Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,815 members, 7,889,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:53 PM

Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. (1552 Views)

When Does A Turkey Start Laying? / How To Separate Non Laying Birds In A Poultry / Advise Pls! 7birds Laying At 23wks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by davidzfarm18(m): 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
Just Comparing statistics.
pls farmers let us post our actual production for our laying birds here.
1, At what age in weeks did you pick ur first egg.
2. When did you achieve 50 % production.
3. At what age did you achieve peak production and for how long was it sustained.
pls indicate if your birds are on deep litters or in cage.
This will really help a lot of prospective farmers and newbies.
let the comments start rolling in.
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by davidzfarm18(m): 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
The importance of record keeping cannot be over emphasized. someone once said that the difference BTW a worker and an achiever is record keeping.
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by SuaveVic(m): 9:22pm On Mar 01, 2015
Davidzfarms, am a newbie in d poultry biz located in enugu. My birds will be 16 weeks by tuesday and am having challenges in dere housing. I av 500birds and dey seem to be overcrowded in d space I provided 4 dem. Am actually tinking of selling of 200 of den as P.O.L SO as to reducr dere quantity. Any1 interested?
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by davidzfarm18(m): 12:30am On Mar 02, 2015
SuaveVic:
Davidzfarms, am a newbie in d poultry biz located in enugu. My birds will be 16 weeks by tuesday and am having challenges in dere housing. I av 500birds and dey seem to be overcrowded in d space I provided 4 dem. Am actually tinking of selling of 200 of den as P.O.L SO as to reducr dere quantity. Any1 interested?
Sure. you will get smone. overcrowding is not good at all for laying birds.
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by Emmasonic4me: 1:07am On Jun 22, 2015
davidzfarm18:
Just Comparing statistics.
pls farmers let us post our actual production for our laying birds here.
1, At what age in weeks did you pick ur first egg.
2. When did you achieve 50 % production.
3. At what age did you achieve peak production and for how long was it sustained.
pls indicate if your birds are on deep litters or in cage.
This will really help a lot of prospective farmers and newbies.
let the comments start rolling in.

Pls I need your help asap. Have exhausted my maximum pm allowed. Please kindly send me a mail at mgmconsults1@yahoo.com. I need to contact you immediately.
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by acevic: 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hello Davidfarmz,
I am a newbie about to start p
A poultry farm for layers. I would like to know if rearing the birds on deep litters can help achieve good productivity. If yes, how can prepare the pen to avoid breaking of eggs?.
Thank you.
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by davidzfarm18(m): 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
acevic:
Hello Davidfarmz,
I am a newbie about to start p
A poultry farm for layers. I would like to know if rearing the birds on deep litters can help achieve good productivity. If yes, how can prepare the pen to avoid breaking of eggs?.
Thank you.

1: debeak the birds in a professional manner.
2: Do not over stock.
3: Provide good nest box for the to lay.
4: Use feeds rich in calcium.
success

Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by acevic: 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
davidzfarm18:

1: debeak the birds in a professional manner.
2: Do not over stock.
3: Provide good nest box for the to lay.
4: Use feeds rich in calcium.
success

Thank you very much.
Very helpful info. Will keep you posted any development
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by injector4real3: 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
i havd achieve 95 percent for 6months
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by davidzfarm18(m): 8:36am On Aug 18, 2015
injector4real3:
i havd achieve 95 percent for 6months
Good one sir, are they on deep liters or cage.
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by injector4real3: 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
is deep litter
Re: Whats The Highest Production % You've Achieved For Your Laying Birds. by davidzfarm18(m): 4:56am On Aug 19, 2015
injector4real3:
is deep litter
90% production in deep litrs! such a rare feat. can u share ur operational procedure like
-1: how often do you change the litters, vaccinate them, types of drugs used, deworming, anticocidial , feeding time etc.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want Good Supply Of Eggs,chicken, Tomato, Etc? / Shocking :-see What I Saw In Ambrose Alli University (photo) / Buy Basket Of Tomatoes For 13,000 Call Aliufarm On 08062718965

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.