Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,097 members, 7,890,619 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away (2113 Views)

Rachael Dickson Gives Birth To Quadruplet In The US / 60% Of Illegal Arms In S/east Produced Locally —presidential C’ttee / "We Found Stockpiles Of Dollars, Not Arms In AK Govt. House” — Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by BWGISTdotCOM: 7:15am On Feb 26, 2015
The arrival of a baby in every home heralds joy. But this was not the case for Mr. Mudashiru Sheriffdeen of Bosun Street, Ifo in the Ifo Local Government Area of Ogun State.

The wife, Taiwo, was on Tuesday delivered of a baby boy who had no arms. The baby boy weighed 3.25 kilogrammes at birth and was born around 2pm at a private hospital, Majotal Medical Clinic at the Ilogbo area of Ado/Odo-Ota Local Government Area of the state.

The mother of the baby told MetroPlus that immediately she gave birth to the baby boy, her husband took to his heels on hearing that the baby was born without arms.

Expressing her sadness, she said:

“This is my first child and I do not know why I gave birth to this kind of a baby. Immediately my husband was informed that his son had deformity, he ran away and had not come to see me. He is a commercial bus driver, and we had been married now for almost two years before God decided to answer our prayers.

When I was pregnant, we took every steps that the doctor directed us to take, but we did not know why we came about this calamity.”

While pleading for assistance from well meaning Nigerians, Mrs Sheriffdeen said:

“I have been warned by both my husband and our landlord not to bring the child home. The hospital management has asked us to leave the hospital. Now, this child and I have nowhere to go, I don’t need this baby. I want government to adopt him.”

http://bwgist.com/featured/photo-woman-gives-birth-baby-without-arms-ogun-state-father-runs-away/

Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by Akkord4gov: 7:16am On Feb 26, 2015
ALLAH AKBAR-God is great

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by darksuit(m): 7:18am On Feb 26, 2015
booked
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by CrazyScientist: 7:21am On Feb 26, 2015
embarassed cry
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by blessedvisky(m): 7:23am On Feb 26, 2015
eeya, sorry. maybe she used certain medication during pregnancy. I heard there was drug like that some years back that was used for pregnant women. it relieved them of dizziness and feeling sick, but the babes were born without limbs. The name is Thalomide

"Thalidomide ( / θ ə ˈl ɪ d ə m aɪ d/ ; from ph thali mi do - glutari mide . [2]
Currently marketed under the brand names Immunoprin, Talidex ,
Talizer , Thalomid ) is an immunomodulatory drug and the prototype of
the thalidomide class of drugs . It was first marketed in 1957 in West
Germany under the trade-name Contergan . The German drug company
Chemie Grünenthal (now Grünenthal) developed and sold the drug.
Primarily prescribed as a sedative or hypnotic, thalidomide also
claimed to cure “ anxiety , insomnia, gastritis , and tension". [3]
Afterwards, it was used against nausea and to alleviate morning
sickness in pregnant women. Thalidomide became an over the counter
drug in Germany on October 1, 1957. Shortly after the drug was sold in
Germany, between 5,000 and 7,000 infants were born with phocomelia
(malformation of the limbs). Only 40% of these children survived.
[4] [ dead link ] Throughout the world, about 10,000 cases were reported
of infants with phocomelia due to thalidomide; only 50% of the 10,000
survived. Those subjected to thalidomide while in the womb
experienced limb deficiencies in a way that the long limbs either were
not developed or presented themselves as stumps."

Akkord4gov:
ALLAH AKBAR-God is great
na wa o. so a case like this demonstrates God's greatness ba? undecided . As in you are saying a deformed child is evidence of God's greatness ehn?? angry If you happened to know someone like this, is this what you will tell the person?? some people sef
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by dandydrey(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2015
Eeeeewo
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by ShirelleBaby: 7:39am On Feb 26, 2015
It certainly had to be something she took!

Probably she don drink AGBO

Imagine her wanting to give up the child kus of his deformity!--that is very sad.

Funny the husband ran away-what a shame!
Even landlord doesn't want the child in his compound!
They don't even have any idea what God has planned for that child even in absence of his arms.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 26, 2015
A gift is a gift whether you luke it or not, that man no try at all.
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by richybanky(m): 8:01am On Feb 26, 2015
Jesus Christ!!! I don't really blame d father of d baby, pesin go first run like Usain Bolt if u hear dis kind of news.. #LordHaveMercy
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by Akkord4gov: 8:13am On Feb 26, 2015
blessedvisky:
eeya, sorry. maybe she used certain medication during pregnancy. I heard there was drug like that some years back that was used for pregnant women. it relieved them of dizziness and feeling sick, but the babes were born without limbs. The name is Thalomide

"Thalidomide ( / θ ə ˈl ɪ d ə m aɪ d/ ; from ph thali mi do - glutari mide . [2]

na wa o. so a case like this demonstrates God's greatness ba? undecided . As in you are saying a deformed child is evidence of God's greatness ehn?? angry If you happened to know someone like this, is this what you will tell the person?? some people sef
Who be dis for God's sake?So it isn't God's greatness,it is what?No matter how scientific evidence u can give to proof ur point,it is still the greatness and work of unquestionable God
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by benosky(m): 8:24am On Feb 26, 2015
oh my God
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by Haywhymido(m): 8:26am On Feb 26, 2015
ShirelleBaby:
It certainly had to be something she took!

Probably she don drink AGBO

Imagine her wanting to give up the child kus of his deformity!--that is very sad.

Funny the husband ran away-what a shame!
Even landlord doesn't want the child in his compound!
They don't even have any idea what God has planned for that child even in absence of his arms.
ma, what u said abt agbo in d above piece is pure nonsense, our grand n great grand mothers took agbo n we had no case of dis. Get ur fact right sister.
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by ShirelleBaby: 8:38am On Feb 26, 2015
Haywhymido:
ma, what u said abt agbo in d above piece is pure nonsense, our grand n great grand mothers took agbo n we had no case of dis. Get ur fact right sister.

Sir,pls you should be the one to get ur fact right!

Who told u that there were not cases like this in the oldies?
Then visit ur great grandparents and ask them what they do to kids born like this?
I am sure u wouldn't want to find out.

AGBO(herbal medicine) has caused deaths and deformity in so many pregnancy.

I don't make AGBO,so I guess there should be some good and bad ones then.
Having stayed in hospital environment for a while with the kind of cases I see--then I believe AGBO sure has enough disadvantages.

I know u drink it well,pls take it easycheesy
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by Haywhymido(m): 8:45am On Feb 26, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

Sir,pls you should be the one to get ur fact right!

Who told u that there were not cases like this in the oldies?
Then visit ur great grandparents and ask them what they do to kids born like this?
I am sure u wouldn't want to find out.

AGBO(herbal medicine) has caused deaths and deformity in so many pregnancy.

I don't make AGBO,so I guess there should be some good and bad ones then.
Having stayed in hospital environment for a while with the kind of cases I see--then I believe AGBO sure has enough disadvantages.

I know u drink it well,pls take it easycheesy
funny enough,i dont drink it.But i av seen case where agbo cure sickness dat hospitals find hard to cure. Yeah, agbo has it disadvantages too. But is dia really a thing witout disadvantages in dis world??
Since u knw u what dose grandmas do to such child,be kind enough to tell me.
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by steven187(m): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2015
IN OLAMIDE'S VOICE :Offspring of the god's:
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by blessedvisky(m): 9:04am On Feb 26, 2015
Akkord4gov:

Who be dis for God's sake?So it isn't God's greatness,it is what?No matter how scientific evidence u can give to proof ur point,it is still the greatness and work of unquestionable God
so you mean God decides to prove his greatness by giving a poor woman a deformed child?? a child no one wants!?.?!
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09am On Feb 26, 2015
Ritual things.
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by yhusiee(f): 9:22am On Feb 26, 2015
#Gudmorn peeps, how do u do#
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by steven187(m): 9:24am On Feb 26, 2015
[quote auth[/color]or=AlfaSeltzer post=31095972]Ritual things.[/quote] [color=#000099]2 arms = 2 Billion
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by jerflakes(m): 9:35am On Feb 26, 2015
blessedvisky:

See as you carry the whole matter for head.

In joy and pain, you praise God.

He created everything.

Akkord4gov:
ALLAH AKBAR-God is great
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2015
How dare u to say tat u don't want tat baby? tat is ur child for God sake…its bcoz he has deformity, u will juz throw him juz like tat he is a special child & needs a special attention…wat kind of mother r u if u will reject him becoz he got no arms it was not his fault in the first place tat he was born like tat..and ur husband is a totally coward! running away from this will situation will not make him better man!
u juz both made me sick.
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by p2t2r(m): 10:25am On Feb 26, 2015
How this thread go take change the price of garri for market?....
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by Akkord4gov: 11:47am On Feb 26, 2015
blessedvisky:
so you mean God decides to prove his greatness by giving a poor woman a deformed child?? a child no one wants!?.?!
A child wey no one wants?If God gives u,will u commit suicide.Poor woman?No be God created the woman and make her poor,and do u know whether the child was even given to the poor woman to test her faith or even to make her rich tru d child.Everytin that happens,God has hand in it and this situation is to remind us that God still dey and he is the over-all ruler.Being educated can even be a disease
Re: Photo: Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun State; Father Runs Away by BWGISTdotCOM: 6:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
p2t2r:
How this thread go take change the price of garri for market?....
Google that... wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Seun, Please Check This / Where Is Our Vice President Elect? / In One Word Goodluckjonathan Lost The Election Because He Did Not Carry SW Along

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.