Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,309 members, 7,900,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:20 PM

Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? (5562 Views)

Top 5 Things The Samsung Galaxy S8 Can Do That The Iphone Can’t / Factory That Made The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 batteries Catches Fire / Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 05, 2015
abatically:

It doesn't matter how each platform gets it job done, what matters is getting the job done. On a mobile phone, u can't use 2 apps together, one has to be in the background while u run one. Apple apps pause while u switch, and then resumes when u go back to the apps. For me i see nothing wrong with that as it gets the job done and efficient, uses less power and reduces lag. And I don't get what u mean by apps updating in the background. Do u wanna tell me when I'm updating my ios software I can't do other things? Of course i can do other things. I can be watching a movie while my facebook and other apps update, so I don't see any shortcomings here.

Android on the other hand has apps running in the background constantly, but it is never like PC. Are u telling me if I'm playing a game and i get a message, are u telling me the game will start playing in the background while I do other things? The answer is NO. The game will pause and when i go back it continues, this is the same thing it does on IOS so I don't see any sense in these background apps that keep sucking battery on android, it doesn't make sense and I think the OS is not just perfect yet.

Unless u can tell me the MAIN ADVANTAGE of apps running in the background which IOS isn't capable of doing, then I think its a fallacy saying Android is better just because they have apps running in background. This is just like someone going to write an exam, what he really needs is just a pen and paper, but he goes with 10 packs of pen and a whole box of papers... something that is not needed.

you have said it all the only apps that needs background runnings are Messengers ,Mail box and weather and i dont think all those consume much battery

its all comes down to OS optimization....A window phone with 1900amh batter can have a music playback of over 30hrs .....i think while android OS is trying to work on it OS consumption tthe likes of IOS abd WP has got that right
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2015
Note: Nigeria networks are really bad in testing battery Life
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by abatically(m): 12:11pm On Mar 05, 2015
kallmemrB:

you have said it all the only apps that needs background runnings are Messengers ,Mail box and weather and i dont think all those consume much battery

its all comes down to OS optimization....A window phone with 1900amh batter can have a music playback of over 30hrs .....i think while android OS is trying to work on it OS consumption tthe likes of IOS abd WP has got that right

True. I love android, but I know it is not perfect. Some people just use real multitasking as excuse when it is obvious there is really no such thing as real multitasking on a mobile phone, instead in trying to do so it is having a great effect on battery life and general user experience with no result.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by Icudkill: 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
ejiro2130:
Op am guessing you don't kw much about apple fones, the s6 is better but not because of what you wrote.

Apple products don't care much about ram size for example my Samsung note 10.1 has 3gig ram but ipad air with 1gig ram is more stable

Nothing in the world of processor beats apple A8 it's a holy grail for processors and why can't u compare them just use benchmark apps

Apple camera was poor but Samsung screen is only better because apple came out last year

Nothing kills apple, It has a loyal fan Base that even Jesus christ will be proud of!!

U guys will just go online and read something from a blog.. Come here state it as a fact
Who d fvck told you that the iPad air is more stable than note 10.1
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by Icudkill: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
abatically:
I won't say the s6 wins in terms of RAM. Yes it's got more ram but it all boils down to optimization and user experience. 1 ram on the iPhone is more than capable because the software doesn't require too many rams. I have 3gb of ram on my lg g3 and its not as smooth as iPhone 6. Also we have seen the galaxy note 4 stutter even though it has 3gb of ram. So RAM depends on software optimization so it is not a win for galaxy s6 here.

Also in terms of camera, how many times have we seen that more megapixel doesn't mean better pictures. The iPhone 6 camera beats lots of 20mp camera phones out there. It takes better pictures than galaxy s5 13mp camera and beats the note 4 camera as well. IPhone 6 is top there in mobile phones with best camera even though it is 8mp. More megapixels doesn't mean an automatic win for Samsung, we have to wait and see what it cab actually do. But my point is more megapixels doesn't mean better pictures.

The note 4 stutter...
Do you have a note four.
U have no idea what ure saying
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by abatically(m): 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2015
Icudkill:

U guys will just go online and read something from a blog.. Come here state it as a fact

Everybody knows the iPad is a better tablet than any android tablet out there in terms of user experience, ease of use and smoothness. But in terms of functionality the note 10.1 wins and in terms of ability to do real work, give it to the surface pro 3.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by ejiro2130(m): 1:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
Icudkill:

ipad air not just ipad and I use note 10.1 2014 edition so nobody has to tell me

Cool now??
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by Icudkill: 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
ejiro2130:

ipad air not just ipad and I use note 10.1 2014 edition so nobody has to tell me

Cool now??

I've also used the note 10.1
And I never saw any lag or lack of smoothness
Yeah. Am cool
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
tdayof:
how much is the s5?

Cc:amefrica abeg convert am to naira nioo undecided

When I got my own then, it was somewhere around #140-150k. Don't know how much it is now tho.
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by eeemily: 4:29am On Mar 06, 2015
Amefrica:

When I got my own then, it was somewhere around #140-150k. Don't know how much it is now tho.
140k-150k What about USD ??
Re: Is The Samsung Galaxy S6 A True Iphone 6 Killer? by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 06, 2015
eeemily:

140k-150k What about USD ??

Around $961

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Didn’t Know Your ATM Card Can Do, Check Them Out / 6 DANGEROUS Android Apps You Need To Uninstall Right Now! Number 1'll Shock You / Will BBM For Android & IOS Be The Final End Of Blackberry In Nigeria??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.