Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,972 members, 7,931,373 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nigerian Companies Seeking Nigerian Expatriates! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Companies Seeking Nigerian Expatriates! (2651 Views)

Pics Of Kidnapped Expatriates By The Militants / Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / Aun Sacks 11 Lecturers, Hires 17 Expatriates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Companies Seeking Nigerian Expatriates! by lucabrasi(m): 2:50pm On Jan 14, 2009
Sky Blue:

Contrary to what you might think, i happen to believe education is also a very important too and no need to school me on studying or working abroad and enriching pockets of foreign economies. Perhaps the only thread i have ever opened on nairaland was based on this issue of education and was posted on the politics section. Funny enough if you look at the post you quoted from me you would see in it that i was not calling for eduaction to be ignored at all. Apart from focussing on education sector in itself, another indirect way of also focusing on it and many other sector is governance on a national, state and local government scale. Nigeria is choosing to remain stupid because i really do believe the day that stupidity stops, the development pace might really astound you and education as well as other sectors could be addressed too. Don't underestimate the power good direction and visionary leadership can have on a country like Nigeria.

i have not disputed this fact,the point im making is "priorities" where should our priorities lie?
while its all well and dandy fighting and hoping for good governance,leadership e.t.c the first priority is making the vice chancellors account for the money they have been getting not by government but by the students both past and present, im not underestimating the power of good direction and visionary leadership but where i beg to differ with you is that theres no time to focus these lofty ideals on politicians but the university itself,and the onus should come from no less an individual but an almamater who also shares the vision presumably of a better educational system, so why isnt he doing is bit by highlighting this issues is the question im pondering on,
Sky Blue:

Saying the founder of Sahara reporters is already established and using it as an excuse seems a bit flimsy. I see what you're getting at in terms of the power sahara reporters now has to draw the spotlight on issues, however didn't sahara reporters also start from scratch? There are more avenues than you might think of bringing attention to issues and you don't have to be a writer of sahara reporters to do that.
i dont think its flimsy considering the number of people including myself who log on to sahara reports on a daily basis internationally,while saharareports started from scratch, being a public figure as a student directly or indirectly helped him on his quest to travel out,its obvious by keyamo's retort to his letter which he has not come out to disprove, on that note alone,doesnt he owe the university which acted as a springboard for his present status?
while yes there are other avenues but which avenues will have the widest coverage and get the prompt responce?
if its his sahara reports,then in my view that is a failing on his part
Re: Nigerian Companies Seeking Nigerian Expatriates! by tunjidina(m): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2009
Nice post. U stole my thoughts, and started a thread here. I wont fight you for that anyway

I have not been chanced for long to respond to you. Your thoughts are not stolen; i don't even know who you are. The topic was driven out of my needs and passions to correct what is wrong not anybody thought. Please withdraw your statement.
Re: Nigerian Companies Seeking Nigerian Expatriates! by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2009
@Poster,
If you really want to see change, start working to rally “THE YOUTHS” to make sure they start studying, now those who they are potentially going to vote into office, the next election. Start demanding better from your government. Collect signatures and submit petitions demanding change at the LGA level, and the state level. Billions are allocated each year to dealing with the many problems in society. Problem is there is not much to show each year so far for the billions supposedly spent. Push that you be taken seriously by making them understand your vote could cost them their opportunity at the job.
Re: Nigerian Companies Seeking Nigerian Expatriates! by davidif: 2:56am On Feb 05, 2009
mr. poster
this MNC's usually come to Nigeria for the cheap labor costs but at the same time, they would hire the best of the best. Quality always come first. If Mobil or Schlum would have it, they would have an all Nigerian staff instead of having to pay there own people more than twice they would pay them back home just to come and work in Nigeria. This companies also have to pay a fortune for there security and housing and a lot of money in Insurance in case anything happens to them.
The fact that a Nigerian has a university education does not mean he or she is qualified to hired in some of this companies. Your average Nigerian graduate can't even use Microsoft Powepoint talkless of Microsoft Excel or worst of all an Electrical Engineering student can't even use C++. Is this the person you are going to employ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soludo’s Father’s Abduction: Ransom Reduced To N300m / Lagos FRSC Didn’t Announce Closure Of 3rd Mainland Bridge / MANDELA UPDATE: 60 Great World Leaders To Attend Mandela’s Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.