Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:32 PM

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? (46641 Views)

Where Was God On September 11th? / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by jerrymej(m): 11:38am On Mar 08, 2015
It's a rhetorical question! Doesn't deserve an answer.

Well am here to learn.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2015
khalids:
We leave in a physical world and understand the world through our physical senses, and for this our physical senses are doing quite a good job.

In trying to know via our physical senses how the world was created and if God exist poses a rather big challenge. WHY?

Our physical senses cannot understand beyond the physical, but the answers we are seeking are beyond the physical and as such our physical senses will never be able to give us the true picture nor answer.

Its just like how dogs can hear certain noise levels and we humans cannot, its simple that we are not equipped physically for that. How ever this does not mean that the sound heard by the dog does not exist.

Science tries to explain things from a physical point of view, it tells us the universe was created when the big bang occurred. But that's has far as their physical senses will allow them to reason. So then if we ask what created the big bang, we all get stuck.

My point is if you want to loosen a nut get a spanner, if you want to loosen screw get a screw driver, without the right tool we will not be able to answer nor understand these questions nor answer.

THIS IS THE LITTLE MY PHYSICAL MIND WAS ABLE TO CONCLUDE. PLEASE LETS KEEP AN OPEN MIND. ITS THE FIRST STEP TO UNDERSTANDING. smiley

You talk about keeping an open mind yet you do not have an open mind to atheists and their "beliefs" or lack of it , have you really sat down to assimilate what the atheist/agnostics are saying and trying to prove

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Dcmg(m): 11:57am On Mar 08, 2015
I'v made up my mind not to argue anything about God again becos its a complete waste of time and energy to argue about sumtin you aren't certain or sure exist.
But i want to believe there is a certain force/Energy that exist and also lives within us that can produce both good/bad or positive/negative result in which we can control some through our minds,soul,spirit or body depending on the positive/negative reaction we give to it.
And Also there are some certain forces/energy in which we can't just control and so can also produce some positive and negative result that we just can't understand why.If this certain force/energy is what is called God,then when i'v gone extinct,I have a whole lot of Questions To Ask this God{If at all he exist}.
And for a matter of fact,i'm no athiest nor religious person,and i try to respect every ones believe only if it doesn't involve any form of voilence or harm.But what i don't accept is when you try to impose your believe on someone

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by xtervaganza(m): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
mmsen:
'God' was created after mankind, by mankind.
simply stated.

Correct answer

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by xtervaganza(m): 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
Johnysky:

lolzz this guy believes nothing can come out of nothing, but yet again he believes his God (a sky man) just came out of nothing, then magically created everything out of nothing... Imagine the irony..grin
no mind the stoopid people jare

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by xtervaganza(m): 12:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Can you believe this guy ? drop out and failures? ...

Ive seen the list of billionaires and millionaires in Nigeria . Dangote is a Muslim , Carlos Slim is a christian . 100 % of the richest people in Nigeria are religious people .80% of billionaires in the world are religious people .

In every world power as in country - Russia , USA , France , Italy , Germany , UAE etc , have at least 75% of its population as religious .

Jumia , Kaymu , Konga , Linda Ikeji Blog are websites owned by religious people . They are billionaires

Media of Transportation system in Nigeria are owned by
religious people . The politics , the government , are run by religious people .

Your president is religious . By the grace of God , I have 10A and 2C in my junior WAEC , 9 distinctions in my WAEC , doing fine in my final year in the university . And I'm a hardcore christian

This troll by Horus was an epic fail , very incomprehensibly shallow attempt . GET LOST !!!

do those religious billionaires you listed up there follow their religion according to its fake teachings?

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
MarieSucre:
We studied two poems by Thomas Hardy last semester, God forgotten and Nature Questioning. The latter is what i'm still meditating on now.

I don't know about Hardy's poetry but after being forced to read 'The Woodlanders' at schools I swore to avoid him for the rest of my life. It was the most boring, pointless and depressing story I had ever read! Hope the poems are better.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by OjoMadiba: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
It is obvious that No One here knows the answer, don't reason spiritual things with your human mind, God is simply The CREATOR THAT WAS NOT CREATED, *dusted *

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by johnydon22(m): 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
OjoMadiba:
It is obvious that No One here knows the answer, don't reason spiritual things with your human mind, God is simply The CREATOR THAT WAS NOT CREATED, *dusted *

And yet you tend to grasp this spiritual knowledge with your human mind too.

Since you think human mind can't grab the concept of God(s) why is it that everything we know about this God(s) are from humans e.g quran, bible.

How come you were able to discern its was God who was the creator and was uncreated since obviously this knowledge is spiritual since its about this spiritual entity..

3 Likes

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by elantraceey(f): 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
MadCow1:

If you find evolution delusional, then you must find creation preposterous..

A God who wasn't created but just existed, had super powers, made man and animals and instructed only man to worship him and allowing animals just live freely. cheesy

Isn't it strange that you have not seen God, yet believe he exists through stuff you read in a book written by man on his behalf..
Well I haven't seen him but seen the wonders of his work , I felt his presence and I hear his voice .
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by elantraceey(f): 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
lolaxavier:

So basically that is why what matters to me the most is that which can be proven and backed up by evidence...
As for me, it is a huge waste of time, energy and resources trying to unearth a vain ideology borne out of man's insecurity towards life. That is why there is a gigantic chaos in the world today.

Have you ever being a Christian?
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by johnydon22(m): 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

Well I haven't seen him but seen the wonders of his work , I felt his presence and I hear his voice .

Hindus havent seen krishna and just like you they have seen the wonders of his work, felt his presence and heard its voice..lol.

Now what does his(is it a he/she or an it) voice sound like? baritone? feminine? ? grin

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by excellencygreat(m): 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
...It is past finding out. Our medula oblongata is so little to comprehend.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
Dcmg:
I'v made up my mind not to argue anything about God again becos its a complete waste of time and energy to argue about sumtin you aren't certain or sure exist.
But i want to believe there is a certain force/Energy that exist and also lives within us that can produce both good/bad or positive/negative result in which we can control some through our minds,soul,spirit or body depending on the positive/negative reaction we give to it.
And Also there are some certain forces/energy in which we can't just control and so can also produce some positive and negative result that we just can't understand why.If this certain force/energy is what is called God,then when i'v gone extinct,I have a whole lot of Questions To Ask this God{If at all he exist}.
And for a matter of fact,i'm no athiest nor religious person,and i try to respect every ones believe only if it doesn't involve any form of voilence or harm.But what i don't accept is when you try to impose your believe on someone

You're an agnostic
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by GerogeI(m): 12:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
A little detour for the Evolutionist and Creationists in the House:

Each time you try to bring up evolution as source of creation of carbon based beings please note the following:

1. Evolution and its proofs only reference the mechanisms of variation and change (i.e gene mutation, variation, use and disuse, survival of the fittest, etc.)

2. Evolution does not scientifically answer the question of the origin of what ever was being evolved. Which is the most crucial of any creation story.

3. In essence evolution is just an optimization process with particular objectives of diversity and survival. The open question of origin of the seed specie leaves a lot of room for GOD. Yes GOD is implied in the so called "Evolution"!!!

4. I am sure if you see evolution in the bible, you will not expect it to be called "evolution" rather a description.

5. So I take you to the book of Genesis 1: 20

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

People like to read this verse too fast, however what this verse say is that God caused or induced the water to bring forth water dwelling life form according to their kinds. In a shorter form- God caused the waters to evolve life forms of variety (evolution does not occur on its own, it needs a driver)

7. Again I take you to Genesis 1:24

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Again God caused the land to evolve creatures that live on land. That is both Seeding and Evolution

8. There is another evidence of evolution in the second chapter of the Book of Genesis: 2:19-20

19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

The story here is that God evolved one animal into another in a bid to satisfy Adams need for companionship (no wonder dogs seem to have been made for man). When he could not satisfy Adam, he evolved him into a male and a female. Since, he could only love himself.

Bottom line:
To evolutionists: There is a huge gap in evolution theory that as far as we know for now, can only be filled by GOD

To Creationists: Read your bible, evolution is not a mantra, but an optimization process which GOD used as well, so it is real but did not start from some accidental tadpole. Infact the only thing GOD sat down to mould is Man, the rest he caused to evolve.

2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Kindly note that the reference to dust is likely a reference to same carbon based material of which other organisms where made. Hence the similarities. But he put in an alien nature as well - different from every other thing we know. Hence our biological similarity to other organisms, yet amazingly outstripping capabilities. Evolution does not exclude GOD!

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by elantraceey(f): 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Hindus havent seen krishna and just like you they have seen the wonders of his work, felt his presence and heard its voice..lol.

Now what does his(is it a he/she or an it) voice sound like? baritone? feminine? ? grin

You really wanna know? Go check the bible smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by johnydon22(m): 1:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

You really wanna know? Go check the bible smiley

lol typical... you are the one that just claimed you hear his/her/it voice... and i asked you what it sounded like?
since when did reading become a sound..

Just answer the question : What did the voice sound like? grin
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by elantraceey(f): 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
johnydon22:

lol typical... you are the one that just claimed you hear his/her/it voice... and i asked you what it sounded like?
since when did reading become a sound..

Just answer the question : What did the voice sound like? grin

If I tell you what he sounds like and what he says would you believe it?
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by khalids: 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You talk about keeping an open mind yet you do not have an open mind to atheists and their "beliefs" or lack of it , have you really sat down to assimilate what the atheist/agnostics are saying and trying to prove

Okay. Can you please enlighten me as regards this.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
TopsyKrete:
I was in the midst of some students some time ago, engaged in some data update, when some of those student noticed i had some slice bread and moi-moi at my side.

They requested i give them the bread but one suggested i throw out a question, and that who ever gets the answer will have the bread.

I thought to myself, "hey, that's not a bad idea.

The next thing that came out of my mouth as a question was:

"Where was God coming from before HE started creation"?

They all gave up on my afternoon meal.

But seriously, where was God coming from?

Was HE lonely or did HE just acquire the power of the ALMIGHTY from a just concleuded war?

I need the house to help me out on this.

Thanks.
GOD IS THE SOURCE OF ALL. IT BEGINS WITH GOD AND END WITH GOD.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by dubemivan(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
TopsyKrete:
I was in the midst of some students some time ago, engaged in some data update, when some of those student noticed i had some slice bread and moi-moi at my side.

They requested i give them the bread but one suggested i throw out a question, and that who ever gets the answer will have the bread.

I thought to myself, "hey, that's not a bad idea.

The next thing that came out of my mouth as a question was:

"Where was God coming from before HE started creation"?

They all gave up on my afternoon meal.

But seriously, where was God coming from?

Was HE lonely or did HE just acquire the power of the ALMIGHTY from a just concleuded war?

I need the house to help me out on this.

Thanks.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by amobyk29: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
God said " Just as the Heavens are higher than the earth so are My thoughts higher than your thoughts and MY ways than your ways"..
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by johnydon22(m): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
elantraceey:

If I tell you what he sounds like and what he says would you believe it?

Of course i would believe you with all my heart and become a believer.. now go on smiley
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by dubemivan(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
I will liken the answer to your question as one trying to gather water into a basket! It is an effort in futility trying to know and understand the origin of OMNISCIENCE and OMNIPOTENT GOD with your little, limited and myopic human brian!
This question actually came to your mind by the DEvil because no sane man should abandon the use of his brain to think on the WORD and seek how to please GOD to trying to answer this foolish question that will not in any way impact or help you life!
I beseech everyone here to desist from pondering on this thread to get answers because the result will be confusion and fatal madness! Remember what happened to Lucifer when he thought about usurping the throne of GOD, you know the outcome of it. Now this same Devil is imputing this devilish thought in people so as to make them go astray and attract GOD'S wrath! becareful what you think and what you say... thank you!
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
GerogeI:
A little detour for the Evolutionist and Creationists in the House:

Each time you try to bring up evolution as source of creation of carbon based beings please note the following:

1. Evolution and its proofs only reference the mechanisms of variation and change (i.e gene mutation, variation, use and disuse, survival of the fittest, etc.)

2. Evolution does not scientifically answer the question of the origin of what ever was being evolved. Which is the most crucial of any creation story.

3. In essence evolution is just an optimization process with particular objectives of diversity and survival. The open question of origin of the seed specie leaves a lot of room for GOD. Yes GOD is implied in the so called "Evolution"!!!

4. I am sure if you see evolution in the bible, you will not expect it to be called "evolution" rather a description.

5. So I take you to the book of Genesis 1: 20

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

People like to read this verse too fast, however what this verse say is that God caused or induced the water to bring forth water dwelling life form according to their kinds. In a shorter form- God caused the waters to evolve life forms of variety (evolution does not occur on its own, it needs a driver)

7. Again I take you to Genesis 1:24

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Again God caused the land to evolve creatures that live on land. That is both Seeding and Evolution

8. There is another evidence of evolution in the second chapter of the Book of Genesis: 2:19-20

19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

The story here is that God evolved one animal into another in a bid to satisfy Adams need for companionship (no wonder dogs seem to have been made for man). When he could not satisfy Adam, he evolved him into a male and a female. Since, he could only love himself.

Bottom line:
To evolutionists: There is a huge gap in evolution theory that as far as we know for now, can only be filled by GOD

To Creationists: Read your bible, evolution is not a mantra, but an optimization process which GOD used as well, so it is real but did not start from some accidental tadpole. Infact the only thing GOD sat down to mould is Man, the rest he caused to evolve.

2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Kindly note that the reference to dust is likely a reference to same carbon based material of which other organisms where made. Hence the similarities. But he put in an alien nature as well - different from every other thing we know. Hence our biological similarity to other organisms, yet amazingly outstripping capabilities. Evolution does not exclude GOD!

Gen 1:
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them;male and female he created them.

Evolution is science's answer to man's existence ... never try riding this wild bull next time
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by achorladey: 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
God exist try defined the word 'exist' very well then liken it to the fact that because you had a beginning that is why you think God too will have a beginning. God exist both in positive direction of years and negative direction of years.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by macof(m): 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
GerogeI:

Question for you on evolution, as I agree with your ideas of use and disuse
Who started the initial process, the very first seeding -?
Evolution is an optimization process, you cannot optimise something that does not exist, so who created the very first model or sample, even if it was a tadpole?

Lemme try to understand u better...do u mean how did the first living organism appear?
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by dubemivan(m): 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
jerrymej:
It's a rhetorical question! Doesn't deserve an answer.

Well am here to learn.
Am sorry sir! there is nothing to learn HERE instead you are here to get more headache and trouble into your life trying to learn from Nonsense!
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
xtervaganza:
do those religious billionaires you listed up there follow their religion according to its fake teachings?
mtcheew ... Ive posted my certificate to prove am not a liar---its on front page . Where is your name on the list since you follow the real or your own teachings ...ode

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by Nmeri17: 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

God created life out of nothing through the spoken word . matter existed in its "spiritual form" , but made physical by His Word .Read up Mormon cosmology for further studies , be smart enough and sieve the part you need to understand what I mean though .

Ok since we are now asking questions ... what existed before the big bang that led to its cause ?Oh wait ... Offcourse emotions( to love , to care , to be sad , happy ) , memory (evolution knows you need to remember past deeds), skill , DNA, the skeletal system , the nervous system( the brain ) , male , female the,.. the man has a joystick ,the woman has the vj (because evolution knew the man has a joystick , so it gave a hole to the woman as the vj for sex , same for other animals too ...woow ) ,the sperm , the egg , the baby forms in a womb !!! mosquito , trees , fruits (cos evolution knows you'll eat , right? ) , vegetables (cos evolution knows you need to be healthy ) , legs (cos it knows you need to get your butt up and walk !!!) , evolution gave you a mouth through which you'll eat the fruits that was part of the process and off course to communicate with other evolved beings which turned out to be humans , nose (oh , cos it knows you'd smell and breath) and it randomly chose oxygen ... I get it , trust me ... its all evolution ... some mistake ...I get it bro ... I get it
for this post alone, you deserve more than mere likes!
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by dubemivan(m): 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
@Op... I know in your heart you believed you have just asked an intelligent question... but the truth is that this is the most DUMBEST and FOOLISH question of the Millenium! I advised you go for Spiritual deliverance so that this Devil asking this question through you be bundled and sent packing.
Why not engage your mentality in bringing up innovations or inventions that will iomprove our society, you are here cracking your brain How and WHO created GOD? Tell me how is this suppose to benefit you or others, just an absolute waste of time, energy, resources and mentality! May GOD have mercy on YOU and OTHERS seeking to answer same question.
Re: Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? by lovely17(m): 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
hey op thats a grave sin never ask for God origin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Photo - What A Magnificent Church Building! / Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.