Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,289 members, 7,934,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:09 PM

Elections 2015: "It Is My Turn To Chop" - PDP Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections 2015: "It Is My Turn To Chop" - PDP Candidate (383 Views)

I Want To Succeed Elechi Because I’ve Invested And It Is My Turn To Chop” -Umahi / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / Monkey Dey Work, Baboon Dey Chop. PDP Chair, Mu’azu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Elections 2015: "It Is My Turn To Chop" - PDP Candidate by anigbajumo(m): 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Ebonyi state, Engineer David Umahi, has raised eyebrows with a recent comment he made concerning his aspiration to lead the South East state. Umahi, who is the current deputy governor of Ebonyi state, was addressing newsmen in the state capital, Abakaliki, when he told newsmen that his determination to succeed his boss was because it was his “turn to chop”

He said, “Anybody that is saying I should have surrendered is just making a prayer for himself because how would I have suffered for the party, how would I have invested, and you say I no go chop? E no good. They say na where somebody dey work, na there e dey chop; that’s why they call it workshop,” said the deputy governor.

According to Ekekee.com, the comment drew a noisy reaction from the audience made up of mainly PDP supporters and journalists Umahi is having a running battle with his boss, Governor Martin Elechi, over his emergence as the PDP gubernatorial candidate in the state.

It will be recalled that Governor Elechi’s candidate for the party’s primary election was the former minister of health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu. After Umahi emerged as the PDP candidate for the elections, Elechi moved to the Labour Party (LP) but surprisingly gave the party’s ticket to another politician, Edward Nkwegu.

Umahi  questioned if Elechi really and sincerely wanted to hand power over to Prof Chukwu or actually wanted power to shift to Ebonyi South, insisting that the governor should have at least given the governorship ticket of the Labour Party, which he accused him of secretly supporting, to Chukwu rather than to Edward Nkwegu.

“The question I’m asking is did he really want to hand over power to the South? Otherwise, why didn’t he give the governorship ticket of Labour Party to Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, and then my brother and myself would have gone into negotiation?” he asked rhetorically. http://www.naij.com/397896-elections-2015-it-is-my-turn-to-chop-pdp-candidate.html

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha Admits Ambode Into Governors’ Forumahead Of Polls / What Happens To Nigerian Territory Recaptured By Chadian Soldiers? / Thugs Held VP Sambo Hostage In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.