Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,425 members, 7,978,348 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:41 AM

The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! (3503 Views)

I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi / Revealed: Seized 47 Suvs, 100 Motorcycles Bought For Jonathan’s Campaign / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by CyberWolf: 10:03am On Feb 27, 2015
lilflipnerd:
I guess this ur supposed non-yorubas residing in southwest even with the low turn-out
How can you reconcile the fact that SE gave GEJ 4,985, 246 votes and the whole of SW gave him a paltry 2,786,417 votes ?
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20110419040622zg/sections/general-articles/details-of-2011-presidential-election-results-in-nigeria/
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by lilflipnerd: 10:08am On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
How can you reconcile the fact that SE gave GEJ 4,985, 246 votes and the whole of SW gave him a paltry 2,786,417 votes ?
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20110419040622zg/sections/general-articles/details-of-2011-presidential-election-results-in-nigeria/
There was Low Registration and Low Turn Out.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by zimoni(f): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2015
Truth Jonathan made a lot of mistakes.

He made Yoruba his number one enemy when we were never his enemy.

But now he's realized his mistakes and knows whom the enemies are.

Now he knows the people who are hell-bent on sending him back to Otuoke.

So, we have no option than to vote for him and allow him to make amendments.

Why?

Because He MUST Rule Till 2019.

It Is A Must.

Jonathan Till 2019.

Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by goofy124: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2015
APC
Nigeria
APC
Change
APC
Sai Buhari/Osibanjohttps
ChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChangeChange
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by CyberWolf: 10:13am On Feb 27, 2015
lilflipnerd:
There was Low Registration and Low Turn Out.
There was no low registration but low turn as you said and that justifies my stand that SWterners simply stayed at home and those that came out voted for ACN. 95% of those that voted for GEJ are non SWterners residing there...I was in Lagos that day so I know what I'm talking about...

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Rilwayne001: 10:15am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

This is serious matter not a joke. We have every right to take at least 60% of Sw votes after Afenifere, OPC and other have endorsed Jonathan and we will take our votes. tongue

Who are the afeniferes how many factions of them do we have? I have heard about OPC for long time now, where are they? whose interest are they fighting for? how many are they? Can they even influence the yoruba people to vote for a particular candidate? Where are these OPC and Afeniferes when he (GEJ) was campaigning to almost empty stadiums in the southwest? why come out now to say they endorse someone when actually they have went AWOL for a long tym now?

We are Independent, we can vote for the candidate of our choice without anybody telling us to vote for someone.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by ak47mann(m): 10:17am On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=gratiaeo post=31128370]But GEJ have started sharing his campaign rice in Yoruba towns, what else do yoruba want?[/quote] cool
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by ak47mann(m): 10:17am On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=gratiaeo post=31128370]But GEJ have started sharing his campaign rice in Yoruba towns, what else do yoruba want?[/quote] cool
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

[s]Who are the afeniferes how many factions of them do we have? I have heard about OPC for long time now, where are they? whose interest are they fighting for? how many are they? Can they even influence the yoruba people to vote for a particular candidate? Where are these OPC and Afeniferes when he (GEJ) was campaigning to almost empty stadiums in the southwest? why come out now to say they endorse someone when actually they have went AWOL for a long tym now?

We are Independent, we can vote for the candidate of our choice without anybody telling us to vote for someone.[/s]

The results will be declared! All the OPC and bad boys capable of causing trouble have been taken care of tongue Is it people like you with your tie & suit that will come out to start burning tires? grin grin grin grin

Calm down and wait for the game plan next month. Don't forget that Mbu is in Lagos too. grin grin grin grin grin grin You will be shocked at the signs and wonders that will happen in the SW next month. tongue
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by zimoni(f): 10:20am On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
thats a blatant lie..only none Yorubas residing in SW voted for him, the rest simply stayed at home..compare the presidential and gubernatorial votes in SW during 2011 election..

People like you are not helping Jonathan.

Saying only people who voted for Jonathan in 2011 are non-Yoruba is a fallacy.

Too badt.

Too badt.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Rilwayne001: 10:22am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[s] The results will be declared! All the OPC and bad boys capable of causing trouble have been taken care of tongue Is it people like you with your tie & suit that will come out to start burning tires?

Calm down and wait for the game plan next month. Don't forget that Mbu is in Lagos too. ;You will be shocked at the signs and wonders that will happen in the SW next month. [/s]

You are not a southwesterner, are you?
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by CyberWolf: 10:24am On Feb 27, 2015
zimoni:

People like you are not helping Jonathan.

Saying only people who voted for Jonathan in 2011 are non-Yoruba is a fallacy.

Too badt.

Too badt.
My bad..Only a small portion of Yorubas voted for him,majority of the votes are non yorubas..that's a fact. I made that statement based because the Yorubas here keep shouting all over the cyberspace that they will never vote GEJ again angry....
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You are not a southwesterner, are you?

Where I am from does not matter we have ensured that there will be no trouble in the SW after Jonathan is declared winner. cool
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by zimoni(f): 10:26am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Now this is the true Yoruba speaking. grin grin grin There are many other good Yorubas like you my brother and they will gather 80% SW votes for Jonathan.

All the Yorubas that are supporting buhari have been correctly classified by another good Yoruba-Prof Wole Soyinka. grin grin grin grin grin

I have a lot of respect for this man. cool

Forget it.

The dude is the most confused Nigerian/Nairalander.

If you have been around for about 5yrs, you should know the dude has claimed Kanuri, Igbo, Ijaw and now Yoruba.

People are angry because Jonathan made us his number one enemy when he was sworn-in in 2011.

We voted for him massively, he only lost Osun State.

I wish him best of luck, but I don't see him winning in SW.

The only solution is to use whatever means to ensure he emerged victorious.

That GrandPa shall never be my President again.

Jonathan Till 2019.

Lobatan.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 27, 2015
zimoni:

Forget it.

The dude is the most confused Nigerian/Nairalander.

If you have been around for about 5yrs, you should know the dude has claimed Kanuri, Igbo, Ijaw and now Yoruba.

People are angry because Jonathan made us his number one enemy when he was sworn-in in 2011.

We voted for him massively, he only lost Osun State.

I wish him best of luck, but I don't see him winning in SW.

The only solution is to use whatever means to ensure he emerged victorious.

That GrandPa shall never be my President again.

Jonathan Till 2019.

Lobatan.

(1) How did Jonathan make you his number one enemy?

(2) True and he will use whatever means necessary; Jonathan stays in Aso Rock for now. There's no space for buhari there.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by ViktorMartins(m): 10:34am On Feb 27, 2015
gratiaeo:
But GEJ have started sharing his campaign rice in Yoruba towns, what else do yoruba want?
How you talk shows the type of family you from! Enough said!
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by jpphilips(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2015
jobinto:
When I visited Ibadan, there’s a Yoruba lamentation that I found quite amusing. It’s usually a retort to a victimization of some description that they can’t explain: ki ni mo se fun yin? In the Nigerian parlance, it translates to “wetin I do for you?” In case there are non-Nigerians reading this, it means “what have I done to deserve this persecution?” Chief Kola Aderemi wrote in The Nation of December 23 that President Jonathan must have something against the Yoruba to allow for such sustained ill-treatment. “Nothing illustrates President Jonathan’s hatred for Yoruba,” he said, “better than the way he removed some Yoruba people from key positions on allegation of being too close to the former President Olusegun Obasanjo. To buttress my point, I recalled how he removed Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola as People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Secretary. Mr. Yomi Bolarinwa was removed as DG of Nigeria Broadcasting Commission, Otunba Segun Runsewe was removed as DG of Nigerian Tourism Development Commission (NTDC) and they were replaced with Igbo people.” Here is a selection of other Yoruba people that Jonathan sacked: Mr. Olu Oluleye, Executive Secretary, the Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF) was sacked by Jonathan. CEO of the Accident Investigation Bureau, Dr. Samuel Oduselu was also sacked. Stella Oduah, sacked eight general managers at the FAAN in 2014, six of whom were Yoruba. The same minister employed 75 workers, 40 of whom were from the Southeast, her geo-political zone. The minister sacked the Rector of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria, Captain Adebayo Araba and replaced him with Captain Chinyere Kalu from the Southeast. The Director-General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises, Mrs. Ola Onagoruwa, was sacked for “undisclosed reasons”. In fact, immediately after Yar’adua died, Jonathan went on Yoruba sacking spree. The result being, other than appointment that are constitutionally required, Yorubas are nowhere in his government. The Yorubas moved from the number one (position of President Obasanjo) to number 22. I’m not exactly sure how this reckoning was done, but it serves my purposes to use it. Whatever Jonathan has been told however, Yorubas don’t deserve this neglect. Many of them voted for him in 2011, but he’s got this weird conviction that those who voted him in the Southwest and the North are the Igbos resident in those areas. I sometimes do my morning jog with a Yoruba woman, a Muslim, who told me that in 2011 she voted Jonathan because she thought that was justice – because Niger Delta produces a chunk of the government income; however, she wouldn’t repeat that mistake again not because Jonathan dislikes the Yoruba people, but because the guy is useless to everybody, including the long suffering people of the Niger Delta. My own friend for many years, also a Yoruba Muslim, gave me the same reason for supporting Jonathan in 2011. I keep getting this “sense of justice” reason from the Yoruba people that I’m beginning to think that must something embedded in their culture. During our time in the diaspora, I had many Nigerian friends. The most religious of us and one of my closest neighbours is a Yoruba Muslim. Obviously, from the stories he told, his old father in Nigeria was also religious; in 2011, however, he told us his father was preparing to vote for Goodluck Jonathan. Make of that what you will but, the northern Yoruba and their southern brethren – Muslim and Christian – supported the president four years ago. It’s the reason why the Yoruba people shouldn’t let this betrayal go unpunished. The fortunate thing for Nigerians and particularly my party, is that many of them have long resolved to do this. That sense of justice will be used to shoot down Jonathan this month. You are an intelligent set of people. Do us all a favour, I call upon you in supplication, don’t vote Jonathan. As of this moment, the only Yoruba group which supports Jonathan is Afenifere. However, even Afenifere is divided. Afenifere Renewal Organization, ARG, said they didn’t support the endorsement of Jonathan enacted by Yinka Odumankin’s group. So the authentic Afenifere doesn’t support the president. The Oodua organization based in the US also distanced itself from the self-serving endorsement of Odumankin’s group. Civil rights activist, Moshood Erubami, summed it up: “No real Yoruba man or woman who supports a pan-Yoruba political and developmental agenda will vote for Jonathan in the coming election, because the Southwest has not gained anything from his administration. So let’s have a bloc vote from this intelligent and enterprising race. Jonathan shouldn’t continue, Yorubas must not allow him!

what happened to paragraphs? this is unreadable
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by uniklinkum(m): 10:38am On Feb 27, 2015
the fooolish president can dream on, this election is a payback time for most yorubas . Let him choke on his tribalistic snide on peeps who don't care about him. the oyinlola pindinpin description comes to mind.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by lilflipnerd: 11:46am On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
There was no low registration but low turn as you said and that justifies my stand that SWterners simply stayed at home and those that came out voted for ACN. 95% of those that voted for GEJ are non SWterners residing there...I was in Lagos that day so I know what I'm talking about...
Bro stop deceiving urself n. Jonah, I was staying in Osun n Oyo den b4 elections n Yoruba ppl were all chanting Jonathan, I actually voted in Lagos. I can only tell u Voting experience of my street. It was neutral Yoruba, Igbo, Southsouth all Voted for GEJ...
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by lilflipnerd: 11:48am On Feb 27, 2015
2011 we were deceived with "Vote for the Man and Not d Party". Right now PDP is done n dusted in Southwest. Bye PDP

And to those Deceiving themselves that some foreigners are more than We OMO-Ile. U must b high on Wet Weed..

Sai Buhari La fe
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Rilwayne001: 11:51am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Where I am from does not matter we have ensured that there will be no trouble in the SW after Buhari is declared winner. cool

you are not in the south west to know for yourzelf what is happenin or who we are clamouring to vote for only for you to clinch to wat gani adams and some non existing groups are telling Goatluck?
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Kingspin(m): 11:53am On Feb 27, 2015
Meanwhile, we cannot vote for a 75 years old man and a half human being to lead us.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 27, 2015
Rilwayne001:

you are not in the south west to know for yourzelf what is happenin or who we are clamouring to vote for only for you to clinch to wat gani adams and some non existing groups are telling Goatluck?

Respect your president!
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by uniklinkum(m): 11:59am On Feb 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Respect your president!

GOATLUCK EGBERE JONATAN
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by tonytony208(m): 12:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
gratiaeo:
But GEJ have started sharing his campaign rice in Yoruba towns, what else do yoruba want?

if your own tribe can sell their destinies for rice and money, that doesn't mean every other tribe is like that. We may attend your rallies, collect your money and collect your rice; that doesn't mean we will vote for you.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by tonytony208(m): 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
Did they vote for GEJ before?..95% of those hating GEJ did not vote for him in 2011, so there is no big deal....GEJ Till 2019 cool

you are a big lier. The only song pple were singing in 2011 was Jonathan. Southwest voted for him massively, except in osun state.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by CyberWolf: 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
tonytony208:

you are a big lier. The only song pple were singing in 2011 was Jonathan. Southwest voted for him massively, except in osun state.
then why is SE votes almost twice of SW votes?
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by dipo1234: 12:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
WHO IS JOBINTO TOTELL ME WHO I WILL VOTE? YORUBA LEADERS AND THE ENTIRE YORUBA RACE HAVE DECIDED TO CAST THEIR VOTES MASSIVELY FOR JONATHAN, PLS REMAIN SILENT IF YOU HV NOTIN ELSE TO SAY.

MARCH FOR GOODLUCK 2015
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by tonytony208(m): 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
CyberWolf:
then why is SE votes almost twice of SW votes?

they massively voted for him does not mean totally voted for him. Gbenga daniel defected from pdp around that time. Osun voted for buhari too. Maybe you want to compare total number of votes casted with the number of votes casted for Jonathan.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by Mckennedy: 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
In as much as the news is coming from Nation newspaper I don't value it cos I know who operate Nation Newspaper.
Re: The Yorubas Must Not Vote For Jonathan! by CyberWolf: 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
tonytony208:

they massively voted for him does not mean totally voted for him. Gbenga daniel defected from pdp around that time. Osun voted for buhari too. Maybe you want to compare total number of votes casted with the number of votes casted for Jonathan.
you don't know what you are talking about..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Black People Are Not Human Beings"? / Breaking News !! Patience Jonathan Sacked From Being Africa First Lady President / We Will Hit Buhari Terribly That His Eyes Will Shed Blood ~ Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.