Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,925 members, 7,942,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:27 AM

16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established (2704 Views)

Aisha Buhari Spa Was Established 3 Months After Buhari Assumed PTF Chair(pics) / Igbo APC Lagos Rally. PICTURES... / Read APC Lagos State Gubernatorial Candidate Akinwunmi Ambodes Manifesto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
There are more clubs than libraries in Lagos ...Fact that should make us feel sad about our generation

Here are some interesting statistics
*Number of public libraries in Lagos: 11
*Number of books in the libraries: 168, 812 volumes of books
*Number of readers at the libraries in 2012: 177, 573
*Volumes of books read in 2012: 138, 721
*Number of new registered members in 2012: 698
*9 of the 11 libraries were built during the Jakande administration. 2 of the 11 libraries were established during the Col. Marwa administration.

* 16 Years of APC leadership, No library was established
*In the next 20years we will see more upcoming wizkid than upcoming Einstein or Prof Soludo
*The country will be a problem creator instead of a problem solver

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by ozoigbondu: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Capital of owambenism

3 Likes

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by fromnigeria(m): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
This is indeed a disturbing trend.
I knew long ago our reading cum education has yakata, unlike those day till now when i read until i have read.

Too bad. May God help us to know we need to Change things for a better tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 10:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
Big Amen,
fromnigeria:
This is indeed a disturbing trend.
I knew long ago our reading cum education has yakata, unlike those day till now when i read until i have read.

Too bad. May God help us to know we need to Change things for a better tomorrow.
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
Ask d apc government!
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by oduastates: 10:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
What are you looking for in a library that you can not find online.
Libraries ( apart from state or those based in schools ) are so 19th century.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
Ambience
oduastates:
What are you looking for in a library that you can not find online.
Libraries ( apart from state or those based in schools ) are so 19th century.
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by tobechi74: 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
Yorubas are smart with or without libraries

1 Like

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
But have you read in any of these public libraries before?

It's in no way a measure of how people read as most don't wven use them. People still pass waec in Lagos very well na

BALLERON:
There are more clubs than libraries in Lagos ...Fact that should make us feel sad about our generation

*9 of the 11 libraries were built during the Jakande administration. 2 of the 11 libraries were established during the Col. Marwa administration.

*In the next 20years we will see more upcoming wizkid than upcoming Einstein or Prof Soludo
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
We are in a wicked society where youths are subtly led astray.

Endtime things
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 12:04am On Mar 04, 2015
True
AwesomelyMade:
We are in a wicked society where youths are subtly led astray.

Endtime things
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by Beedude(m): 12:33am On Mar 04, 2015
Clubs are own by individuals and not APC. And even if we av hundreds of libraries in lag, majority prefers clubbing dan reading... Moreover why shuld I sit in a public library when I can always read online or get relevant materials online.. Internet has really reduced the rate at which ppl visit library.
Don't be an Anti-Apc. Check other states and compare. Its a general disease

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 04, 2015
After all the reading and Education,where are the Jobs for Graduates?

Please jst keep uiet if you don't have anything to say,its not by force tto create a thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 12:44am On Mar 04, 2015
Library is not only a store house for books, there are many other reasons to visit a library, ask first class students and other people who have vast knowledge
Beedude:
Clubs are own by individuals and not APC. And even if we av hundreds of libraries in lag, majority prefers clubbing dan reading... Moreover why shuld I sit in a public library when I can always read online or get relevant materials online.. Internet has really reduced the rate at which ppl visit library.
Don't be an Anti-Apc. Check other states and compare. Its a general disease
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by bogzyboy(m): 12:52am On Mar 04, 2015
BALLERON:

3 Likes

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by LoveDecay(m): 1:07am On Mar 04, 2015
Where in the world are there more libraries than clubs with the exception of KSA and Iran and the likes. This OP stupid gan.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by bokohalal(m): 1:49am On Mar 04, 2015
There are more restaurants than libraries in Lagos...... Fact
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 5:38am On Mar 04, 2015
[quote author=bogzyboy post=31279487][/quote] E-Learning Center, Odunlami Street, Lagos Island (former Central Library), its was established in 1946, its the oldest public library in lagos, established before fashola was born
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 5:45am On Mar 04, 2015
LoveDecay:
Where in the world are there more libraries than clubs with the exception of KSA and Iran and the likes. This OP stupid gan.
you have answered the question yourself, please note, there are more libraries than mac Donald in the USA, the motive of the Op is to call awareness to the low number of libraries in lagos. The population of those who can read and write is large in lagos, there should be more libraries
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by Beedude(m): 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
BALLERON:
Library is not only a store house for books, there are many other reasons to visit a library, ask first class students and other people who have vast knowledge
Get ursef a research topic den study how much ppl visit cinemas and other flexing zones than libraries .. Its not something good and am not encouraging it, buh we av to be sincere withourselves. The habit of reading has long diminished in people of this generation(u can also argue this) an average Nigerian wake up to start thinking of what to eat and how to meet end means... Even a scholar in ur area dat attained the level of Msc still find it hard to show for it (financially). You can't be hungry and start thinking of reading. Most Nigerians prefer to be rich and wealthy than to be a graduate with first class and be loitering around hawking for jobs.. So many hinderances .. Its all over Nigeria don't point at APC
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by Beedude(m): 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Please jst keep uiet if you don't have anything to say,its not by force tto create a thread.
I tot I was the only one thinking this
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 5:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
Beedude:

I tot I was the only one thinking this
Everything you need for better future and success has already been written. And guess what? All you have to do is go to the library.

–Henri Frederic Amiel
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Everything you need for better future and success has already been written. And guess what? All you have to do is go to the library.

–Henri Frederic Amiel
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by omonnakoda: 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
There are more clubs than libraries in virtually ALL CITIES where you will find libraries
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by BALLERON(m): 5:15am On Mar 05, 2015
omonnakoda:
There are more clubs than libraries in virtually ALL CITIES where you will find libraries
the issue is we need more libraries. The importance of library is numerous
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by JohnEazy(m): 6:29am On Mar 05, 2015
come to akwaibom and enjoy the e library
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by omonnakoda: 8:34am On Mar 05, 2015
BALLERON:
the issue is we need more libraries. The importance of library is numerous
I note you have changed the title of your thread.If you had started with this I would not have bothered to respond. The number of libraries has nowt to do with the number of nightclubs,Did APC open any nightclubs?
It is dishonest to start with one argument and then change the topic later.

1 Like

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by bokohalal(m): 8:57am On Mar 05, 2015
omonnakoda:
I note you have changed the title of your thread.If you had started with this I would not have bothered to respond. The number of libraries has nowt to do with the number of nightclubs,Did APC open any nightclubs?
It is dishonest to start with one argument and then change the topic later.
I noticed it too.
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by kennydee05(m): 9:02am On Mar 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Ask d apc government!
Ask PDP government how many library they have built?
This isn't about party it is a collective responsibility by the government of the nation to encourage reading culture and preservation our intellectual and cultural heritage, so which way?
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by change9ja(f): 9:03am On Mar 05, 2015
i hate lies. op do u.even stay in lagos .
wht happen.to elibrary at lagos.island
library at bishop aggey, mushin
wait for more.

1 Like

Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by kennydee05(m): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2015
JohnEazy:
come to akwaibom and enjoy the e library
Go to Lagos Island to check on their e-library
Re: 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established by Seamareggae(m): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2015
Atleast i know a public library that was completed last 2 years in MUSHIN, lagos around ilasa... People jus talk without information...
That's the reason GEJ will scream youth is the future of these country but won't appoint any youth for any ministerial or delicate position in the country...
God will save us in this country...

Sai BUHARI.... My vote goes to U cos of ur integrity...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari's Letter To Obama Stating His Stand On Homo (pic) / Osun School Uniform Crisis: Religious Battle Enters Physical, Spiritual Realm / Atiku Abubakar Tours Adamawa State Bags Wazirin Adamawa Title.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.