Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,922 members, 7,890,046 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:21 AM

Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot (833 Views)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / I Am In Dire Need Of Help. Typhoid Wants To Ruin Me. / I Like Taking Sugar, Just Cant Help It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by life4all: 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2009
To medical experts in the house (or anyone with a clue),

Pls, is there any thing like exercise, particular nutrient, drug or otherwise that can be used to enhance one's height?

I'm short and it bothers me a lot.

I am like 4.5 ft in height. Infact, if its just to be 5 ft, its ok by me.

Any suggested solution please?
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by nana(f): 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2009
How old are u?
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by chyk91(m): 11:11pm On Jan 13, 2009
i was gonna ask the same uestion, so answer first before i can give an answer.
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by life4all: 10:26am On Jan 14, 2009
Thanks to nana and chyk91.

I'm 24 years old, a female.
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by chyk91(m): 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2009
o.k u are 24 years old, i doubt if u can still grow, cos growth stops at about 18years of age, i seriously dont think there is anything u can do, but pls seek other opinions. take care.
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by Sissy3(f): 9:20am On Jan 15, 2009
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by sunnym(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2009
eat more of beans and fish, i bet u you will add some inch
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by MaiSuya(m): 10:56pm On Jan 15, 2009
@poster, I truly sympathize with you, however, I think the earlier you come to terms with your height, the better. At your age there are no drugs or nutrients that can lead to an increase in your height. This is manly because the part of your bone that is responsible for growth elongation effectively 'shuts down' after the age of about 16 -18; for males it may last till his early 20's.

The you tube video posted by Sissy contains some good stretch exercises, but may add at most 0.5 to an inch to your height; the 1-2 increase as was claimed is, in my view, unrealistic,
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2009
At 24 there's nothing you can do again, your growth plates wont grow anymore. you're female so half of your problems are solved already. Take heart and enjoy your life.
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by chyk91(m): 11:55pm On Jan 15, 2009
i think u should come to terms with ur height sha, i dont think anything can be done. take care.
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by Ben13: 10:17am On Jan 16, 2009
remain like that and keep praying
Re: Can You Be Of Help? It Bothers Me A Lot by sunnykiss(m): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2009
embarassedOl boy you complain full cup ooo just bcause of height , you wan be like Shaquille, take hormone.ok, lol

(1) (Reply)

Wat Will I Do Be Slim And Physically Fit / What Can I Do Put On Weight And Tall / Women - Correct Your Body Image And Start Loving Your Body Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.