Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,779 members, 7,945,442 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe (20677 Views)

Balarabe: Why The North Has Never Allowed Nigeria To Have Peace, Unity, Progress / North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule / Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by makzeze: 9:14am On Mar 09, 2015
N
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Pangea: 9:16am On Mar 09, 2015
These are the people deceiving jonathan!
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by AIZubair(m): 9:16am On Mar 09, 2015
Okupe - Cobweb brain

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by TI1919(m): 9:17am On Mar 09, 2015
grin grin grin

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by QuotaSystem: 9:19am On Mar 09, 2015
MrEverest:
Absolute truism!! I wonder if the abokis have thinking faculty at all. Buhari is officially 72 years, rumours have been flying around that he is far from being healthy, his frail appearance also leds credence to someone, that aside from age related ill-health, is suffering from some terminal disease. People who fail to learn from history are condemned to suffer a repeat of it. Yaradua is still fresh in our minds & the instability caused by his not unexpected demise is still rocking the Nigerian state today!! If the rumours of Buhari's ill health is true & he does a yaradua on us again, will the north accept Osinbajo who would be constitutionally backed to take over?? The Yorubas know this & are cunningly praying for it but the Hausa/Fulani, in their desperation reclaim Aso rock asap, seem to have lost their reasoning & objectivity. Sentiments aside, the north stands to gain with GEJ who will definitely handover to a young & virile northerner & all to loose should they go ahead & support a very risky & uncertain Buhari who may not be able to even complete his first tenure judging from the complex & demanding nature of Nigeria. Sule Lamido will be the ideal man for them & all Nigerians come 2019. A stitch in time saves nine!!!

An Igbo man trying to advice a northerner on how to be President grin grin

1. What makes the toad imagine that the North can be denied Presidency in 2019 if it fails now. Has he forgotten who holds the political aces in this country?

2. The North's silence at the moment is strategic. Don't be fooled, they're watching keenly. Study your history.

3. You, and everyone on earth, can die before Buhari. It was 78 year old OBJ that was doing acrobatics on the field the other day.

5 Likes

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by free2ryhme: 9:22am On Mar 09, 2015
This man must be self medicating himself, I hear he is a doctor. He is still,harping on tribe and region, he still dosent get it, Nigerians want your man out, he is clueless.

Who would you trust with your wallet, Buhari or Jonathan? That's the real question Nigerians are asking, and the resounding answer is General Buhari!

8 Likes

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by emeka2847: 9:24am On Mar 09, 2015
This useless man doesn't know that it is no longer about north and south. Or Christiansingles and Muslims. We have moved beyond that.

3 Likes

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by espn(m): 9:25am On Mar 09, 2015
OLADD:

By March 28 and April 11, you will know how politically influential Yoruba Obas are. Be that as it may, Buhari wll never win southwest. Mark my words.
very influential indeed..i see..dats why oni of ife was able to deliver Osun state to PDP..i laugh in hindu vs PEJS grammar.

4 Likes

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by fkaz(m): 9:26am On Mar 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Apart from the Ooni, which other prominent Yoruba King has been hanging out with the PDP?

You people don't know crap about the hierachy the Obas ooo.

The Ewi of Ado hates Fayose
The Deji of Akure does not want to see Mimiko
The Awujale is Tinubu's pal
The Oba of Lagos is well....lmao
The Alaafin even donated to the APC
The Onibadan

Name Obas in Yorubaland that are more influencial than these ones

And what is your point? Did you read my post b4 quoting me?
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Aarewa: 9:29am On Mar 09, 2015
This old man called Doying had gotten it wrong for long becos.all the names:Omololu Olulonyo,PA Ricjard Akinjide &Gen.Adebayo are one way or the order PDP sympathisers.Moreso,they are not vibrant or sessional politicians,that the S.W needs this time.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by anonimi: 9:30am On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

What Tinubu has achieved for the SW politically, all the names you put up there cannot match in ten years to come.

Tinubu it was who delivered SW from the claws and fangs of PDP

Are you for real

Tinubu who denied yorubas the #4 position in Nigeria of Speaker for a bowl of porridge stomach infrastructure to his slave masters, abi?

Maybe you need to look at how Jonathan/PDP won convincingly in south west + Edo states in 2011 before spilling rubbishh again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by talktofemi: 9:31am On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:
You're talking from a position and calculation of PDP and their arrangements.

What Tinubu has achieved for the SW politically, all the names you put up there cannot match in ten years to come.

Tinubu it was who delivered SW from the claws and fangs of PDP who would have continued to rule us like slaves just as Akala in Oyo, Gbenga Daniel in Ogun, Fayose in Osun and Omisore in Ekiti then. All these names LOOTED their state without mercy.

An average Yoruba thinks and act independently, not by what one Oba or Adebayo tells him. If Tinubu fails Yorubas today, we will show him through our votes.

And you conveniently leave out Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Patricia Eteh...etc? Of course they are saints...?

And Tinubu protected Lagos treasury with mercy...?

Hypocrites...

Omisore never rule Osun yet so how did he looted the Osun treasury?
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Bimpe29: 9:31am On Mar 09, 2015
I'm wondering how some people just open mouth and talk rubbish! Okupe, you aren't God to say; Buhari can't win, and if he wins he can't go beyond a single term of 4 years. And, who are you to say Tinubu is not a leader of South West? You must be kidding for your disclosures!
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Jarus(m): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2015
Mumu. Who is Olunloyo, Akinjide, Gen Adebayo in SW poltics of today?

Even Aregbesola, Tinubu's mere protégé, wields more more influence than these old men.

No Yoruba politician wields half Tinubu's influence today and Jonathan himself knows that.

Do you think if Jonathan had Tinubu on his side he would have exerted these efforts on the SW, going round in final minutes to woo other SW stakeholders?

8 Likes

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by fkaz(m): 9:33am On Mar 09, 2015
itetemi:

you dey mind the clowns,even the soun of osogbo

Look @ this dumbo calling someone clown, he don't even know the reason why mynd44 quote me
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 09, 2015
Is not compulsory that president must go second term. Mandela spent 1 term, Mbeki didnt finish his term but have more respect than Zuma.
Besides we have 88 years old president of Tunisia and Tunisia is more organised and prosperous in terms of infrastructure than Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by goldman777: 9:34am On Mar 09, 2015
why wont indomie brain okupe shut up or get sacked making d label clueless stick to gej administration is sule lamdo and muazu not pdp card holders or have they miscalculated by joining pdp lolz

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by MOG1D1: 9:35am On Mar 09, 2015
Is not just the North that miscalculated, the APC failed woefully in making Buhari their presidential aspirant. This is why all responsible groups in Nigeria endorsed GEJ.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193753_groupsendo_jpeg999851bc24f1f849468a9d735c5da2c2
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by PassingShot(m): 9:36am On Mar 09, 2015
talktofemi:

And you conveniently leave out Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Patricia Eteh...etc? Of course they are saints...?

And Tinubu protected Lagos treasury with mercy...?

Hypocrites...

Omisore never rule Osun yet so how did he looted the Osun treasury?

I only gave examples!

Thank you.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by talktofemi: 9:38am On Mar 09, 2015
espn:
very influential indeed..i see..dats why oni of ife was able to deliver Osun state to PDP..i laugh in hindu vs PEJS grammar.

Influential or not, if you observed the recent gubernatorial election in Osun there is a paradigm shift in the voting pattern. Jonathan will have considerable more votes than in the 2011 Election. Admittedly he is not winning Osun.

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by vision2022: 9:39am On Mar 09, 2015
Okupe's trash again, let me tell you if you don't know, those Oba's have no political influence on the people, his boss has been wasting billions of Dollars that is belongs to Nigerians to these OBA'S thinking that he has gotten it wright, he will be disappointed on that day.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by CyberWolf: 9:40am On Mar 09, 2015
Mynd44:

I sit down and wonder where people get what they say/think from.

I look at the picture of the so-called blessings and I was sad.

1. The Ooni is the only Oba anyone recognises

2. Yoruba kings don't bless with their staff!!!. They bless with their Horsewhip (Irukele). The staff is used to enforce an order, summon, curse and banish. I can't have a Ypruba man point a staff at me and tell me he is blessing me. the Ooni is either playing a dangerous game or he does not know
so you believe in that shi:t called cause or blessing? grin...I laugh at you..GEJ will win this election..Mark my words or you wanna bet? wink..let's bet 500k.. wink

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Etruth: 9:41am On Mar 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Apart from the Ooni, which other prominent Yoruba King has been hanging out with the PDP?

The Onibadan

Heart attack for the Clueless TANoids.....Pls let's observe a moment of silence over the demise of the PDP

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by talktofemi: 9:42am On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

I only gave examples!

Thank you.

Yes of course, just examples...

A case of being good for the goose but not for the gander, perhaps?

Have a great day.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Utchman1: 9:42am On Mar 09, 2015
Ruling Nigeria is not baton changes between North and South. Let the best person and party do the job at any time, we do not care what part of the country the person is from.

Please get this into your head and stop telling us what is best for north or south. We are talking of ruling of the county and not ruling North or South.

2 Likes

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by oladele97: 9:44am On Mar 09, 2015
OLADD:

By March 28 and April 11, you will know how politically influential Yoruba Obas are. Be that as it may, Buhari wll never win southwest. Mark my words.

The political infleutential oba we have in yoruba is not Oni of ife (if not Omisore will have win osun) and is not Soun of ogbomosho....one thing you don't know is that Alafin and oba of ileasha can never support Jonathan
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by jeffereychais: 9:46am On Mar 09, 2015
I believe some of you must like the game called runescape, I find a really great website they sell really cheap Runescape Gold, I always buy gold from their site, It may help you get some good items in the game, if you want more information about their gold, pls visit this site : Cheap RS Gold If the admin see this massage, pls keep this massgae for few days, thanks smiley
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by tundemogba12(m): 9:53am On Mar 09, 2015
At what age did late Nelson Mandela became the president of South Africa?
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by dulux07(m): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2015
OLADD:

Continue deceivin ursef, voters r 18yrs n above, whch means they r old enuff to decide on their own regardless of any obas, how many r d obas compared to d yoruba populatn, d only influence they can make is to assist pdp in electn riggin. Yorubas voted out pdp n voted in Apc in their states xcept for ekiti were it was rigged. We have woken up, n will nt allow any political/ greedy oba to influence our vote.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by dre11(m): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2015
Mynd44:

The Onibadan

Thank you
Even the oba of ijesha land hates PDP
We all know who the Ila of orungun is for

These guys don't know how enlightened the Yoruba race is. We vote base on conviction and not on deception

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by OLADD: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

It is not a soothing epistle. Refuse to be a local champion and feed yourself with hard facts from average Nigerians on the streets. It's quite disturbing that your stance is certain when the person you want to vote for is jittery. Jonathan has visited the S/W severally during this elections. He understands that the North is lost to GMB already and his only chance of survival is the S/E and the S/W. The S/S is awfully divided against him he's not even banking on his own region, all thanks to Amaechi and Oshiomole. You might not really know this to be true if you stay in a place. Mynd44 mentioned the names of some of the Obas I didn't mention and you still believe it's a fable. GEJ would not have visited the S/W repeatedly if he had not seen the hand writing on the wall.

There's no point for lenghty arguement. May God keep us till March 28 and beyond.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by espn(m): 10:00am On Mar 09, 2015
talktofemi:

Influential or not, if you observed the recent gubernatorial election in Osun there is a paradigm shift in the voting pattern. Jonathan will have considerable more votes than in the 2011 Election. Admittedly he is not winning Osun.
paradigm shift u say? Don't get it twisted. Omisore is from ife that was why he got that level of vote.. the presidential election is a diff ball game.. d Jan 1st subsidy removal saga is still fresh in our heart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boss Mustapha Unveils N64m Website, Says Critics Not Govt’s Enemies / 2023 Presidency: Ndume Rejects Lawan, Says It’s Turn Of The South / Achebe's Civil War Memoir's Invitation For Fresh War — CPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.