Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,812 members, 7,872,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

Relationship Between AA And SS - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Between AA And SS (40607 Views)

Are AA women really scarce? / She Lied To Me She' AA ....and I'm Caught Up In Sex / Still On Marriage And Genotypes AA/AS/ Ss...why?pls Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
Midehi:

nobody is telling him not to...its jus d consequences we tellin him..so he shud prepare for it
definitely, i totally agree. he must be aware of the consequences and be prepared.
i was just shocked at the docs post spewing dooms of being a sickler not seeing any reason why the should live.
he was so negative saying hes a realist.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
Laredojohn:

.everyone dies both young and old, irrespective of age.
GOOD
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
PS dying from a sickle cell related cause is differ from dying from other unknown or even known causes. Please stop this notion of everybody must die. Because its the same mentality that made my father's friends who are learned and both AS to marry each other . Their's was even better because there's actually hope but alas only one kid out of 4 is free. But noe people are wiser and have stopped playing God
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
britiko:

definitely, i totally agree. he must be aware of the consequences and be prepared.
i was just shocked at the docs post spewing dooms of being a sickler not seeing any reason why the should live.
he was so negative saying hes a realist.
The so called doctor isn't a realist in any way.
A realist should consider the pros and cons of issues and not just advertise the cons.
As a doctor , he didn't say anything optimistic like how to maintain the condition but just doom , doom and doom.
I really hope he doesn't kill his patient before their time, he may not realize it but he really needs to work on how to portray his speech.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
Namzy:
PS dying from a sickle cell related cause is differ from dying from other unknown or even known causes. Please stop this notion of everybody must die. Because its the same mentality that made my father's friends who are learned and both AS to marry each other . Their's was even better because there's actually hope but alas only one kid out of 4 is free. But noe people are wiser and have stopped playing God
doc, this OPS case is to totally different. hes AA, shes SS.
the worst genotype the kids could have is AS.
This is common sense!

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nickymezor(f): 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
Its a dicey one I must say...OP follow your heart tho n pray really hard...
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 5:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
britiko:

doc, this OPS case is to totally different. hes AA, shes SS.
the worst genotype the kids could have is AS.
This is common sense!
You totally did not get me. Please am talking about the decision in question(ie to damn the odds and go ahead to marry despite being AS) . Am looking back since my ist post and can see people completely misunderstood me. Am sorry(second time apologising) but i believe this is a good cop bad cop type thing. Atleast the OP has enough views to make his decision ie if he has not already made it and we r here tearing each other apart. I should have been more subtle. For that am sorry(@sicklers in nairaland and worldwide this time)
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by femmy2010(m): 5:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sickle Cell,Car crash,natural death,voodoo, drowning at sea,plane crash etc something must kill a man in the end. When? no one knows .
My advise is if you very much love her stick to her.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
femmy2010:
Sickle Cell,Car crash,natural death,voodoo, drowning at sea,plane crash etc something must kill a man in the end. When? no one knows .
My advise is if you very much love her stick to her.
God bless you. My point exactly!

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
Namzy:

You totally did not get me. Please am talking about the decision in question(ie to damn the odds and go ahead to marry despite being AS) . Am looking back since my ist post and can see people completely misunderstood me. Am sorry(second time apologising) but i believe this is a good cop bad cop type thing. Atleast the OP has enough views to make his decision ie if he has not already made it and we r here tearing each other apart. I should have been more subtle. For that am sorry(@sicklers in nairaland and worldwide this time)
The OP is AA not AS as I believe you're assuming.
Do you know that?

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by girlyly: 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
From a direct experience. I have a sister who is SS, she had her baby just 3weeks ago, a healthy handsome baby boy. All through her pregnacy, she had no crisis till 2wks before delivery (2days crisis) and was discharged and in 5days doctor recommend 3pants of blood else the uncertainty might happen during childbirth. Her hubby donated and had to buy the rest after 3days she went into labour buh baby grew weak as baby was too big so she under go a CS...., story short, her hubby panicked that I cried for not being around my sister. She's good buh tempered ( tempered cos she wants to feel normal and not looked upon to be weak) honestly she poses much strenght than I do and do things I run away from. She's 25+ this year. I love her and I have watched her suffering all these years. Even after this baby she had, she still in pains do all house chores, cool and take care of her baby cos her mom inlaw wasn't doing what she ought to do. We are peaceful in my family and promote peace.

In your question dear, the only hope they have to be fully happy in marital life falls on AA genes. They are strong ladies and very pretty they mostly appear to be. They never brought themselves to this world and the are good buh naturally tempered as they hate having crisis. Once they don't stress out and eat healthy they can go a year without having crisis. Mind you am advicing from experience. I fear too that she dies buh it's far from it. They want a normal life too. All my sister wants is to be loved. It's about being educated on sickle and having the person take care of herself. I communicate my sister everyday and she's doing really good. She's so strong and very intelligent that's what I love about her. If you truly love this girl, go for her buh not out of pity. They are normal human whose only fault differ is that their gene ain't as strong as ours. She's not infective. Be happy she told you she's a sickler. She's already being sincere. My parents barely know when my sister gets sick as they will panic, she contacts me and we pray over it as she takes care of herself and comes out of her crisis. You guys will be fine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
You hold the key as AA, you don't have to worry about any bodies genotype. AS are known to resist aliment such as malaria more than any genotypem if you love her please to ahead, because you will have very healthy children (stronger immume system than both parents) in the future.
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
Numerouuuno:

The OP is AA not AS as I believe you're assuming.
Do you know that?
I know, am talking about OP decision to go ahead with it. I just gave an example of people who knew the consequences and decided to try their luck. And it turned out bad. Funny enough ve seen AS couple who had all AS kids go figure. So I know the OP qualms is about wife's health and life expectancy and challenges(i know the kids will be fine). Which is a tough decision and i didn't try sugar coating it. Lesson learnt
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by soulfood(m): 5:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
WHERE THE BEST DJS ARE SHOWCASED AND CLIENTS CHOOSE MOST SUITABLE FOR EVENTS.

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 5:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
girlyly:
From a direct experience. I have a sister who is SS, she had her baby just 3weeks ago, a healthy handsome baby boy. All through her pregnacy, she had no crisis till 2wks before delivery (2days crisis) and was discharged and in 5days doctor recommend 3pants of blood else the uncertainty might happen during childbirth. Her hubby donated and had to buy the rest after 3days she went into labour buh baby grew weak as baby was too big so she under go a CS...., story short, her hubby panicked that I cried for not being around my sister. She's good buh tempered ( tempered cos she wants to feel normal and not looked upon to be weak) honestly she poses much strenght than I do and do things I run away from. She's 25+ this year. I love her and I have watched her suffering all these years. Even after this baby she had, she still in pains do all house chores, cool and take care of her baby cos her mom inlaw wasn't doing what she ought to do. We are peaceful in my family and promote peace.

In your question dear, the only hope they have to be fully happy in marital life falls on AA genes. They are strong ladies and very pretty they mostly appear to be. They never brought themselves to this world and the are good buh naturally tempered as they hate having crisis. Once they don't stress out and eat healthy they can go a year without having crisis. Mind you am advicing from experience. I fear too that she dies buh it's far from it. They want a normal life too. All my sister wants is to be loved. It's about being educated on sickle and having the person take care of herself. I communicate my sister everyday and she's doing really good. She's so strong and very intelligent that's what I love about her. If you truly love this girl, go for her buh not out of pity. They are normal human whose only fault differ is that their gene ain't as strong as ours. She's not infective. Be happy she told you she's a sickler. She's already being sincere. My parents barely know when my sister gets sick as they will panic, she contacts me and we pray over it as she takes care of herself and comes out of her crisis. You guys will be fine.

nice! congrats to your sister. May she live to see her grand children IJN.
this is it. true life experience.
what people lack in the Nigerian community is information. the fear of the disease has eaten so deep into their hearts and what most pple do is avoid the carriers like a plague.
information is soo cheap but pple dont get it enough.
less level of stress, eat well veggies, fruits,lots of fluids, (water), use folic acid and they would be good.
im looking forward to that time when sicklers wont die again cos they can manage their health conditions properly.
shout out to all sicklers out there. i love them cos they are exceptionally brilliant. we cant blame God, no human being is perfect
not even d AA's . With God, prayers and taking good care of urselves you will overcome!!!
shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 5:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
girlyly:

Help me tell your sister and her baby that they are blessed and I wish them long life.
Namzy, you were saying that I am taking based on hearsay, this is a real experience here.
Sickle cell can be managed with the right information at hand.
OP, its your decision to make.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2015
britiko:

nice! congrats to your sister. May she live to see her grand children IJN.
this is it. true life experience.
what people lack in the Nigerian community is information. the fear of the disease has eaten so deep into their hearts and what most pple do is avoid the carriers like a plague.
information is soo cheap but pple dont get it enough.
less level of stress, eat well veggies, fruits,lots of fluids, (water), use folic acid and they would be good.
im looking forward to that time when sicklers wont die again cos they can manage their health conditions properly.
shout out to all sicklers out there. i love them cos they are exceptionally brilliant. we cant blame God, no human being is perfect
not even d AA's . With God, prayers and taking good care of urselves you will overcome!!!
shalom.
And if you don't overcome? Sorry just had to point it out since your so called life experience was based on some comments. Dont believe me? Open up a thread on nairaland.com for people with relations and friends with heart retching stories about sickle cell disease and eventual deaths and you'd will know the struggle is real even in so called america or you think they randomly come out with life expectancy figures. But like i said i know its comforting to be hopeful. Just like our nigerian pastors have mastered telling you what you want to hear and never tell you your prayers might be delayed
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by RazziP(m): 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
they have said it all
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by photographer: 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2015
@op I want to believe you went to school, secondly I want to believe you are grownup too? the truth is Nl is the last place you bring such issues for advice. but since you are here already let me put mouth.

ask her how her health issues is,how serious? then make up your mind from what she tells you truth is that SS carriers are warrior's that fight health battles that you cant. Am 25 and have had crisis only 4 times my whole life. am a survivor dont be deprived of the best thing that can happen to you go for her and you know what? since she lives each day at a time she will love you more than any other woman would. you are AA doesnt mean you cant be hit by a car and die people will always die from one course or the other it might be an ailment or unforseen means anyway round we shall all die someday.

peace.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
Namzy:

And if you don't overcome? Sorry just had to point it out since your so called life experience was based on some comments. Dont believe me? Open up a thread on nairaland.com for people with relations and friends with heart retching stories about sickle cell disease and eventual deaths and you'd will know the struggle is real even in so called america or you think they randomly come out with life expectancy figures. But like i said i know its comforting to be hopeful. Just like our some nigerian pastors have mastered telling you what you want to hear

im ashamed you are a doctor. the comment was from someone whose sis is an SS. i also wrote about my best friend thats an SS. why cant you

see the bright sides of things? I repeat, they shall overcome with God, prayers and taking good care of themselves.

every man born on earth shall die some day, young, old, man or woman.

life expectancy or not!
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by SisiNini(f): 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
This SS genotype thing will not be as terrible as people claim if it's properly managed... One of my boss' is an SS and u can hardly notice... He lives his life like any other person; he doesn't fall sick... He actually did blood transfusion...

Also, my best friend in secondary school is an SS... She's very playful; she is fatter and looks healthier than me... (Although her crisis is nothing to behold)... She got pregnant and gave birth @ age 16 (normal delivery) and she's still very strong now... She's now 26 years old... She does not joke with her drugs...

AA marrying SS is the only solution to eradicate the sickle-cell menace in our society...

Pls can anyone enlighten me on the SC genotype... Thanks...
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
photographer:
@op I want to believe you went to school, secondly I want to believe you are grownup too? the truth is Nl is the last place you bring such issues for advice. but since you are here already let me put mouth.

ask her how her health issues is,how serious? then make up your mind from what she tells you truth is that SS carriers are warrior's that fight health battles that you cant. Am 25 and have had crisis only 4 times my whole life. am a survivor dont be deprived of the best thing that can happen to you go for her and you know what? since she lives each day at a time she will love you more than any other woman would. you are AA doesnt mean you cant be hit by a car and die people will always die from one course or the other it might be an ailment or unforseen means anyway round we shall all die someday.

peace.
shallom. well said! God will continue to sustain you. you will live to fulfill your purpose on earth. IJN amen
doc namzy , true life experience.
OP, follow your heart, we wont be there when she has crisis. But you know what,? life itself is full of Ups and Downs,
May God lead you right...
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 6:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
photographer:
peace.
God will keep you for many more years.
Good luck survivor....
Life itself is a war front, we fight our way through everyday.
Keep fighting boss.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by eagleeyez: 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
richol:
pray to GOD....cos ive seen cases that the aa marrying ss nd all the children are ss

Impossible! They will be as and never ss, please!!
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Numerouuuno: 6:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
SisiNini:
This SS genotype thing will not be as terrible as people claim if it's properly managed... One of my boss' is an SS and u can hardly notice... He lives his life like any other person; he doesn't fall sick... He actually did blood transfusion...

Also, my best friend in secondary school is an SS... She's very playful; she is fatter and looks healthier than me... (Although her crisis is nothing to behold)... She got pregnant and gave birth @ age 16 (normal delivery) and she's still very strong now... She's now 26 years old... She does not joke with her drugs...

AA marrying SS is the only solution to eradicate the sickle-cell menace in our society...

Pls can anyone enlighten me on the SC genotype... Thanks...
Namzy will probably say you are talking on hearsay.
The fact is people are surviving it and would keep surviving it.
I don't know much about SC, its not as common as SS
Here, read it up, www dot en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemoglobin_C
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Namzy(m): 6:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hmmm people might now know me as the doom doc. Bummer. Well hope this thread won't be revisted in the nearest future. In twister's voice lets be hopeful
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by britiko: 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
OP, if you decide to go ahead with the lady
please, do not hestitate to register her with a good gynecologist immediately she gets pregnant.
A renowned one in Lagos is DR Abosede Afolabi of PAELON MEMORIAL CLINIC.
Shes a specialized gynecologist for siclke cell patients, she was trained abroad.
(she was on CNN africa some time ago.)

And if you are boxed up , when its time for delivery , your wife could go to Grady Health systems in Atlanta Georgia
they are affiliated with Emory Hospital. They have a sickle cell clinic there and her pregnancy will be well managed.With God, prayers and taking care of herself judiciously she will overcome.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
OP, na must say una go born pikin? Nairalanders still archaic since 1947 BC

1 Like

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Lanretijani(m): 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
U HAVE PROBABILITY FOR ALL CHILD AS. BECAUSE U FAMILY ARE AA AN U THING CAN CONTINUE .AS IS GOOD . AA+AS= AS. AS.AS
AS+AS=AA. AS.SS. AA+AA= AA . AA AA.MY GUY U FREE TO MARRIAGE
Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by VickyRotex(f): 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
flyingdutchman:
What is love? Is love a beautiful thing? Does love make you smile? Is love warm and affectionate? If everyone runs away from an SS person, who will the SS patient marry? Is it a mistake that she came into this world? Doesn't she have a destiny?

Real men can turn this world inside out for the one they love. I'm one of those men. Join me

Wish Nairaland had the * thumbs up* emoticon, would have sent you 100's of it...

Thumbs Up!!!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Between AA And SS by Amhappy(f): 6:45pm On Mar 02, 2015
My girl in secondary school is SS. She is married now with a kid. She is also very healthy. I remember people used to ask who will marry her when we are younger. Oooh A brave man did. So OP if you are brave enough go ahead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Padlocks Girlfriend's Pant To Prevent Her From Cheating (photos) / Martin Aliker: Girl Rejected Me As I Couldn't Buy Her Beer, Now I Own A Brewery / If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.