Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,463 members, 7,885,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 08:44 PM

2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu (1433 Views)

If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid / Aliyu Saidu Abubakar Presents One-year Diploma Certificate To Senate / "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by deskossy(m): 7:32am On Mar 07, 2015
By Clifford Ndujihe
LAST Saturday, about 10,000 northerners congregated at Asaba, the Delta State Capital as representatives of about 10 million northerners living in the 17 states of Southern Nigeria on the banner of the Arewa Initiative for Peaceful Co-existence in Southern Nigeria (AIPCN).
Co-ordinated by Alhaji Musa Saidu with Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa, former governor of Sokoto State, as grand patron, the northerners said they gathered in solidarity and endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Held at the Cenotaph, GRA, Asaba, at the event were President Goodluck Jonathan, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu (PDP national chairman), Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State, Senator Ahmadu Ali and Senator Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta PDP governorship candidate) among others.

Attahiru Bafarawa
Speaking at the ceremony, President Jonathan said if re-elected, he would implement policies that would end discrimination so that all Nigerians will be free to live in any part of the country in peace.
He said that it is sad that many Nigerians who can afford it go to America to deliver their babies so that the child will be an American citizen, yet in Nigeria, we discriminate against ourselves.
Lamenting that some politicians whose children are abroad are trying ‘’to divide us with ethnicity and hatred and want to precipitate crisis so that our children will die,’’ he urged Nigerians to support whoever is leading the country ‘’because there is no president that can rule this country without the support of all Nigerians or you won’t enjoy the office. If we compartmentalise Nigeria, then we have destroyed what God has given to us.’’
Why I founded AIPCN –Bafarawa
Asked why he is mobilising northerners living in southern Nigeria, Bafarawa said he is not happy with the way non-indigenes are denied certain rights in the country.
AIPCN is important because of the way and manner our people in the South find themselves. Also southerners in the North find themselves in the same problem. We have almost 10 million northerners residing in the17 southern states. Some of them were born here and even their parents were born here. They were brought up here. They cannot go back to the North because this is their home base.
‘’Unfortunately, they have no place they can call their own. They are always non-indigenes. They are not benefiting anything from their indigenous state and here people see them as non-indigenes. As far as these people are concerned, they don’t have anywhere in the North to stay.
Some of them who were born in the South-West speak Yoruba language such that you cannot differentiate them from the Yoruba. So also some who were born in the South-East speak Igbo. Unfortunately, getting admission into government schools is difficult. They have to go to private schools. They are not getting any patronage from the states they are residing and they are Nigerians. If they come together, at least if there is any problem you can talk to the leadership. During election period you see people being killed in the North and in the South because there is no leadership. That was the reason we decided to come up with this initiative for peace, development and sensitisation of our people so that they can fight and get their rights.’’
North will re-elect Jonathan
On why the Arewa Initiative endorsed President Jonathan, he said: ‘’All the people saying Jonathan doesn’t have support in the north are not been fair to northerners. Most of you reside in Lagos and so you only read these from the papers. As we know, the APC are more in the papers than they are on ground. Go to the North and meet the average northerner on the streets to know their pulse about Jonathan. If you want to know whether Jonathan is actually on ground, go to the different northern states to do some personal assessments, not by reading newspapers. Go to the various states and see that Jonathan has the support of the people. In every northern state, there is no where he hasn’t contributed to the development of the state. So, what is the reason to say northerners don’t like Jonathan?’’
The Co-ordinator of the AIPCN, Alhaji Musa Saidu shared Bafarawa’s views and listed the series of projects that president has done in the North as the reason northerners will stand with him at the March 28 presidential polls.
Saidu said: ‘’If we say that northerners are happy with President Goodluck Jonathan, we are merely stating the obvious. We are happy that he has done for the North much more than any other president has done. From our findings, he has even executed for the North many more projects than he has done for his people in the South, especially the South-South. This is why we are mobilising our people across all parts of the North and all northerners resident in all parts of the South, to ensure that he secures a second term.
‘’The list of his achievements for the North looks endless. For instance, in education, the once abandoned Almajiri boys can now go to school as President Jonathan initiated and established the Almajiri System of Education, the first of its kind, with over 150 special schools already built across the northern states, while others are nearing completion. ‘’Also, out of the 12 new universities established by President Jonathan, nine are located in the northern states thereby ensuring that all states of the region have a federal university. This is in addition to establishment of new secondary schools and training of teachers for better quality education in the North.
‘’Recognizing that agriculture is the mainstay of the northern economy, President Jonathan ensured that out of the 2.7 million direct farm jobs achieved by this administration, over two million are in the North. He also established the e-wallet system, which eliminated the corruption in the distribution of fertilizer and other farm inputs thereby making the products directly accessible to millions of farmers in the region and this has boosted their productivity. Today our silos are brimming and food pyramids are returning in the North. ‘’In the last four years, President Jonathan has committed enormous resources in tackling desertification in the region. This administration established more than 80 kilometre 15-row Green Belt in addition to the Presidential Initiative on Afforestation in Kano and 10 other northern states. ‘’The revitalization of the railways by the Jonathan administration has connected major cities in the North to the extent that very soon, it will become easy for Nigerians to live in states in the North and still work in Abuja as the Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge rail is expected to become operational in the first quarter of 2015.
‘’Today, the Minna-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano narrow gauge has been rehabilitated. The Makurdi-Lafia-Kuru-Bauchi-Gombe-Ashaka-Maiduguri and the branch line from Kafanchan to Kaduna are at completion stages and will be operational soon.
‘’On roads, the decades long intractable Kano-Maiduguri highway that is the longest stretch in the country is being successfully tackled. The Abuja-Lokoja road, a huge death trap that has witnessed uncountable number of accidents is now a delight for road travellers…
‘’The fight against insurgency has been fought and is being won. Jonathan has shown that he is a friend to the North. All we can do is to support him to return to office and continue with the unusual transformation projects and programmes.’’

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by mperoakeem(m): 7:35am On Mar 07, 2015
we know you don collect ur own share so shut the trap Off

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by TI1919(m): 7:38am On Mar 07, 2015
Hmmm
cheesy cheesy cheesy Naijarians

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by deskossy(m): 7:38am On Mar 07, 2015
Doesn't he have a right to campaign for his candidate like u are doing now?or does that mean u have been bribe too?lets learn to respect others decision

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 07, 2015
Even if AIT shows d video of tinubu and buhari stealing money, our foolish and brainwashed supporters will still vote for us! Imagine wad apc said abt dem supporters!
Dis shows how foolish apc thugs re, I pity dem and dem generations!

Buhari is bin used by tinubu to achieve his dream of having access to federal powers, he has failed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 07, 2015
This is a good one from Bafarawa. It's been a long time we see him in public. God bless North! God bless the South!! God bless us all!!! ........................................buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. 24/7 services available. Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by MOG1D1: 7:47am On Mar 07, 2015
LAST Saturday, about 10,000 northerners congregated at Asaba, the Delta State Capital as representatives of about 10 million northerners living in the 17 states of Southern Nigeria on the banner of the Arewa Initiative for Peaceful Co-existence in Southern Nigeria (AIPCN). - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/2015-why-north-will-vote-for-jonathan-bafarawa-saidu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#sthash.2PxHNN4a.dpuf

PDP proving elections are not won on twitter.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by onatisi(m): 8:18am On Mar 07, 2015
MOG1D1:

bros believe me when I tell u that apc will lose the heaviest in areas and places they think they will win most. The table has turned drastically against apc,the only game left for apc now and which they are already planning on is to find excuses to discredit the results ,but nigeria is bigger than apc . Just wait and see

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by ibedun: 8:29am On Mar 07, 2015
Self delusion bros.
onatisi:
bros believe me when I tell u that apc will lose the heaviest in areas and places they think they will win most. The table has turned drastically against apc,the only game left for apc now and which they are already planning on is to find excuses to discredit the results ,but nigeria is bigger than apc . Just wait and see

Pay attention to the utterances of people like ObJ. Not some random useless nairalander.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by MOG1D1: 8:34am On Mar 07, 2015
onatisi:

onatisi my brother, your permutation have never been wrong, on point again. Less than 3 weeks for APC to come back to reality.

How your Saturday?
Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by deskossy(m): 8:38am On Mar 07, 2015
MOG1D1:

onatisi my brother, your permutation have never been wrong, on point again. Less than 3 weeks for APC to come back to reality.

How your Saturday?
Apc cannot unseat jona...IT IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by Bifwoli: 8:39am On Mar 07, 2015
GEJ till the political winter in the north is over in 2019.

PDP salt trucks on the way to clear the APC snow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by sunboy(m): 8:47am On Mar 07, 2015
Please don't be deceived o that man can only say that in the south o. The north still support PDP but you won't see them attach themselves with Jonathan. That man just saying his own rubbish ni o. In the entire north places I know Jonathan can get upper edge is Abuja, Taraba and Benue, leave the whole of North West and East abeg.
The north have decided since teytey, they just don't want Jonathan candidature but they still cool with other PDP candidates.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by gwales: 8:54am On Mar 07, 2015
in their dreams
Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by guttentag(m): 8:55am On Mar 07, 2015
Return Jona's money to him before it will be too late

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by Jesusloveyou: 9:03am On Mar 07, 2015
MOG1D1:

i have never see any northerner in south south that say they wil vote for gej,this wasted bafarawa can lie.
Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by MOG1D1: 9:07am On Mar 07, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
i have never see any northerner in south south that say they wil vote for gej,this wasted bafarawa can lie.

Do they sell newspapers where you live?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by onatisi(m): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2015
ibedun:
Self delusion bros.

Pay attention to the utterances of people like ObJ. Not some random useless nairalander.
no need for talk talk . Apc is once again stupidly and arrogantly walking into another trap. Just wait and see .
Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by onatisi(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2015
deskossy:
Apc cannot unseat jona...IT IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE!
it is 3 weeks to election . Just wait and see how buhari will cry on the 30th of march .I have stopped arguin with ppl on nairaland on this issue . We shall see who has the upper hand on the 28th of march .

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by onatisi(m): 10:17am On Mar 07, 2015
MOG1D1:

How your Saturday?
my brother just watch what will happen. The thing apc is banking on to help them win is what is going to destroy them. I have been saying this for almost 10 months ,buhari is the easiest candidate and person in nigeria for pdp to beat senselessly anytime, anyday .it would have been a different story if atiku is apc candidate ,then I know many pdp members would have followed him. My saturday is going smoothly. How is urs and how is work? Dis ur moniker na wa ooooo !!!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by MOG1D1: 11:55am On Mar 07, 2015
onatisi:
my brother just watch what will happen. [size=15pt]The thing apc is banking on to help them win is what is going to destroy them.[/size] I have been saying this for almost 10 months ,buhari is the easiest candidate and person in nigeria for pdp to beat senselessly anytime, anyday .it would have been a different story if atiku is apc candidate ,then I know many pdp members would have followed him. My saturday is going smoothly. How is urs and how is work? Dis ur moniker na wa ooooo !!!!

Atiku or kwankwaso would have given PDP a run for their money, Buhari came with so many baggages, same reason he's been losing since 2003.
This is my temporary moniker, seems APC MODS wants to silence pro PDP posters.

Just noticed barcanista is serving a ban, firefire told me he just came from a ban too.
Ban or no ban A luta continua, it'll all be over in three weeks if the courts don't end Buhari's election nightmare before the election proper..
Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by CaptainAmerica1: 12:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
By May 29, 1999, we had 23 PDP governors, 6 AD, and 7 APP. 16 years later, this is their story:

(A) PDP (23 governors)
1. James lbori - PDP Delta - in prison for looting
2. DSP Alamieseigha - PDP Bayelsa - Ex-convict for looting
3. Lucky Igbinedion - PDP Edo - Ex-convict for looting
4. Peter Odili - PDP Rivers - In court for looting
5. Chimaroke Nnamani - PDP Enugu - In court for looting
6. Ayo Fayose - PDP Ekiti - In court for looting
7. Rasheed Ladoja - PDP Oyo - In court for looting
8. Alao Akala - PDP Oyo - In court for looting
9. Gbenga Daniel - PDP Ogun - In court for looting
10. Ikenna Ohakim - PDP Imo - In court for looting
11. Adamu Muazu - Bauchi (current PDP National
Chairman) - In court for looting over N19 Billion from the state treasury
12. Joshua Dariye - PDP Plateau - In court for looting
13. Jolly Nyame - PDP Taraba - In court for looting the state treasury
14. Abdulahi Adamu - PDP Nassarawa - In court for looting the state treasury
15. Boni Haruna - PDP Adamawa - (newly appointed minister by President Jonathan) -
In court for looting the treasury
16. Saminu Turaki - EX-Gov. PDP Jigawa - In court for looting the treasury
17. Orji Uzor Kalu - PDP Abia - In court for looting the treasury

(B-). AD to AC- 6 govs.

NO Ex governor has ever been taken to court for treasury looting.
NOTE:- Tinubu of Lagos was dragged to Code of Conduct Tribunal for having foreign accounts while in power against government
policy of zero foreign account for public officials. He was found not guilty because he had the accounts before his election to the office of governor.
Case dismissed!

(C) APP - (ANPP) 7 governors
1. Attahiru Baffarawa - APP Sokoto - In court
for looting (he is now in a PDP member)
2. Prince Abubakar Audu - ANPP Kogi - In
court for looting.

So APC made up of AD/ AC/ACN of the past is
leading the pack. Does it not make perfect
sense to allow these people to lead at the center?
Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by WisdomFlakes: 12:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
Leave matter for Mathias. Come election day even Bafarawa will vote GMB. E don chop Jonathan dollar and clean mouth. cheesy
Re: 2015: Why North Will Vote For Jonathan – Bafarawa, Saidu by Jesusloveyou: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
MOG1D1:

Do they sell newspapers where you live?
are u confuse,u said election is not won on twitter,i am telling u what is on ground and u are talking of newspaper.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:gej Wins 2015 General Election-inec / [VIDEO] Vote For Progress And Security, Maintain Peace - Obama Tells Nigerians / How Clanish Aba Based Abia North Indegenes Voted For Ngwaman Erroneousely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.