Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,830 members, 7,889,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:51 PM

Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? (3774 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? / Is It Normal?? A Guy Of 18 Crushing On A Girl Of 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by ckc(m): 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2006
pls is it wrong for a guy to marry a girl of same age?i want u pple to help me out please.
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by Memunah(f): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2006
age doesnt really matter for me as far as the girl is not older dan the guy dats wat matters.and there feelings matters
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by somegirl(f): 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2006
For me, the girl can also be older than the guy. But I most admit I am a bit prejudicial against couples that are separated by a big age gape, e.g. if one is as old as to be the parent or grandparent of the other. Maybe, that's because of the stereotype of the young woman marrying the old man for his money which she will inherit once he dies and of the old woman who wants a young lover boy just for the satisfaction of her lust. Btw, did you notice that both stereotypes are biased against women?! angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by segun111(m): 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2006
ckc,

It depends on nationality or your county of origin, for naija men such as myself it is customary known and still is that a guy should and must marry someone younger especially if he wants children since older women have risk during child birth and age complication for bearing children.

As for the westerns, it is not a big deal to marry someone of the same age or older or younger. However, most parents would prefer for their children to marry someone who is younger but then that depends on the maturity of their kids.

Personally, I will not marry someone older because as I say before there are advantages for my custom to demand someone younger. That is just my honest and sincere opinion oooo.
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by omofineboy(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2006
Age has no specific place in a true and committed relationship, infact I came to conclude that there is no success that's attributed to age i.e becuase I was so so age that was why I was able to suceed not at all, it just about maturity and maturity is of the mind, so i dont succumb to that. I have seen husbands who are more older but the home is not settled, and vice versa, I think what matters is the state of mind and total submission to the will of God as regards marriage and surely not age.
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by somegirl(f): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2006
Segun111, I guess it depends on your own age. If you are in your 40s than marrying an older lady will probably mean no or only few children. However, if you are in your 20s and your girl is just a few months or years older (e.g. you're 23 and she's 25), then you still can have plenty of children, abi?

You notice that you are quite lucky? Because you can wait until "old" age to have children and enjoy life first or work on your career. That's because a man still can father children in his 60s. A woman, on the other hand, must usually start getting children early (earlier than a man) or have only few or none.

Anyway, I think it is not good to wait with having children until one is "old". That's because I would want to see my children grow and spend some time with the grandchildren as well. However, if I am already 45 when I get my first child, I might be dead by the time s/he gets his/her first child (especially if you got a son).

And I also look at it from the side of the child. My grandparents are in their 70s and I am afraid that they will die (they just discovered that the cancer of my grandma is coming back after about ten years). They are my grandparents and I love them deeply. If --- no, WHEN they will die, it will be hard on me. Loosing a parent must be even harder than that. Therefore, I think it is better to have children RELATIVELY early, like late 20s or early 30s.

I know other people have children even earlier than that but it would not have suited me. I'm still much in the process of growing up myself and also don't have a stable income or place to live. So, I'm thinking of having them in my early 30s (by then I should be through with school, have worked one or two years --- mhm, seems rather like it's going to be MID 30s and then I'll discover what it means when a couple "tries to have a baby" and the guy (if I have one by then) will leave me after a few years for a younger woman who is more likely to give him a child?

Sometimes, I wished I was a man! undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by Dalby(m): 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2006
age doesn't really matter for me as far as the girl is not older than the guy that is what matters.and there feelings matters
It matters o!, at a certain age women age faster that the me, It should be such that they grow together, and an age difference of between 5 to 8 years should be OK for present day Nigeria, The way these young girls dress these days can make a man denounce his religion. The man has to be older.
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by Chay(f): 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2006
I dont think its wrong at all, so far they both respect and love each other wats the harm?
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by segun111(m): 1:48am On Oct 02, 2006
@somegirl,

"Sometimes, I wished I was a man!"

Trust me God made you a woman for a reason please don't judge that. As far as my comment I was only refering to the custom and the attitude of our people back home, but your point is well received dear. Thanks,
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by somegirl(f): 7:32am On Oct 02, 2006
Mhm --- it would be nice if s/he let me know that reason!  grin
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by khukhi(f): 11:40pm On Apr 03, 2012
somegirl: Segun111, I guess it depends on your own age. If you are in your 40s than marrying an older lady will probably mean no or only few children. However, if you are in your 20s and your girl is just a few months or years older (e.g. you're 23 and she's 25), then you still can have plenty of children, abi?

You notice that you are quite lucky? Because you can wait until "old" age to have children and enjoy life first or work on your career. That's because a man still can father children in his 60s. A woman, on the other hand, must usually start getting children early (earlier than a man) or have only few or none.

Anyway, I think it is not good to wait with having children until one is "old". That's because I would want to see my children grow and spend some time with the grandchildren as well. However, if I am already 45 when I get my first child, I might be dead by the time s/he gets his/her first child (especially if you got a son).

And I also look at it from the side of the child. My grandparents are in their 70s and I am afraid that they will die (they just discovered that the cancer of my grandma is coming back after about ten years). They are my grandparents and I love them deeply. If --- no, WHEN they will die, it will be hard on me. Loosing a parent must be even harder than that. Therefore, I think it is better to have children RELATIVELY early, like late 20s or early 30s.

I know other people have children even earlier than that but it would not have suited me. I'm still much in the process of growing up myself and also don't have a stable income or place to live. So, I'm thinking of having them in my early 30s (by then I should be through with school, have worked one or two years --- mhm, seems rather like it's going to be MID 30s and then I'll discover what it means when a couple "tries to have a baby" and the guy (if I have one by then) will leave me after a few years for a younger woman who is more likely to give him a child?

Sometimes, I wished I was a man! undecided

gringringringringrin Lol! I can't stop laughing. I feel you girl... I sometimes think of that too. We women worry too much hey.
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by reltwist: 12:17am On Apr 04, 2012
love this you can check us out @ www.r-twist.com
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by omega25red(m): 12:31am On Apr 04, 2012
another childish question
Re: Is It Wrong To For A Guy To Marry Girl Of Same Age? by Kslib(m): 12:34am On Apr 04, 2012
Op
i won't say it's wrong or right to marry a girl of the same age as the guy in question,but what i know is that i can't marry a girl of the same age as me....

(1) (Reply)

I Love Her,but Her Sister Wants Me / I Have Not Paid My Wife Dowry / Guys: What Is Your Favorite Line When Approaching A Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.