Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,891 members, 7,879,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:32 AM

Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law (6420 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Chairman Of Sharia Court Of Appeal In Gombe For Fraud / Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
BUHARI once again openly declared in very subtle way that his government will implement Sharia Laws limited to Marriage and Inheritance during his Chatham House appearance.

We all know how accused adultrers are stoned to death, flogging etc. Under age marriage is acceptable under sharia law; this is the aspect of sharia Buhari is looking to pursue.

Need I remind us that there are other aspect of sharia that he would not be exploring, which may include but not limited to crime, declaration of formal western education as bad; which gave birth to "Boko Haram"; a sect calling for full implementation of sharia.

Buhari in his views over time is believed to support full implementation of sharia law across the country.
Time will continue to reveal Buhari's true colors.

Please note the link below shows where he mentioned "inheritance and marriage". In communication, one must learn to follow the trail of thoughts and unwritten meaning to words put on paper.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/sharia-limited-to-inheritance-marriage-buhari/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
The essence of this thread is to debate why he felt the need to mention sharia on a global stage. Any views that can justify his action is highly welcomed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Poor understanding is worrying you

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by bondingman: 1:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Every body knows buhari is a sharia protagonist
Buhari gives his views regularly on BBC Hausa n in one of the sessions said that they'd even fight another civil war for sharia to b implemented nation wide.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by parkhurst: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
.!Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President #jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? If the economy of a country is getting better, the people feel it before they see official published statistics. Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country? Do you feel opportunity is being expanded for all or most of the opportunities in the land is limited to a privilege few who are in government?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government...?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nemo dat quod non habet, no man can give wad he or she doesn't ve, buhari got no democracy, he can't give us any undecidedI can't vote a bastard who wants to imprison(sharia) ma life. Sharia=modern day slavery lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by jerflakes(m): 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
parkhurst:
.!Are you better off now than you were 6 years ago before President #jonathan was sworn in as president after the death of President Umaru Yaradua? If the economy of a country is getting better, the people feel it before they see official published statistics. Are Nigerians living a higher quality of life now than before because they have access to better, good paying jobs, better healthcare, better education and infrastructure, power or electricity that has removed the need to invest in diesel generators? What is your perception of corruption in the country? Do you feel opportunity is being expanded for all or most of the opportunities in the land is limited to a privilege few who are in government?

Follow links in my signature, NL is blocking any information that does not or may not favour the current government...?

What of the years before GEJ became president.

Can you explain those too?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
soe:
Poor understanding is worrying you

Please explain to me what I don't understand. Is it that you don't read English or you like to gloss over articles?
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
bondingman:
Every body knows buhari is a sharia protagonist
Buhari gives his views regularly on BBC Hausa n in one of the sessions said that they'd even fight another civil war for sharia to b implemented nation wide.

So indeed, it does beg the question: why are enlightened people supporting a man who want to send Nigeria back to the dark age where women are voiceless and brutality is the order of the day?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
parkhurst:

Gej is OK. Buhari is too questionable for the type of change Nigeria needs to make democratic head way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Please explain to me what I don't understand. Is it that you don't read English or you like to gloss over articles?
oh okay.sorry sir, i didn't know I was writing NECO.

The poor man only said "sharia is on the same level with customary law as far as the constitution is concerned, and so it only applies to marriage and so on"

By implication, just like customary law, u can decide to get married under shariah law or NOT.

You can decide to get judgment based on Shariah law or NOT.

You can decide if shariah is your custom or NOT.

That is the way it has been in Nigeria since 1999...he said there is nothing anybody can do unless they change the constitution. Simple

He has nothing about shariah to add or subtract

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by praxisnetworks: 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
Gbam! On Point!

soe:

The poor man only said "sharia is on the same level with customary law as far as the constitution isbconcerned, and so it only applies to marriage and so on"

By implication, just like customary law, u can decidrbto get narried under shariah law or NOT.

That is the way it has been in Nigeria since 1999...he said there is nothing anybody can do unless they change the constitution. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by jamace(m): 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by jamace(m): 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
soe:

The poor man only said "sharia is on the same level with customary law as far as the constitution isbconcerned, and so it only applies to marriage and so on"

By implication, just like customary law, u can decidrbto get narried under shariah law or NOT.

That is what we currently have, what he is driving for is entirely new level and yes he did mention that constitutional change will be required.
For the sake of argument, he wins election and controls both lower and upper house, who can stop such ideas from becoming law?
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by tit(f): 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
Why are there Federal Sharia courts
and No Federal Customary Courts?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by lyntiffany(f): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
spreads mat dey crack my palm kernel dey wait for APC dragons to come defend their pa buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
Noviolence2015:

That is what we currently have, what he is driving for is entirely new level and yes he did mention that constitutional change will be required.
For the sake of argument, he wins election and controls both lower and upper house, who can stop such ideas from becoming law?
really? U see buhari as someone who can control the upper n lower house

Instead of praying that he doesn't get impeached within his first three months in office for refusing to bribe them regularly or attempting to reduce their high allowances.

Let's be realistic
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 2:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
tit:
Why are there Federal Sharia courts
and No Federal Customary Courts?

They already got sharia sneaked into our constitution, what is left is the platform to spread it across geo political regions of Nigeria. Sharia is far bigger than customary laws we have in place today.
APC supporters know it, PDP supporters know this and to allow a man who has openly declared his support for such agenda into office is too much of a risk to take.
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by praxisnetworks: 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
make sense next time!
Noviolence2015:

They already got sharia sneaked into our constitution, what is left is the platform to spread it across geo political regions of Nigeria. Sharia is far bigger than customary laws we have in place today.
APC supporters know it, PDP supporters know this and to allow a man who has openly declared his support for such agenda into office is too much of a risk to take.
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
soe:
really? U see buhari as someone who can control the upper n lower house

Instead of praying that he doesn't get impeached within his first three months in office for refusing to bribe them regularly or attempting to reduce their high allowances.

Let's be realistic

What you have failed to take from this is that "Sharia" is already recognized in our constitution. The only thing required at this moment is a leader with the will power to implement it.
A contributor noted here and nobody has answered the question: why do we have federal sharia court in the North and don't have same for customary courts since his (Buhari's) operating word is that sharia and customary law are "similar".
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by praxisnetworks: 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
well defended...except for the brain dead who cannot comprehend the statesman's speech after six years of listening to a Port Harcourt Degree holder mumbling!
lyntiffany:
spreads mat dey crack my palm kernel dey wait for APC dragons to come defend their pa buhari.
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
praxisnetworks:
make sense next time!

Those that can read and understand will definitely make sense out of my written words.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by praxisnetworks: 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
endeavour to always make sense! now scram n don't quote me again.

Noviolence2015:

Those that can read and understand will definitely make sense out of my written words.
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
praxisnetworks:
well defended...except for the brain dead who cannot comprehend the statesman's speech after six years of listening to a Port Harcourt Degree holder mumbling!

Your man, Buhari made the below statement. I did not but he did. Defend that
"I can die for the cause of Islam. If necessary, we are prepared to fight another civil war. We cannot be blackmailed into killing Sharia” - Muhammadou Buhari, 2000 Freedom House.
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by lyntiffany(f): 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
praxisnetworks:
grin grin Ok but your OYO.
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by praxisnetworks: 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
when wisemen speak...the fools re echo them not knowing a wiseman increases in wisdom with time....video of him saying such or ....

Noviolence2015:

Your man, Buhari made the below statement. I did not but he did. Defend that
"I can die for the cause of Islam. If necessary, we are prepared to fight another civil war. We cannot be blackmailed into killing Sharia” - Muhammadou Buhari, 2000 Freedom House.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by agabusta: 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
Noviolence2015:
The essence of this thread is to debate why he felt the need to mention sharia on a global stage. Any views that can justify his action is highly welcomed.

Why dont you first watch the show before coming here to yarn trash.

He didnt bring that into his presentation. He was asked the question during the Q and A session and he answered it.
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
praxisnetworks:
when wisemen speak...the fools re echo them not knowing a wiseman increases in wisdom with time....video of him saying such or ....

It is a statement of fact, that is why it has a reference.

Video or what? You think this is cooked up info like your Transcorp Hilton interview tagged to be London venue. Yet gullible Nigerians like you gulped it all as the truth.
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Mckennedy: 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
parkhurst:

OBJ was there for 8yrs as the president and also the oil minister and nothing changed so whose fooling who?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by Noviolence2015: 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
agabusta:

Why dont you first watch the show before coming here to yarn trash.

He didnt bring that into his presentation. He was asked the question during the Q and A session and he answered it.

Because he is hugely associated to sharia and its advocacy otherwise there will be no need to ask him such question.
Re: Buhari Implicitly Suggests That Certain Aspect Of Sharia Will Be Made Law by praxisnetworks: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Give us the $20 billion audit report of the NNPC or else I won't reply you again!

Noviolence2015:

It is a statement of fact, that is why it has a reference.

Video or what? You think this is cooked up info like your Transcorp Hilton interview tagged to be London venue. Yet gullible Nigerians like you gulped it all as the truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Luxurious Life Of Diezani Madueke's Sons Revealed / Abuja Power Firm Disconnects APC Secretariat Over N1.2m Debt / As Ikwerre, Etche Etc. Deny Igboness, Blacks In USA Express Joy For Being Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.