Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,291 members, 7,887,859 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo (664 Views)

I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje / Jonathan Will Concede Defeat If He Loses - Presidency / APC Insists It’ll Form Parallel Govt If Election Is Rigged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by adeniranfam(f): 9:20am On Mar 07, 2015
[img]http://3.bp..com/-OFRTSzs0U6w/VPpfav17fEI/AAAAAAAAA-0/TLWFcXpUsoo/s280/osin.jpg[/img]
The vice presidential candidate of the All Progressives
Congress, Prof Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), on Friday evening in
Abuja said his party would only accept the outcome of the
March 28 presidential election, provided the election is free,
fair and credible.
According to him, the party is not bothered by the threats by
15 political parties to pull out of the election over the use of
card readers.
He spoke with journalists after being a guest at the Catholic
Social Forum with the theme: “Promoting the Culture of
Violence-Free Elections in Nigeria.”
He said the use of card readers by the Independent National
Electoral Commission was not electronic voting as being
painted by some people.
Osinbajo maintained that APC was not afraid of threat from
any quarter, adding that the party was interested in the use
of card readers to ensure credible election.
He stated that the party would not accept the outcome of
anything short of free, fair and credible polls.
He said, “We (APC) are not bordered by the threat to pull
out of the election by any party, it is their choice to
participate. We want credible election. We want to ensure
that all PVCs are genuine, we don’t want rigging.
“We have confidence in God, we are ready to accept the
outcome of the election provided it is free and fair; we
expect that this election must be free and fair and that is
why we are taking all these troubles, as we are educating
our people.
“Don’t forget that under the same INEC that is now being
feared by PDP, our party lost election in Ekiti and Anambra.
In 2011, it was the same gentleman (Attahiru Jega) that
conducted election, we went to court, contested it, but all of
a sudden the same PDP said they are jittery. If the election
is not free and fair, we know the right and constitutional
thing to do.”
http://..com/2015/03/well-accept-defeat-if-election-is-free.html?m=0
Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by ochejoseph(m): 9:21am On Mar 07, 2015
Buhari will faint if he hears this!
Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 07, 2015
Fake pastor, no idiot can claim to be clean wen ya re eating wif d devil himself(tinubu), before I forget let me drop a note, "Even if AIT shows d video of tinubu and buhari stealing money, our foolish and brainwashed supporters will still vote for us! Imagine wad apc said abt dem supporters!
Dis shows how foolish apc thugs re, I pity dem and dem generations!"

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by macpetrus(m): 9:26am On Mar 07, 2015
Noted!!!...

Shun election violence, so if the election is not free and fair what happen?.. Violence?... That whil we have the court of law!!!

A Pastor should promote Peace at all level!!!!
Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by PassingShot(m): 9:27am On Mar 07, 2015
I like that - "if it is free and fair"

GMB/PYO 2015

1 Like

Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by LagosBoi2(m): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2015
The use of card readers will lead us to the actuallization of ''One man One vote''

If Jonathan is not able to manover it by removing Jega and putting his puppet who will cancel the use of card readers...

The APC will win the PDP with a landslide...

PDP will loose many states to APC in a free and fair elections...

I love APC, It is full of sound minds and led by a beloved General

Buhari will be president come may 29...by God's Grace

1 Like

Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by not4sure(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fake pastor, no idiot can claim to be clean wen ya re eating wif d devil himself(tinubu), before I forget let me drop a note, "Even if AIT shows d video of tinubu and buhari stealing money, our foolish and brainwashed supporters will still vote for us! Imagine wad apc said abt dem supporters!
Guy i saw your post in every thread and it got me thinking who you are and i discovered you register on January so you created the moniker just to create Trouble. And on topic I have watched APC Rally and this man has not be called Pastor Osinbajo, they even prefer calling him Professor or Lawyer

1 Like

Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by Rutheby(f): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2015
PassingShot:
I like that - "if it is free and fair"

GMB/PYO 2015
Buhari must not hear this.
Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by Walelavender(m): 10:15am On Mar 07, 2015
PDP can't win in a free and fair elections this year. The Opposition is getting more popular as the day goes by, despite campaign of bitterness against them. Jonathan was more popular than Buhari in 2011, so he won. 2015, the song on every lip is GMB/PYO. It no rocket science. Let's give the opposition a chance this year, while the PDP learns about good governance, and if APC fumble then we'll keep trying till we get THERE. #God save Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by clevvermind(m): 10:16am On Mar 07, 2015
will buhari not kill people again? just asking o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by clevvermind(m): 10:19am On Mar 07, 2015
LagosBoi2:
The use of card readers will lead us to the actuallization of ''One man One vote''

If Jonathan is not able to manover it by removing Jega and putting his puppet who will cancel the use of card readers...

The APC will win the PDP with a landslide...

PDP will loose many states to APC in a free and fair elections...

I love APC, It is full of sound minds and led by a beloved General

Buhari will be president come may 29...by God's Grace
keep consoling yourself. apc will lose big this time. stop calling God cos God is not with buhari the killer.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by themilanway(m): 10:21am On Mar 07, 2015
I will be the first person to congratulate PDP if they win.

Only if the election is won free and fair.

God bless GMB/PYO

God bless Nigeria
Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by stunning4real: 10:22am On Mar 07, 2015
not4sure:
Guy i saw your post in every thread and it got me thinking who you are and i discovered you register on January so you created the moniker just to create Trouble. And on topic I have watched APC Rally and this man has not be called Pastor Osinbajo, they even prefer calling him Professor or Lawyer
don't mind the guy. When you follow a clueless man what do you expect.
Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by stunning4real: 10:25am On Mar 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
SMH you are a fool if you only register on nairaland just to constitue nuisance.
Re: We’ll Accept Defeat If Election Is Free, Fair – Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

baskardifoool

(1) (Reply)

Revenue Shortfall: Senate Approves General Tax Increment / APC Pushing Nigeria To The Brinks – PDP / Petrol Subsidy Rises By 1,142% In Seven Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.