Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,891 members, 7,942,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 02:59 AM

Nigerians Will Ask Questions If I Change Jega Now – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Ask Questions If I Change Jega Now – Jonathan (652 Views)

It’s Risky To Talk About Nigeria Now - Jonathan / Sack Jega Now, The Head Of The Odua Peoples Congress Gani Adams Tells Jonathan / Sack Jega Now, Gani Adams Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Will Ask Questions If I Change Jega Now – Jonathan by Dotun9: 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has come out clean and cleared the air regarding the future of the Independent National Electoral Commission Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega by stating he won’t be sacked ahead of the March 28 and April 11 elections.

It will be recalled that the polity was awashed with the news that the federal government had concluded plans to send Jega on a terminal leave in preparation of his completion of his tenure by June.

The speculation followed allegations by the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the anti-Jega posturing of the People’s Democratic Party as well as groups and individuals rooting for President Jonathan.

Last Thursday, senators of the APC, led by George Akume, said they had reliable Intelligence that Jega would be asked to proceed on pre-retirement leave this week through a letter that would originate from the office of the Head of Service of the Federation.

But speaking on Monday in an interview with Aljazeera, President Jonathan denied he was nursing such a plan.

The president said INEC is a sensitive and important institution and that removing its chairman arbitrarily would spark public outcry.

“Except somebody is insinuating that the Chairman has done something wrong. You cannot change an officer, except the person has done something wrong,” Jonathan said in response to a question on Jega.

He added that “Government, whether at the federal or state level, president or governor, does not wake up and change somebody, especially somebody like the INEC Chairman, except that person has done something wrong.

“INEC is a very sensitive body. For me to change INEC Chairman Nigerians will ask questions. So, you cannot wake up and change INEC Chairman.”

He added that he had never discussed with “any human being on earth about changing INEC Chairman”.

http://www.theheraldng.com/nigerians-will-ask-questions-change-jega-now-jonathan/
Re: Nigerians Will Ask Questions If I Change Jega Now – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
D nigerians dat will as question are dose dat ve mouth odour undecided, tinubu and his animals
Re: Nigerians Will Ask Questions If I Change Jega Now – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
I smell lie! Either you change jega or jega stay you are still going......true talk! your governmant still money than any how government in nigeria.....sai buhari!! On till jona reduce petro to 65per lit

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask Questions If I Change Jega Now – Jonathan by kestolove95(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
Sowie Mr Jonathan...u can't change jega....and sowie. Ur. Guyz just loose dia case. Against d. Use of pvc...so u. are goin home

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Ask Questions If I Change Jega Now – Jonathan by VickJames(m): 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
The President has said this time without number that he won't change the INEC chairman. The INEC chairman didn't hear anything about sack.

The problem is that APC members know how to hear and fabricate bad things that will make the country look bad and almost collapsing.

Its march 28 right?

Some of this APC men will be sleeping in the intensive care unit in LUTH, trust me!

GEJ till 2019
Re: Nigerians Will Ask Questions If I Change Jega Now – Jonathan by Slynonny(m): 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
Oga Jona forget those guys with mouth odour and their lies.
Victory is ours.
Make i hear say you no win dis election.
Forget Mallam Buhari him no get liver nah infact him left kidney don fail am.
Who wan button your agbada oga Jona?
Is it Tinubu no allow am to near you with his chronic mouth odour abeg.
Clear road for Oga Jona before i burst your head Amaechi.
GEJ 2019

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Dislodge Boko Haram Militants From Lame/burra Forest In Bauchi / Nyesom Wike Or Dakuku Peterside For Rivers2015 ? / Simple Questions For Yoruba Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.