Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,074 members, 7,928,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 11:29 AM

She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? (1173 Views)

How Do I Tell Her That She Makes Annoying Sounds When Eating Without Hurting? / Should She Tell Her Fiancee Or Not / "I Started Having Sex With My Daughter Because I'm Not Her Biological Father" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? by Princephelar(m): 10:53am On Feb 28, 2015
This is serious as it is not a super story, so pls reasonable contributions are needed.
The girl's mum died at birth and is being raised by her aunty (Dad's younger sister as her mum was the only child). When should she tell her about her mum. Is it at her childhood or she should wait untill she's mature (say 18+)?

Reasonable comments pls for God's sake.
Re: She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? by coolbis: 11:02am On Feb 28, 2015
I think wen she is 18 or more because it might affect her now.
Re: She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? by naijainfogalery: 11:05am On Feb 28, 2015
If u don't wanna kill the child's morale start telling the child immediately he can talk , start by telling the child how great the mum was . show the child her pics oftenthe child will grow into it and become stronger. The child won't even feel it cos its been part of him/her but if the child gets to a teen age and u tell that child. In his face that's betrayal u kept the trutj from him/her and it would be worse if the child now gets this info outside .

4 Likes

Re: She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? by naijainfogalery: 11:08am On Feb 28, 2015
coolbis:
I think wen she is 18 or more because it might affect her now.

How will you feel if you got to know that the people you thought were your parent weren't your parents after 18 years . I bet you u will feel betrayed . if possible start showing the child the mums picture from birth , since he or she doesn't know her he won't feel it

4 Likes

Re: She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? by kfrosh: 11:14am On Feb 28, 2015
Its best she knows @ a tender age rather than when she is an Adult .

2 Likes

Re: She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? by Vision4God: 11:55am On Feb 28, 2015
If ur r/ship wt her is very gud, u cud tell her buh strt stylishly. Apreciate her, say sweet things to her.
Afterwards nvr mk her feel lonely or hv a 2nd tot bout it. She shud b grateful tho painful. Buh God knows y
Re: She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? by mutter(f): 2:47pm On Feb 28, 2015
naijainfogalery:
If u don't wanna kill the child's morale start telling the child immediately he can talk , start by telling the child how great the mum was . show the child her pics oftenthe child will grow into it and become stronger. The child won't even feel it cos its been part of him/her but if the child gets to a teen age and u tell that child. In his face that's betrayal u kept the trutj from him/her and it would be worse if the child now gets this info outside .

This is the right and humane thing to do.!

1 Like

Re: She's Not Her Biological Mother,when Should She Tell Her? by Noloss(f): 10:13pm On Feb 28, 2015
I av a friend back then on campus dat did not know dat d person she anwer his name was not her biological father. She got to know outside @ say 30yrs n asked her mum, mum did not deny it. She was devastated n felt betrayed. It'll be bad for her to know from an outsider. Tell her now n show much love n care. Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage! Before And After.. / Help!!!!!!!!! My Landlady Wants To Eject Me Unjustly / Couples Digest. 13 Times S£x Actually Is The Answer To Your Problems.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.