Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,731 members, 7,935,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

PHOTO: Protesters In Cameroon Hit The Streets, Call Shekau A Coward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: Protesters In Cameroon Hit The Streets, Call Shekau A Coward (582 Views)

Photo: Protesters Storm National Assembly Over Herdsmen Killings / PHOTOS: #istandwithbuhari Protesters In Abuja / We’ll Crush Pro-biafra Protesters In Rivers —governor Wike Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: Protesters In Cameroon Hit The Streets, Call Shekau A Coward by Guruscrew: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2015

Thousands of people took to the streets of
Cameroon’s capital on Saturday, February 28, to
protest against and denounce Islamic terrorist
sect,Boko Haram and its leader, Abubakar Shekau.
The menace of Boko Haram began in Nigeria but
has since slipped into Chad, Niger and parts of
Cameroon.

The event organiser, Guibal Gatama said:
“It was
very important for Cameroonians to come out as a
sign of solidarity for the 150,000 internally
displaced
people, for the 200,000 Nigerian refugees and the
170 schools that have been closed. I am optimistic
that the military will be galvanised and I am sure
Boko Haram has got the message that the people
are united against them.”

The country’s Labour Minister Gregoire Owona
charged at marchers in Yaounde, saying: “This
march symbolises Cameroon’s unity against Boko
Haram, before adding: ‘Shekau’.

The crowd which numbered 10,000-15,000
chanted
back athim: “You are dead, you are a coward.”
The march which was reportedly peaceful, saw
protestors waving the flags of Cameroon, Chad and
Nigeria.

A marcher Philomene Ekombo, said:
“It was
important to be here for me, for my brothers who
are on the front, for my country”.

http://gist212.com/2015/03/protesters-in-cameroon-hit-the-streetscall-shekau-a-coward/
Re: PHOTO: Protesters In Cameroon Hit The Streets, Call Shekau A Coward by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
He is a coward...courageous people don't hide and fight but show theirselves...
Re: PHOTO: Protesters In Cameroon Hit The Streets, Call Shekau A Coward by ellapius(f): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
God bless them
this is very nice
Re: PHOTO: Protesters In Cameroon Hit The Streets, Call Shekau A Coward by stigman(m): 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
Northern elders should do the same
Re: PHOTO: Protesters In Cameroon Hit The Streets, Call Shekau A Coward by Ilekeh(f): 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
What is Nigeria waiting for?

(1) (Reply)

Its Officially 25days To Election..#apcwhereisbuhari / Non-payment Of Subsidy, Looting Of $12b Domestic Gas Fund Are The Real Causes Of / Jonathan Paid AIT N10billion For The Documentaries Against APC, Osibanjo Is Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.