Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,155 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:42 PM

Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? (1054 Views)

“Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth" Lagos Church Members Believe The Pastor Is Jesus / Atheists Come And See: The Most Powerful Argument For The Existence Of God / Do You Actually Believe In The Existence Of Witches And Wizards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by HCpaul(m): 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
Since most athiest did not believe that God exist, did they believe the existence of Satan?
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by finofaya: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
No
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by kevoh(m): 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
Nope I do not.
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by johnydon22(m): 7:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
[size=20] NOPE, THEIR IS NOTHING LIKE SATAN, ITS JUST ANOTHER MYTH...hahahahaha satan is another fictious character and arch enemy of yahweh/ allah... like all super heroes they must have a counter part na.
Imagine an all powerful God who cant just destroy his arch enemy who happens to be one of his angels... cus the moment he destroys satan baaaaaam everything is over, no more need for all this shiiiit[/size] grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by johnydon22(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
Satan is another fabricated mythical piece of shiiiit ...Atheist do not believe anything supernatural or superstitious... cus eeeeehm we just choose to live in reality..
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by plaetton: 7:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
HCpaul:
Since most athiest did not believe that God exist, did they believe the existence of Satan?

Anyone who asks this type of question Obviously doesn't yet understand what atheism means.
So please try to understand the meaning of atheism before you ask what they believe in.
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by Tallesty1(m): 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
How will he understand without asking?
plaetton:

Anyone who asks this type of question Obviously doesn't yet understand what atheism means.
So please try to understand the meaning of atheism before you ask what they believe in.
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by NnamdiN: 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Do you atheists believe there's a reward for evil/good?
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by johnydon22(m): 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
NnamdiN:

Try robbing a bank now and find out..grin
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by johnydon22(m): 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
How will he understand without asking?

Ok his questions have been answered... Nope both are myth..
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by finofaya: 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
NnamdiN:

No. At least I don't. Nothing other than what man has put in place, such as jailing offenders and conferring honours and all that.
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by NnamdiN: 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Try robbing a bank now and find out..grin
I can rob and be successful. I'm not asking about that kinda "evil". If yall are right(which I doubt) it would be a bad thing for some people to get away with evil stuff they did sha. (like murder, rap"e etc)

As much as I'm a christian and believe in God, I still have reservations wink
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by NnamdiN: 8:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
finofaya:

No. At least I don't. Nothing other than what man has put in place, such as jailing offenders and conferring honours and all that.
which means, once I can outsmart man,my evil deeds would just be "kinda written off"? sad
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by johnydon22(m): 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
NnamdiN:
I can rob and be successful. I'm not asking about that kinda "evil". If yall are right(which I doubt) it would be a bad thing for some people to get away with evil stuff they did sha. (like murder, rap"e etc)

As much as I'm a christian and believe in God, I still have reservations wink

Their is nothing like reward or punishment after death cus a dead man is dead.

We are all humans and we derive our morality from empathy... our society created the concept of punishment and reward thats why if you are caught in the act of murder am sure you know where you are going...grin

Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by johnydon22(m): 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
NnamdiN:
which means, once I can outsmart man,my evil deeds would just be "kinda written off"? sad

So you are telling me that without a book threatening you with hell fire, you will be going round killing, stealing, raping huh? You cant figure out those things go against empathy towards a fellow human thereby is wrong
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by NnamdiN: 8:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Their is nothing like reward or punishment after death cus a dead man is dead.

We are all humans and we derive our morality from empathy... our society created the concept of punishment and reward thats why if you are caught in the act of murder am sure you know where you are going...grin
if I were an atheist, I wouldn't be cool with this. If man cannot do it, there should be something supernatural that should deal with that. I'd like to hold on to that belief that whoever escapes justice on earth will still meet it in another realm.

You mean God will not punish all my debtors ni? cheesy nah.
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by NnamdiN: 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

So you are telling me that without a book threatening you with hell fire, you will be going round killing, stealing, raping huh? You cant figure out those things go against empathy towards a fellow human thereby is wrong
without the bible, I know all these things are wrong. I don't do them not because of the threat of hellfire but because I just know they're wrong. I don't need any religion to be good
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by johnydon22(m): 8:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
NnamdiN:
if I were an atheist, I wouldn't be cool with this. If man cannot do it, there should be something supernatural that should deal with that. I'd like to hold on to that belief that whoever escapes justice on earth will still meet it in another realm.

You mean God will not punish all my debtors ni? cheesy nah.

Why would you wish your debtors or even anybody to be subjected to eternal torment because of a finite sin... dont you find this wrong?

Morality is not about reward or punishment bros... as an atheist I do all i want, I kill, i rape and rob as much as i want and the much i want is 0 (zero)
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by finofaya: 8:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
NnamdiN:

Yep.
Re: Did Athiest Believe The Existence Of Satan? by johnydon22(m): 8:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
NnamdiN:
without the bible, I know all these things are wrong. I don't do them not because of the threat of hellfire but because I just know they're wrong. I don't need any religion to be good

exactly now you have arrived where i needed u to. . . We atheist do them because we know they are wrong and thats just it... not cus of reward or punishment or because any deity that probably dont even have morals himself said so or a primitive ancient book said so.

(1) (Reply)

Athiests And Their Logic (how Logical) / A Nairalander Dropped A Gospel Debut Hit Song.. / Its 5 Nights Of Glory 2016. 18th - 22nd Jan.2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.