Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,741 members, 7,875,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

The Word For Today: “look For The Best In The Worst”, - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Word For Today: “look For The Best In The Worst”, (495 Views)

10 Things To Look For In A Great Boss / My Worst Day On Earth And Some Thoughts On Suicide. / Look For Job Or Get A Msc After Youth Corp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Word For Today: “look For The Best In The Worst”, by Sunky200: 10:30am On Mar 07, 2015
ENCOURAGEMENT: Look for the Best

When Thomas Carlyle completed his manuscript on the French Revolution, he asked his neighbour John Stuart Mill to read it. Later, Mill came to Carlyle’ lipsrsealed :Ps house, shaken and pale. His maid had inadvertently used it to light the fire! Carlyle despaired – two years lost! Writing it initially was daunting enough; rewriting it was unthinkable. Then one day, watching a stonemason build a wall, he observed it was going up
[color=][/color]one brick at a time. Inspired, he thought, ‘I’ll write a page today and one tomorrow. One at a time; that’s all I’ll think about.’ It was slow, tedious work, but he persevered and the result outshone his original.

Jon Gordon writes, ‘If you’re concerned about the future… I know how you feel. I lost my job in 2001… the company sank faster than the Titanic…. I thought it was the worst event of my life. I was two months away from bankruptcy. I’d a wife, two children, a mortgage, no health insurance and very little savings. I was a payslip away from losing it all and … I had to make some important decisions. Eventually they led to the work I now do as a writer, consultant and speaker. I went from Fired to Fired-up! My lay-off led to my life’s mission….what I thought was the worst… led to the best… When the wave hits we have a choice…. Allow it to crush us, or learn from it and ride it to a positive future. We can move forward with determination and faith that our best days are ahead.’

Rejoice. Refocus. God can turn the curse into a blessing.

Bob and Debby Gass with Ruth Gass Halliday, The Word for Today: “Look for the Best in the Worst”, 4 April 2011.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shocking: How Your Clothes Can Determine Your Productivity / Stop Spending Your Salary On Fuel / Free Hse Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.