Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:35 PM

The Tale Of The Goat And The Yam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Tale Of The Goat And The Yam (1290 Views)

The Goat Who Saw Tomorrow! - (graphic Pics) / Abacha's Death And The Tale Of Two Indian Prostitutes (snapshot) / The Parable Of The Goat And The Yam: By Goodluck Ebele (phd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tale Of The Goat And The Yam by Hidentity(m): 7:57am On Feb 26, 2015
President Jonathan is unrepentant and he does not hide it. His confidence when it comes to troubling Nigerians with his analysis is epic. I decided not to meddle into his affairs again, but the decision seemed to be like the resolution of a cat never to touch the basket of fish placed before it. President Jonathan keeps forcing my fingers. As a matter of fact, I wanted to go silent on his recent verbal disaster, but no writer has seen it my way. So, the need to address Mr. President.

Dear career Jonathanians, please pardon my constant criticisms of our dear President. I want to be a good teacher, and in doing that, I must pay attention to my weak student. Like you, I like the person of the humble Otuoke man. Last time he was alighting from one of the expensive presidential jets, his two arms were humbly placed behind him. He went to visit the survivors of a bomb blast in the hospital, out of humility, he placed his right hand on his chin all through. Humbly, he even admitted that the recalcitrant Baba Obasanjo is his father. No matter what he wears or where he is, you see that concentrated humility on his face. At a point, the humility was almost morphing into worries, but forget it, that is what humility can do.

Mr. President, there is a likelihood that you will set your eyes on this piece. I know an online outfit most of your aides visit to sample public opinion about you and your administration. I will ensure that this features there, even if I will have to forgo my salary to pay my way into getting this published there. Those boys around you are not sincere, I may need to be taking you administrative tutorials and public speaking methodologies from here. Forget Omokiri, Okupe, Abati and Fani-Kayode, when it comes to relating with the public, they are empty. You may need to fire them! Not to employ me, but to cleanse the system of reckless talkers and dangerous strategists.

Mr. President, some weeks back, I learnt you would have your hilarious presidential media chat to be shown on some of the Nigerian television stations. I must confess that I was not eager to hear you speak. The reason is that experience has shown that anytime you consent to such chat, we are about to see a rehearsed script- compromised interviewer, selected questions, lack of coherence and even black out. On those grounds, you have escaped being lynched by questions from longsuffering Nigerians. I say kudos for that game plan. For me, I expected that such rehearsals and staged drama should portray you with the preparedness and oratory skills of Socrates, but you won't stop goofing. Why, Mr. President? Why are you falling my hand?

So, on that day, you sat at the glare of millions of Nigerians and it all started. Your famous 'stealing is not corruption' philosophy was still haunting you, you needed an occasion to present itself for you to make a redress. You got it that day! It was nice that you knew that and tried to make a sense out of that centenary misstatement but honestly, you compounded it all. Mr. President, what did I hear that you said? That stealing is dignified when you call it corruption. Is there any dignity in corruption? Mr. President, but why? Right, it sounded like something Fani-Kayode asked you to say. He has the habit of making reckless statement. This is one reason you should stop listening to people like him, he is a thief-he once stole from the coffer of this nation. He knew that he will feel shame if you publicly condemn the act, so he would rather have you say rubbish and feel safe. That is the habit of drowning people, they would hold on to anything just to live. Fani-Kayode is a drowning man. I won't dignify him by letting his insignificant political relevance drain my ink.

I can recommend a technique for you to prevent this constant flop that is fast becoming your identity. Try and listen to yourself when you talk. What is our business with your choice between Turkey and Chicken? Now, to the analogy you made in justifying why you, Mrs Jonathan, Alison Madueke, Stella Oduah, David Mark won't stop stealing from Nigerians. You said if a yam is left with a goat, it will eat the yam up. Correct! Sir, who among you is a goat? I could not remember that Nigerians voted for any goat. Mr. President, that analogy puts a big question mark on your person. For God sake, a goat is a lower animal-it lacks the mental ability to distinguish between good and bad. It has no moral strength of character to discern whether a yam placed before it is for it or not. Mr. President, you are an academic doctorate degree holder. For God sake, goats are yet to have an institution of learning. You walk on two legs, goats have four. You talk, goats bleat. Mr. President, goats have horn, you don't. Why? Why do you want us to see our leaders as goats? Why the goat and yam analogy? For goodness sake you are the President of the most populous African nation, not a goat!

Thinking you were making a point, you continued by telling us that anywhere you have money and there are humans there, the money will be stolen. Mr. President, you are wrong. This is how it goes, anywhere there is money and there are humans there, sane humans will work to earn it. On the other hand, anywhere there is money and there are thieves, they will steal it. Stop the generalization! There are countries richer than us, humans manage their resources and yet they don't steal because they have access to it. Mr. President, are you telling us that people like you can't be trusted with money? Mr. President, but why?

Arguments and philosophies like yours have contributed immensely to the decadence in our society-from the point of law, to religion, to education, to morality and even our social life. When you see a rapist whose excuse is that his victim wore a cleavages revealing outfit, Mr. President, he takes after you. That is the Jonathan school of thought. Yet, I will ask. Mr. President, but why? Those that lynched the Aluu boys did so with your type of mentality- where there are blood-thirsty 'manimals,' any man that is available, whether innocent or guilty must be lynched and set ablaze. Mr. President, but why? The two beasts that molested Cynthia and murdered her were products of your school of thought-a sexual urge must be satisfied at all cost, even if lives will be taken in the process. Mr. President, but why?

Sadly, this mental mindset is not limited to your speech, you are showing it by action. Motor parks and institutions may be bombed as long as it does not affect your second term ambition. Mr. President, but why? Tonight, a gang of robbers will take the life of poor travellers just because they have lives. Somewhere in an underground place, ritualists are severing the parts of a lady just because she has those parts. Again, you and your people won't stop siphoning our collective resources because anywhere there is a goat, yam and plaintain, the goat will eat the yam. I hope you are also aware that anywhere there is God and human commits grave atrocities like yours, God will punish them? When God is ready for that part, I am sure that you won't even remember the goat, let alone the yam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tale Of The Goat And The Yam by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 26, 2015
Well...I have nothing to say!!
Re: The Tale Of The Goat And The Yam by Caseless: 8:39am On Feb 26, 2015
Weapon is not groundnut - Jonathan(2015)
Re: The Tale Of The Goat And The Yam by ndcide(m): 8:49am On Feb 26, 2015
The writeup is shallow. one simple rule in security.

open the front door of your house. 99% of the time people will look in.

close the door even without a lock people hardly bother to look in unless with a deliberate intention to open.

the reason why many won't go to white house is because of access. give an unlimited access and those who have no business in white house will be there.

I can go on and on but I got work to do.
Re: The Tale Of The Goat And The Yam by blackfase(m): 9:20am On Feb 26, 2015
Like iv been yelling on this forum, I just cant wait to see Jonathans memoir after leaving office (hopefully by May
29th) titled - HOW I ALMOST DESTROYED
NIGERIA WITHOUT THE USE OF A SINGLE
NUCLEAR WAR-HEAD!......
Re: The Tale Of The Goat And The Yam by Edzy: 10:10am On Feb 26, 2015
true talk op. gej philosophy is flawed ,because he is just taking away d yams from the goat to where the goat sleeps;so if d goat did not eat d yams in d day tym,it will have a field day at night.by his maxim why has he not used this principle to take away all the yams(our money) from d lyk abdurasheed maina ,Stella's,the alison madueke's. show people(as a leader) leadership by example, inspire them through ur body language and countenance of ur zero tolerances policy to corruption and so many of them will buy into ur convictions.

(1) (Reply)

Ambode Winning Lagos So Far / Dakuku Peterside Suffocates And Had To Be Revived / A Massive Earthquake Just Hit Mount Everest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.