Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,837 members, 7,872,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? (17850 Views)

Lagos Man Pretends To Be Dead In An Accident Only To Rise And Propose To His GF / Ways To Make your Man Propose To You Fast / How to get Your dream man and Make Him Propose To You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by kwenu: 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
pastorKosiso:
Did you later marry the sugar mummy? cheesy shocked

in my eyes then she looks ugly and heavily endowed down there, so she didnt meet my criteria, but i regret not taking her serious, if i see her again i might take responsibility
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by GodMode: 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
I don't know....

But it is very wrong for a woman to like a guy and not walk up to him to start a conversation....

They stewpid things giving green-light, staring at the guy in a scaring manner, robbing their body on the guy if she gets close enough, dropping something on the floor in front of the guy then bending over to pick it...

Most "Nigerian" women have inferiority complex issues...
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
10th time now this stup¡d topic is making frontpage. Do nairalanders really have nothing to do with their time?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Its a yes or no question...no long thing,if i was going to marry her eventually i will accept her proposal but if its just one of dem knack knack chics wit no future plans then i will politely say no,and knack one last time for the road
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by uchwar1: 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
There is nothing wrong with that IF the lady is ready to take the responsibilities of the man but if the lady in turrn expects the man to brring the moni for the brideprice....mmmmmmmm

Funny!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by obinnafred(m): 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
She go propose reach like 10 tyms be that

Where
Is amadioha

If I hear say she do that eh
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
cheesy no hit and run ooo grin shocked
kwenu:

in my eyes then she looks ugly and heavily endowed down there, so she didnt meet my criteria, but i regret not taking her serious, if i see her again i might take responsibility
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by cly490(m): 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
Thats not a good idea.if she try it,she will loose respect even if they settle down together..
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nstella(f): 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
People differ so does opinions. To me I can propose to a man but I chose not to because it negates what God said in his holy book "he who finds a wife" and not the other way round.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by DuchessLily(f): 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
Seun:

Obviously, a wife is not bush meat. That is a terrible analogy. Your wife is not your prey (unless you're some sort of predator or cannibal)

In reply to that, a naija lady can simply say, "that's irrelevant". I can't imagine any disagreement where who asked who first actually matters .

@bolded .. I have seen a case where a couple had misunderstanding, and d husband told wifey to pack her things and go dat after all he didn't wed her in church or court marriage. Dat since it was only traditional marriage dey did, all he will do is go to her father and collect bride price he paid its dat easy .
Now dis lady was being reasonable cos d man didnt have money 4 wedding and she begged her parents to accept only trad marriage till her guy can afford others .

Now tell me, in dis case, if it had been d lady who toasted/proposed, what would have come outta d man's mouth??

Even in cases where its d man who came to toast, ask, beg and even ask pple to beg u to accept him , he will still carry his matrimonial home and vows and go to dump dem in BTW some public toilets' legs and treat u anyhow..... Not to talk of d case where a lady did d toasting and/or proposing
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by gabinogem(m): 6:26pm On Mar 07, 2015
DuchessLily:

Read my post dat u quoted again. I stated my take on this matter there (dat is aside d religion aspect)
hmmm.... congratulations.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by DuchessLily(f): 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
gabinogem:
hmmm.... congratulations.

Thanx cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Okey8122(m): 7:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
It's more fun when the guy does d wooing.
Ladies are terrible toasters,they lack the skills & tricks.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by haftob(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
Islamically, it is right!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by jericco1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
I don't agree with that. If she can't give him dying signs let her forget it.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by daxon001(m): 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
Does nl recycle d same posts every year
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Nicklaus(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
Not bad at all
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Mattpopson101: 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Sound Sultan once said "If u love somebody walk up to am tell am u love am oo, cux no crime no crim @ all"
DuchessLily:
Table don turn be dat..

But I don't support dat we babes should take DAT step, no matter how BOLD or REAL anyone thinks d babes who do dat are, its just not proper

Naija guys especially would take her for granted

If there is any disagreement in d relationship, I naija guy might say. " after all I didnt or never came 4 u, u did

Biblically, it is he DAT findeth a wife....., not she DAT findeth a husband
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by farellstone: 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
kennygee:
Bold but not a good idea, not all men are mature about it.

If una fight, e fit carry am insult you if e dey immature.
miss lagbaja of nairaland
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by DuchessLily(f): 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
Mattpopson101:
Sound Sultan once said "If u love somebody walk up to am tell am u love am oo, cux no crime no crim @ all"

he was only singing to make more money. I bet ya, he will not advice his sister to do DAT, neither will u

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by Mattpopson101: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
As for me i see no crime, but Naija guys will just take advantage. Seen white girls expressing her feelings to my guy. Now they both are married
DuchessLily:

he was only singing to make more money. I bet ya, he will not advice his sister to do DAT, neither will u
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by LadyAmaka(f): 8:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
More than wrong! Instead of that increase your prayer tempo for God to make him do it. Show your desperation in prayers so that you will have your respect.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by chosen1wbe: 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
You are invited to attend the forth coming International Crusade titled, 'GOD’S TIME TO TAKE OVER'. Organised by the Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement, and the venue is at Old Oba Airport, Old Oba Road, Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria.
DATE: Today Saturday March 7 & Sunday March 8, 2015; 8am daily.

AS MANY AS WOULD ATTEND THIS CRUSADE, THERE LIVES SHALL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME. REMAIN BLESSED.ALL YOUR YOKES MUST BE DESTROYED BY THE ANNOINTING; MINISTERING BY THE GRACE OF GOD IS THE GENERAL OVERSEER, PASTOR LAZARUS MUOKA.
BE THERE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWh5tuWQVjM
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by simdam500(m): 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
I see we going too far... what bout the wooing? If a man can woo the lady. What stopping him from proposing? Smh

Only if it the lady that woo him then..... but then again she can't woo u and still expect her to propose naaaaw shocked shocked
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by bezimo(m): 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2015
I dont think it is right, but If a lady sees a guy she likes or is interested in having perceived him to be a husband material she can pray about it and give him a strong green light by reason of the way she conducts herself so it becomes obvious to him that she wants him even without proposing to him.The guy would make a move or ignore which means he is not interested then she can move on.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by tijjanioyan: 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
imsuboi:
How does this post stop that serial loser Buhari from losing again on March 28th?
what exactly ur problem is?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by blessedvisky(m): 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
atakamus:
There is no problem with that. The write up is long. I suspect mama peace proposed to my oga at the climax. Since it is so, let the women start proposing after all they claim that what a man can do, a woman can do better.
grin chai u wicked Ooo but it looks so if we examine it critically :-0 :0
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by ahamonyeka(m): 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
There is nothing wrong with that.is only here in nigeria that our things are always differgwsent.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by CaptPlanet(m): 5:22am On Mar 08, 2015
kastonkastrol:
is cool.... is high time women start doing the toasting.. The girl i will eventually marry will be the one that will toast me, take me out on dinner dates and finally propose to me...

Ok. Don't complain when ure asked to do the dishes, cook, clean, wash nappies, buy food stff and grind pepper.
Infact, she'll impregnate u too...
Re: Is It Wrong For A Lady To Propose To A Man? by aziddam1001(m): 11:27am On Mar 08, 2015
what if the guy is a color blind type such that instead of seeing green he saw red?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? / All For The Beach Party With A Cute Girl - Photos / Can You Hug And Kiss Your Lover In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.