Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,083 members, 7,963,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 01:19 PM

This Is What Our Schools Have Made Us. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is What Our Schools Have Made Us. (480 Views)

Yabatechn Vs Nekede Which Of Dis Schools Have D Best Acadamic Standard. / Students Accepted To All 8 Ivy League Schools Have One Thing In Common / Let's Name Our Schools And Meet Our School Mates Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Our Schools Have Made Us. by dwilliams: 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
A friend sent this pics to me and he asked me what I taught about it, my reply was"this is what we are being encouraged to unconsciously" I am a pen ultimate student of Agriculture andi would like to give an example- if my lecturers were to be asked they would say we have been taught machineries lyk tractors e.t.c but the question I want 2 ask is, Do you learn how to drive,operate and repair a tractor in one hour lecture in the classroom not even in the field? To my esteemed forumite I would love to hear your opinions on this picture.

Re: This Is What Our Schools Have Made Us. by hahn(m): 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
Very true. However, you need to understand the difference btw schooling and getting an education. Schooling is what you've just represented while getting an education is applying your knowledge from "schooling" or your environment in order to improve yourself thus making you a positive addition to your society.

How many "graduates" can boast of ever reading a book or acquiring a new skill after they graduate. A lot of them can't even write an essay or compose a simple sentence in Engligh without attempting murder on the innocent language.

Blame it on society and parents as well as self

(1) (Reply)

Don't Rely On Jamb Alone / Get Jamb Waec Neco Nabteb Answers For Free / Big Data Tutorials For Beginners | Hadoop Map Reduce | Big Data Video Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.