Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,470 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:35 PM

Peter Obi And Bonaventure Mokwe`s Hotel Saga View From Vancouver Canada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi And Bonaventure Mokwe`s Hotel Saga View From Vancouver Canada (2664 Views)

Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) / Peter Obi And Wife Spotted At Heathrow Airport, London - Photos / Peter Obi And Obiano At A Burial Ceremony (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi And Bonaventure Mokwe`s Hotel Saga View From Vancouver Canada by timmalle: 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
Both men are known to me but I am a lot closer to Bona Mokwe, starting from our childhood days at Fegge Onitsha in Anambra State. Peter Obi on the other hand was also born and raised at Onitsha. I met Peter through Late Sunday Udeaja (Solomo), Son of Chief I.I. Udeaja of Ozubulu in Anambra State. Sunday Udeaja "Solomo", as we called him, was active in the same axis of business (Drugs) as Peter Obi but he was in the direction of Spain while Peter was active in the direction of London and United States of America.

In those good old days, I was a good footballer and so was Bona Mokwe. I featured for St. John Otu Obosi in Fegge while Bona Played for Niger Primary School Fegge Onitsha.
Our football rivalry continued into our secondary school days. I struggled to make metropolitan secondary school football team while Bona was a regular for Dennis Memorial Grammar School (D.M.G.S) team. We were close friends within this period. Bona, a product of an inherited wealth, is a vindictive person both on and off the field. Cross him once and he will cross you tenfold. Fearless, stubborn and rugged to a fault, attributes he appeared to share with late G.C Mokwe his father. Peter on the other hand is a product of everyday family.

Surprisingly, the incident of August 1st 2013 came on board. The Nigerian community in Vancouver Canada busied themselves with discussing the incident, mostly in the line of Peter's hasty demolition of Bona's Hotel without Police investigation. In the 70s, the hotel was one of the few in Onitsha. I was highly traumatized and it got me thinking till date. At first, my instinctual feeling was that there is a mistake somewhere. I became completely restless and started craving for more information.

The early news centered on Peter Obi rationalizing his action and Bona's wife crying to high heavens that her husband was set up and nothing from Bona. Then, two months after or thereabout, I read a Sun newspaper online publication on Bona's incident by NOPRIN. It was in the line of what I originally thought. Finally, at the tail end of 2013, in what many have been captioned as; ''TO YOUR TENTS OH ISREAL'', Vanguard News online exposed the case a set-up. Right after the breaking news, rationalization from Peter went dead cold.

I flew into Nigeria on the 4th of December 2014 and made an effort to locate Bona but was informed that he travelled outside the country. Determined to find out more about the case, I drove to Anambra state C.I.D Awka and met two high ranking officers over the issue. I understood from them that the incident is a sore point to them and a huge embarrassment to the police establishment and they referred me to Awkuzu SARS with the uncomplimentary comments that came with it.

I drove to Awkuzu and located the SARS outpost. I was refused access into the compound on the strength of my not having an appointment. Determined to find out as little as possible, I walked to the side of the place with a stretch of batchers and requested for a bottle of beer and equally offered drinks to the police officers, one of which turned out to be an inspector. Soon after, I asked him if he knew one Bonaventure Mokwe that was detained at the place between August and September of 2013, and that he was a childhood friend of mine, we lost contact in Canada.

He motioned me outside and opened up largely in broken English. He made me to understand that almost all the junior officers then, did not like what Mokwe went through. According to him, Peter Obi's unexplained same-day demolition of Mokwe's hotel put the Police on the spot. The state government had to be protected and it fell on the police to do that. ''We managed to do our best but the Mokwe man was too intelligent. He ridiculed the state government and the police and there is no charge against him. He is a free man'' says the inspector.

I finally left, fully satisfied with the turn of events. A mixture of anger and vindication took over me and then the sad commentary of one Valentine Obienyem online needed a response. He was said to be the media assistant to Peter Obi. We all have to do our job but conscience should also count. Praise singers like him allowed Peter Obi to mess himself up at the tail end of his administration. An action that joined the league of reasons why returning back to Nigeria remains a nightmare. To Mr Obienyem, a man that put up a rock-solid defense of his person and his rights is a mad man.

My take is that Valentine Obienyem may have mistaken Mokwe for a retarded peasant uncle of his or his master Peter Obi's disconnect stemming from a rare sober reflection on his true identity as an Agulu man or an Onitsha native and the huge societal impact of drug addiction, compliment of his earlier life and money laundering as was essentially revealed in Mokwe's several write-ups with the one of http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1193248 being a lot more specific. It is the undiluted history of how Peter made his money. Late Sunday Udeaja (Solomo), Peter Obi's friend and associate was in the same line of business in Spain until his death along Enugu-Onitsha express road. We knew what everyone of us was doing at that time.

The amount of money stolen and laundered out of Nigeria for and on behalf by Peter Obi could have been invested in the country and the attendant benefit will spread out. It would have meant crime reduction and increase standard of living. Drug addiction comes with increase in crime to sustain the habit both for the exporting and receiving country. Huge number of deaths can be traced to the two phenomenon and cannot be compared with two old human skulls being planted in a hotel lodging room to implicate the owner.

A mad man single handedly disrobed the state government and the police establishment. In a sane country, Peter Obi would have been facing criminal charges over the incident. Nigeria being a society of anything goes, he is now “vulturing” around President Goodluck Jonathan as a statesman. One hell of a country.

Edmund Agbasi (Pele)

Bona, if you come across this piece,
Contact me through your main man
Danny Lopez. He lives in New York now. Remain your strong self.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi And Bonaventure Mokwe`s Hotel Saga View From Vancouver Canada by undeniableGrace(m): 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
I can't get the gist here
Re: Peter Obi And Bonaventure Mokwe`s Hotel Saga View From Vancouver Canada by tit(f): 6:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
undeniableGrace:
I can't get the gist here

Peter Obi wants to Islamize anambra state.

(1) (Reply)

How Jega Defeated Jonathan For Buhari In The Election, / Tinubu Blasts Buhari Accuses Him Of Betrayal / Jonathan Constructed More Roads Than Any President Ever In Nigeria. – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.