Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,188 members, 7,884,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:28 AM

Youwin Competition: FREE "Marking Scheme" To Evaluate Your Application - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Competition: FREE "Marking Scheme" To Evaluate Your Application (667 Views)

MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian / PPP Scheme To Mass Produce Fish Takes Off In Lagos - Vanguard / FG To Re-evaluate Foreign Exchange Policy – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youwin Competition: FREE "Marking Scheme" To Evaluate Your Application by Dame5: 11:08am On Mar 02, 2015
One very important step to help you get the YouWiN grant is an understanding of their "marking scheme". From the YouWiN newsletters, we have learnt that every YouWiN application is graded based on some specific "marking scheme"; the highest scorers are then selected, taking into account the quota for each geopolitical zone.

There's something that used to happen in secondary schools that I have also come across while helping people evaluate their YouWiN applications before they submit.

You see, in WAEC or NECO, some people write sentimental letters to the examiner to "have mercy on them". The letter usually goes like,

Sir,

I am the first born of my family, and my father is dead. I really need to pass this exam. This is my third time of writing and my mother does not have more money.

Please help me sir. I beg you because of God.

If you don't believe, ask anybody who marks WAEC or NECO. You will shocked to know what different students write to them.

Coming back to YouWiN applications, I had a client who wrote in the space for "additional information", something like this (paraphrasing),

YouWiN is a blessing to Nigeria. Thank you for this opportunity to start my business and employ others. You have provided a solution to the problem of unemployment. I believe God will help you achieve your goals. I wish to be a winner this year so that I can help employ people too. Thank you again.

When I started reviewing this application, I couldn't help laughing at first. Then I called him and explained what that space is meant for. I advised him to use it to build a "business case" - why he is in the best position to receive the award, stating his goal in life, qualifications and experience, team structure and the business opportunity.

I have a FREE "marking scheme" that I have adapted for YouWiN applicants. It is from a donor agency that gives between N7 million and N20 million. You can use it to evaluate your YouWiN application before you submit.

Click the link to download it - http://beyondyouwin.com/eBookrequest
Re: Youwin Competition: FREE "Marking Scheme" To Evaluate Your Application by intergral(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2015
Hmnnnn

(1) (Reply)

5 Startup Lessons From The Buhari Campaign / 11 Words Of Wisdom For All Business Moguls, Apprentices, Entrepreneurs Et Al / Want To Get Good Price Solar Traffic Lights And Solar Street Lights? Look Here..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.