Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,157 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:12 AM

5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) (29079 Views)

2015 Election: What You Should About INEC Card Reader / See 5 Things You Should Know About INEC Chairman, Jega’s Alleged Replacement / The Truth About Inec’s Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by PassingShot(m): 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
queensmith:
My problem is that they can accredit, then chase them all away and leave their thugs to vote. If the number of accredited voters are less the vote isn't nullified.

People should be able to vote immediately after accrediting. Why isnt it done that way?

PVC doesn't resolve the use of intimidation to stop the opposition from voting.

Good note. Though this scenario can occur only where a party has up to 80% or more dominance.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by abbsal(m): 2:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
macpetrus:
Welcome developement!!!

Why do some political party collect VIN numbers on people voter card especially in the rural areas or small groups... Hope they are not going to code it in Card reader machine/ sim!!!... Let wait and see the out come of the test Run!!!
Please let us know the particular political party collecting the VIN and the area please.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by queensmith: 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
PassingShot:

Good note. Though this scenario can occur only where a party has up to 80% or more dominance.

well, it happened in Ekiti - the numbers are atrocious. I am more than sure those that were accredited don't exist.

(Not sure if they used the same system) since Ekiti is small they are probably easier to manipulate especially with the use of armed forces.

They even tried the same in Osun and stepped up the game with the use of SS and masked operators??

I will probably only have confidence if helicopters were deployed to give us an aeriel view of the going on as it happens.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by macpetrus(m): 3:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
abbsal:

Please let us know the particular political party collecting the VIN and the area please.

Oyo state(ibadan in particular)... I don't want to mention any political party but I knw the present Government knws about it!!!
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by overlord77: 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
spott:

U can request for change of polling booth oo. U must not vote were u voted 2 years ago. It is your right
Guidelines for Transfer of Registered Vote http://www.inecnigeria.org/?page_id=2051

You're missing the point.
Since the reader has a central server where authentication occurs for every verifiable voter, I shouldn't have to.transfer shit before I can walk in anywhere, be verified and vote
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by abdul4new(m): 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
kolonigga:
Abi GEJ said he would use IT to fight corruption? YES, Now IT wants to be employed for use he/PDP is against it.... something is fishy my people.

God bless Jega/INEC

*Modified
SAY YES TO CARD READERS.
SAY YES TO PVCs
SAI BUHARI ALL THE WAY!!!
Thank you my brother, I dont understand GEJ any more he will say something now and the next he will be the one working against it, his cluelessness stink to high heaven.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Pesuzok(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
airsaylongcon:

So how have the ones they have been using to validate cards on TV worked?which polling units data have they loaded on them?

It all about programming the card you want it to read into the card reader. I guess the one used for the NASS demonstration was programmed withh all the senators' pvc
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by GamaG(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
MRLINGTON:
My question is..cant d polls be rigged with d help of card readers?? D battery doesn't run down?? We have no stable power supply..would generators be provided to help charge dem? Can't dis card readers be configured to help rig elections??

Nigerians still doesn't know how best to bring us peace nd credible elections....

I pray for d safety of the Corpers sha

Moving forward>>>>>
Sai GEJ
Sai DA

FTC again..
No be new thing again cheesy

Celebrating 1000+ Likes on Nairaland
God Bless Seun nd d super mods
why is did one saying set?
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
Very right then it will help in the future growth of our politics
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by overlord77: 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
Pesuzok:

it only sends the number of accredited voters, not accessing any database.

Sends it to where, a basket or a database? angry
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Shiifi(m): 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hmmmmm jus passing by
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by airsaylongcon: 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
Mark my words, PVC SCR will not be used for this election. The logistics required and the variables involved is nightmarish. The fact they are going to rely on network operators means they will have a single point of failure. The network operators will be coerced into refusing their infrastructure to be used. Jega will come out and moan that due to infrastructural incapability they have to switch to manual accreditation
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by rildwanullahi(m): 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
oneda:

1. Can't these internal memories be tampered with like changing, destroying etc to rig or to disenfranchise a particular unit?
2. What if the INEC officials at a particular region/unit are compromised? Here the opposition knows that this region/unit would definitely vote for the opposing party and the INEC official manipulate the card reader till the allotted accreditation time is past.
3. How are we sure that this card reader would not be pre-configured to favor or disfavor a particular polling unit?
it is not meant for voting. Just accreditation. It helps to avoid a situation of 8 is greater than 19. U can't accredit before or after the specified periods. Please make your vote count by staying till it is counted and approved. Say no to rigging
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by rildwanullahi(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
airsaylongcon:
Mark my words, PVC SCR will not be used for this election. The logistics required and the variables involved is nightmarish. The fact they are going to rely on network operators means they will have a single point of failure. The network operators will be coerced into refusing their infrastructure to be used. Jega will come out and moan that due to infrastructural incapability they have to switch to manual accreditation
it will be usedused, if the card can't verify your clothes pvc, the adhoc staff knows what to do
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by rildwanullahi(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
airsaylongcon:
it will be usedused, if the card can't verify your pvc, the adhoc staff knows what to do
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by overlord77: 6:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
GamaG:
why is did one saying set?

I tire o
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by GamaG(m): 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
overlord77:

I tire o
I wanted to say what is this one saying, but these people manipulated my shortened words into that.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by rawtruth(m): 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
SweetyZinta:
Issorite, dis gonna be interesting! We must progress.

#Giveuschange ooo
#teamchange
#inBuhariWeTrust

Don't worry yourself; for in the north where Buhari will hold sway, the Card Readers will never dare to fail. If the do, the election officials in-charge will say goodbye to mother earth. Luckily for them (election officials) the Card Readers must work!
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by airsaylongcon: 11:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
rildwanullahi:
it will be usedused, if the card can't verify your pvc, the adhoc staff knows what to do

Trust me if they allow adhoc staff accredit voters outside of the SCR the rigging will be dizzying! We are talking adhoc staff here o, the same set that refused to give non-indigenes cards in a certain state.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know About INEC's Smart Card Readers(SCRs) (PHOTO) by Doilooklikeicare(m): 2:17am On Mar 07, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
Say NO to card readers embarassed

Quote me to your peril!
Will not respond to bullshits sad

GEJ till 2019!!!
u be oloriburuku somebody angry
OgologoDimkpa:
Say NO to card readers embarassed

Quote me to your peril!
Will not respond to bullshits sad

GEJ till 2019!!!
u be oloriburuku somebody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekweremadu Wins 5th Senate Term / PDP Clears All 3 Senate Seats In Kaduna / Dear Igbos, We Don't Hate You... We Are Not Your Antagonists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.