Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,229 members, 7,887,620 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:33 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (902820 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
No. I didnt

dere5:

After buying the plan for $29,do you still need to load money on the phone again in order for you to call 9ja?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 8:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
I went to their office with my phone . Just basically told them the plan I want and they did all the setup
woaini:

So is it something I can get online? And how do you recharge? I am in central Texas. Georgetown
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
dere5:

After buying the plan for $29,do you still need to load money on the phone again in order for you to call 9ja?
No. You have like 5 hours of call to Nigeria and unlimited message
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gracydee(f): 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
Girlmummy:

Where in Denver are you?
am in denver county. not too far from aurora. which part of the state are you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 1:19am On Apr 29, 2015
modath:

Keystone and access bank.

UBA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 6:20am On Apr 29, 2015
bambini:
I v made a last minute decision to go wit my mum, how can i book an expediate interview for her? wld i need to pay extra?

No extra fee required. Follow the steps on their website.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Riz2015: 6:23am On Apr 29, 2015
Just to share my story, I have left usa on 16th of April and travelled back on 20th of April, I have informed CBP due to my wife's pregnancy she can't travel back and she has 6 months entry she can get medical treatment as long as I am paying for it.

They have sent me to a room officer called my name and started shouting at me saying I know f.....g game this and that I told him I have emailed you guys he didn't wanna hear noting they have held me at Houston airport for 27 hours. Been shouted and humiliated and I'm the end they have sent me back so be careful guys. the reason I am sharing my story because I am devastated, I was just honest with them and what I got for been honest.CBP officer said its illegal to have baby in USA he was obviously lying one after another I was treated like an criminal at Houston Airport and in the end sent back.May god bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 29, 2015
Riz2015:
Just to share my story, I have left usa on 16th of April and travelled back on 20th of April, I have informed CBP due to my wife's pregnancy she can't travel back and she has 6 months entry she can get medical treatment as long as I am paying for it.

They have sent me to a room officer called my name and started shouting at me saying I know f.....g game this and that I told him I have emailed you guys he didn't wanna hear noting they have held me at Houston airport for 27 hours. Been shouted and humiliated and I'm the end they have sent me back so be careful guys. the reason I am sharing my story because I am devastated, I was just honest with them and what I got for been honest.CBP officer said its illegal to have baby in USA he was obviously lying one after another I was treated like an criminal at Houston Airport and in the end sent back.May god bless you all.

So sorry for your ordeal. That was awful.
Were you pregnant during your visa interview? If yes, what did you tell the VO was your purpose of going to the States?
Did you travel with enough cash and did you make proper hospital arrangements?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2015
Riz2015:

Wow!Sorry about your ordeal.Pls I want to know,was your wife already in the U.S before you notified them of her giving birth there or before you left Nigeria?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Girlmummy: 8:53am On Apr 29, 2015
Gracydee:

am in denver county. not too far from aurora. which part of the state are you?

Not yet there though.....heading to Greeley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 9:13am On Apr 29, 2015
Riz2015:

Oh dear!! so sorry about your experience....since your wife is already in the US there is no course for alarm, be with her in the spirit and support her as much as possible bla bla bla.....God's favour and smooth delivery for her by His grace.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 9:51am On Apr 29, 2015
woaini:
Hi all. Please I need help urgently. For those of you already in the US (maybe Texas precisely) or mamas and papas that have come and gone back, please how did you go about making calls and all?
I have searched and found where some network providers where mentioned but the info was not detailed
Pls can someone give a detailed answer to this?
What phone plans can one use here to make local and international calls and data if possible?
The phone plan, is it a package that works with ones network or you get the sim?
Which ever it is, how can one go bout getting it?
U can try ultramobile,dy hv different packages wt cheap calls to naija,unlimited data and free local calls,I ordered d sim on Amazon for my mum,its been superb.I use lyca mobile,but dy don't do hotspots,and I've had issues wt recharging.. Just google and see which u prefer but I recommend Ultra
Pls help

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2015
Riz2015:

reading your past post you were expressly told that there is black and white rule that prevents you from traveling back on ESTA, you should have listened to the email. Anyways sorry about your experience, like others have said at least your wife is there.

Safe delivery to her and you take it easy ok?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2015
Phema:

So sorry for your ordeal. That was awful.
Were you pregnant during your visa interview? If yes, what did you tell the VO was your purpose of going to the States?
Did you travel with enough cash and did you make proper hospital arrangements?

My dear if you read this guys posts on this thread you already have the answers to this question (I just did). So many up's and down's with their entry and stay in the US. Its obvious why he was treated this way. People need to be careful, do the right thing to avoid such an odeal. Its so sad people jump into doing things without reading this thread carefully, learning and doing the right thing. IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS THREAD MY ADVISE READ FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION, YOU WILL SURELY MAKE YOUR PROMISE LAND grin

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 10:15am On Apr 29, 2015
favoredgal:

reading your past post you were expressly told that there is black and white rule that prevents you from traveling back on ESTA, you should have listened to the email. Anyways sorry about your experience, like others have said at least your wife is there.

Exactly!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 10:31am On Apr 29, 2015
Dear friends,

Join me in praising the Almighty God!!! My visa was approved this morning. The issue of my hubby's green card didn't come up at all. I made sure I was interviewed by a man. Kept dodging in the queue till a guy was free. Didn't want to deal with all those frowning women I saw there. I will post the interview transcript once I settle down in the office. I am still overwhelmed with joy cheesy grin

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 29, 2015
Newmum0615:
Dear friends,

Join me in praising the Almighty God!!! My visa was approved this morning. The issue of my hubby's green card didn't come up at all. I made sure I was interviewed by a man. Kept dodging in the queue till a guy was free. Didn't want to deal with all those frowning women I saw there. I will post the interview transcript once I settle down in the office. I am still overwhelmed with joy cheesy grin

Nice one!!!! Congrats! cool

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 10:44am On Apr 29, 2015
Newmum0615:
Dear friends,

Congrats dear..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 29, 2015
DeeandGLady:

My dear if you read this guys posts on this thread you already have the answers to this question (I just did). So many up's and down's with their entry and stay in the US. Its obvious why he was treated this way. People need to be careful, do the right thing to avoid such an odeal. Its so sad people jump into doing things without reading this thread carefully, learning and doing the right thing. IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS THREAD MY ADVISE READ FROM GENESIS TO REVELATION, YOU WILL SURELY MAKE YOUR PROMISE LAND grin

Oh, plenty comma dey the tori? Didn't know.
Just read that his wife is there already, so nothing spoil.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by treausre1: 10:52am On Apr 29, 2015
favoredgal:

This is really hurtful but its there no way you can fight it out since you have payment proof? I mean maybe follow up on their embassy in Naija
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 10:53am On Apr 29, 2015
Newmum0615:
Dear friends,

Congrats dear, Happy for you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2015
Feel so sad for this guy, he only wanted to be honest.
I think the problem wasn't only having his wife in US for childbirth, they had spent a lot of time already while in US already.

Now, he returned after 4 days out of the country, apparently, he needs to prove that he doesn't live in US on a visitor's visa.
That's the F**king game foreigners play and it pisses them off.
They go to US, get stamped in for 6mths, live and work and jolificate, then return to your home country a day b4 visa expires, stay one week and come back again to get stamped in for another 6mths, and they cycle continues for the duration of the 2 years visa.

So in addition to the very annoying fact that foreigners come to give birth in US, the CBP assumed you intend to still play that game. Double infuriating if you ask me. If he wasn't so pissed off, he should have given you 2 months to stay and take care of your wife and take her home... but hey, that is Houston Airport, Capital of overzealous POEs

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 11:35am On Apr 29, 2015
Newmum0615:
Dear friends,

Now that is some good news....Happy for you. congrats once again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 11:43am On Apr 29, 2015
Newmum0615:
Dear friends,

Congrats,i must confess,i was a not convinced of your chances,but "God Win" Congrats and all the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by USABirth: 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
**USABirth has chosen to delete this post at moderator's request**

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slanliz007(f): 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yeah, and someone was asking why people are avoiding houston poe. So this is one of the reason. Hosuton POE is for the strong hearted if you ask me.

nefertitiram:
Feel so sad for this guy, he only wanted to be honest.
I think the problem wasn't only having his wife in US for childbirth, they had spent a lot of time already while in US already.

Now, he returned after 4 days out of the country, apparently, he needs to prove that he doesn't live in US on a visitor's visa.
That's the F**king game foreigners play and it pisses them off.
They go to US, get stamped in for 6mths, live and work and jolificate, then return to your home country a day b4 visa expires, stay one week and come back again to get stamped in for another 6mths, and they cycle continues for the duration of the 2 years visa.

So in addition to the very annoying fact that foreigners come to give birth in US, the CBP assumed you intend to still play that game. Double infuriating if you ask me. If he wasn't so pissed off, he should have given you 2 months to stay and take care of your wife and take her home... but hey, that is Houston Airport, Capital of overzealous POEs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
Riz2015:

So sorry about what you had to go through. I have also gone through your previous post and i cant find anything you did wrong by returning to the uk.You sent CBP a mail that you would need to go back to the uk to sort out some issues and return back a couple of days later and you posted this as their reply " However, ESTA does not guarantee entry. You can be denied entry with an approved ESTA because it is up to the officer at the border to determine admissibility. According to U.S. Immigration Law, every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until they establish to the satisfaction of the CBP Officer, at the time of application for admission, that they are entitled to a nonimmigrant status. Therefore, the key is that the applicant always bears the burden of proof of admissibility that he/she is not trying to live in the U.S."
Which is the case with every visa holder trying to enter the Us, that the fact you have a visa does not mean automatic enry,the final entry approval rest with CBP?
Take heart bro and thank God that at least your wife is there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
VISA INTERVIEW WAS GREAT!!!! LASTED LIKE 10 MINS

I walked in and the VO asked me my reason of travel, i told her plainly i want to have my baby in the USA.

VO: What city are you going to?

ME: Houston

VO: Do you have any doctors letter>?

ME: Yes and i show her and include receipts of part payment for both hospital and doctors fees.

VO: Where do you work? can i see your statement of account?

ME: I hand them over and offer to show her my letter of consent and pay slips

VO: I don't need to see any other documents. pick up your passport on ...make sure you collect a zero balance letter from your hospital for renewal of your visa.

end of interview.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Girlmummy: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2015
SAkale:
VISA INTERVIEW WAS GREAT!!!! LASTED LIKE 10 MINS

I walked in and the VO asked me my reason of travel, i told her plainly i want to have my baby in the USA.

VO: What city are you going to?

ME: Houston

VO: Do you have any doctors letter>?

ME: Yes and i show her and include receipts of part payment for both hospital and doctors fees.

VO: Where do you work? can i see your statement of account?

ME: I hand them over and offer to show her my letter of consent and pay slips

VO: I don't need to see any other documents. pick up your passport on ...make sure you collect a zero balance letter from your hospital for renewal of your visa.

end of interview.

Awesome....Congrats

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
Newmum0615:
Dear friends,

Yay! Congrats!
All the sense on this thread eh! Lol @dodging! Someone had told me once that the man is more sensible than the women there

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
dere5:

So sorry about what you had to go through. I have also gone through your previous post and i cant find anything you did wrong by returning to the uk.You sent CBP a mail that you would need to go back to the uk to sort out some issues and return back a couple of days later and you posted this as their reply " However, ESTA does not guarantee entry. You can be denied entry with an approved ESTA because it is up to the officer at the border to determine admissibility. According to U.S. Immigration Law, every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until they establish to the satisfaction of the CBP Officer, at the time of application for admission, that they are entitled to a nonimmigrant status. Therefore, the key is that the applicant always bears the burden of proof of admissibility that he/she is not trying to live in the U.S."
Which is the case with every visa holder trying to enter the Us, that the fact you have a visa does not mean automatic enry,the final entry approval rest with CBP?
Take heart bro and thank God that at least your wife is there.

you left out the last sentence
According to there email there is black and white rule which prevents me to travel back

thing about ESTA is its a visa waiver valid for 90 days at a time over a 2 year period. if you are going to be going in and out frequently, you are always advised to get a proper visa.

Anyways, the most important thing is for those going from visa waiver countries to learn from this, plan your trip within 3 months / 90 days to avoid overstaying your ESTA or having to leave and come back in
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Newmum0615:
Dear friends,

Heyaa. How sweet after all the fears. Praise God!

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (333)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.