political will to enforce our laws as it should. Currently even case that makes it to the court are not backed with enough evidence to secure convictions. In no time we see criminals walk away because of backyard deals.

In Nigeria, we have only one problem - it is Leadership. The Buhari/Osinbajo ticket avails us that needed solution. In Buhari's administration, PDP as the Opposition Party will be following them bomber-2-bomber in order to keep them on their toes. But re-electing Jonathan is an endorsement to continue the mess we are in.

The choice is ours. I will vote for Change.
Let us not play the ostrich because of partisan political inclinations. We both know Nigeria's problem is lack of strong , independent institutions, including the judiciary & no Nigerian politician will encourage that so as not to diminish their political influence in power.
Nigeria operates one of the weakest criminal laws in the world (google is your friend) & that is a function of legislation which our legislators (like Farouk Lawan & Herman Hembe) are part of will never pass laws that will conflict with their wealth amassing interest in power & that will bring us to the only possible solution to our multipe problems, RESTRUCTURING & not this so called "change" being chanted meaninglessly.
The implementatuon of the outcome of the just
concluded confab represents Nigeria's only chance of radical departure from our past unto a better tommorow.
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by TheFreeOne: 9:06am On Feb 26, 2015
GMB is just a PAWN in the hands of those corrupt, turncoats and self acclaimed progressives whose sole intention is to ride on his back into Aso Rock.

The idea of jailing politicians indiscriminately will not happen cos we are not in a military era and the fraudulent 1999 constitution doesn't make the task easy. Hence the need for the implementation of the 2014 national conference recommendations but ironically the APC keeps promising impossibilities and imaginary change whilst they turned their back on this laudable project that will restructure this country into a true federating units having strong institutions and sound laws to tackle corruption effectively.

Shouting change and sai buhari without deep thinking only shows that illiteracy is becoming contagious to those gullible followers.

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by egift(m): 9:12am On Feb 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

Let us not play the ostrich because of partisan political inclinations. We both know Nigeria's problem is lack of strong , independent institutions, including the judiciary & no Nigerian politician will encourage that so as not to diminish their political influence in power.
Nigeria operates one of the weakest criminal laws in the world (google is your friend) & that is a function of legislation which our legislators (like Farouk Lawan & Herman Hembe) are part of will never pass laws that will conflict with their wealth amassing interest in power & that will bring us to the only possible solution to our multipe problems, RESTRUCTURING & not this so called "change" being chanted meaninglessly.
The implementatuon of the outcome of the just
concluded confab represents Nigeria's only chance of radical departure from our past unto a better tommorow.

@Bold:
As I stated, the only solution is a leadership that will effect the changes we desire. With a leadership that has the political will to do what is needed, the institutions and others can be strengthened.

In this 2015 General Elections, in choosing the next President of Nigeria who will correct our present predicament, the quote below is very important.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

President Jonathan has failed in tackling the Fundamental problems of this Nation, it is time to turn a new leaf. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by hedonistic: 9:15am On Feb 26, 2015
egift:

How the Fight Against Corruption works will be simple: Whenever you have a case or implicated in one then get a Lawyer and go to Court (APC, PDP, does not make any difference). No more injunctions here and there.

You are funny. You think Nigeria under Buhari would slide back to the dark days of totalitarian dictatorship in which one man would arrogate to himself the powers and functions of the executive legislature, and judiciary?

How will Buhari unilaterally effect amendments to the Penal Code, the EFCC Act, and ICPC Act? How will he unilaterally set up special courts for corruption cases? How will he unilaterally establish State Police or pass a Whistle Blower Act into Law? Do you realise that these things rest mainly in the domains of the legislature and judiciary, and some of them even require an amendment to the constitution, which means that a 2/3 majority of the state assemblies nationwide would also be required in addition to the National Assembly?

Do you realise how corrupt and entangled in vested interests most members of the National Assembly, state assemblies, and judiciary are? The landmark PIB has been lying fallow at the National Assembly years after it was sent there by President Jonathan because of legislators' vested interests and inducement by the IOCs. What would Buhari do to force their hand? Jail all of them? How?

Look, the earlier you understand the dynamic, complicated and deeply entrenched nature of corruption in Nigeria, the better. No one man can stop or even reduce corruption in Nigeria today, using this worn out strong-arm 'gra gra' approach. At best, Buhari will purport to lead by example - by being personally incorruptible (like Shagari ostensibly was). That would not stop his ministers and aides, heads of MDAs, senators, governors, judges, and all categories of public officers at federal and state levels from continuing the merry go round business as usual of corruption. At worst a few unlucky scapegoats would be prosecuted, and they would use their billions to secure bail and delay the court trial endlessly until the case dies a natural death (as usual), while others will continue stealing. Nothing has changed.

The only way to reduce this menace is to institute strong systems and mechanisms to block corruption loopholes and wastages; and that is exactly what President Jonathan is doing!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by hazyfm1: 9:17am On Feb 26, 2015
[size=38pt]YOU[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by seyidboy(m): 9:18am On Feb 26, 2015
well oga Jonah may b jail 4 negligence; but there are more thieve in bukohari camp than gej camp. prove me wrong..

1 Like

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by luvinhubby(m): 9:27am On Feb 26, 2015
egift:

@Bold:
As I stated, the only solution is a leadership that will effect the changes we desire. With a leadership that has the political will to do what is needed, the institutions and others can be strengthened.

In this 2015 General Elections, in choosing the next President of Nigeria who will correct our present predicament, the quote below is very important.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

President Jonathan has failed in tackling the Fundamental problems of this Nation, it is time to turn a new leaf. God bless Nigeria.
You keep on harping on the INDIVIDUAL - Buhari, who will come with a magic wand, and all things will be well without taking into consideriation of the complex nature of Nigeria.
Like you said, insanity is hoping on same 'individual' to come rescue Nigeria like we have been doing since 1914....& the result has been same till today.
For once, let us try a different approach, RESTRUCTURING, & we have the confab report for a start.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by egift(m): 9:46am On Feb 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

You keep on harping on the INDIVIDUAL - Buhari, who will come with a magic wand, and all things will be well without taking into consideriation of the complex nature of Nigeria.
Like you said, insanity is hoping on same 'individual' to come rescue Nigeria like we have been doing since 1914....& the result has been same till today.
For once, let us try a different approach, RESTRUCTURING, & we have the confab report for a start.

You can only deliver the embodiments you process. Buhari has Integrity and strong positive character, he will as well work with Nigerians towards a common goal. People like you prefer we remain under Jonathan in Hopelessness. No we won't.
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by dein77(m): 10:13am On Feb 26, 2015
egift:

Bro, and you believe Buhari will UNILATERALLY achieve all these?
U underestimate how deep corruption is entrenched and how complex our political system is.
Buhari will not perform magics.
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by mikolo80: 10:19am On Feb 26, 2015
nationwide1:

he said he will jail anybody that steals after may 30 2015 and forget about the past. But even if he did not agree to let bygones be bygones nothing stops him from going after doyin okupe,diezani,stella oduah,patience dem,when next it is their turn they if they like they bshouldn't go after tinubu and co.all we want is competition so that as the elephants fight the grass can get some fertilizer(elephant manure tins)
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by egift(m): 10:32am On Feb 26, 2015
dein77:
Bro, and you believe Buhari will UNILATERALLY achieve all these?
U underestimate how deep corruption is entrenched and how complex our political system is.
Buhari will not perform magics.

These what Buhari has stated he will do. And we all know he has the Political will to do it. Even those who hate him knows that too.

There is only one way to find out - Vote and elect Buhari. It is for the good of everyone.
Re: Who Will Buhari Jail For Corruption If He Wins And Is Sworn In? by Canme4u(m): 10:33am On Feb 26, 2015
How to be a PDP supporter
1. Create lies.
2. Attack and insult
violently when facts are presented.
3.Scream "Gej till 2019" if faced with
superior argument.
4. Lose your sense of rationality and
logic.
5. Insult GMB and anyone
that supports him
6. Lie that GEJ didn't steal $49 billion.
7. Disagree with any event or post
that portrays GMB in a goodlight and
agree with any event or post that
portrays GMB in a badlight.
8. Lie that GEJ doesn't have a $500m farm.
9 Celebrate boko haram attacks by
shouting "Buhari call your boys to order"

(c) malikmoreni, 2015
Sai Buhari!!!!!

10. Betrayed the people's trust. Betrayed your friends. When you agree on YES, go behind their back to say NO.

Copied and Edited
(c)Canme4u2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diezani Allison Madueke Allegedly Flees The Country / Ex-militants, OPC Begin N9.3b Pipeline Jobs Today / Nigerian Flag Flies Behind U.S President Obama At G7 Summit In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.