Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,931 members, 7,942,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 08:01 AM

First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? (3004 Views)

Urgent!!! Please which of the Federal Government Jobs Should I Take? / Bua Groups Or Globacom Which Is Better? / Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by shaq32: 10:08am On Jan 14, 2009
I am thinking of taking up an offer with First Bank though still in their final interview stage. What is their salary structure like from entry to SBO  as i am an experienced hand and pushing for SBO level. Am not too sure about Globacom cos of the funny stuffs i hear there as in they dont treat their staff well undecided
I will appreciate if pple can give me their honest opinions
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by bechex(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2009
Hi i dont really know much about both companies, but i can say a little about both industries.

I recently left the Banking Industry for the Telecomms industry and all i can say is that My Life has taken a turn for the best. i am far less stressed, i have more time for Myself, I now leave my house after the sun has risen and i get home before the sun sets.

It all depends on what you want as a person, although my move to the telecomms industry meant more pay, but i could have gotten far more if i moved to another Bank cause i had the relevant experience and qualifications to back it.

I was just tired of Banking stress and doing a job i was not happy about.

I hope i have not confused u more, and i hope more people can help u with more convincing advise, but as far as i am concerned, its not always about the money, its all about job satisfaction which emmanates from ;
1 The Job function- U must like what u do or else its not worth it, as u will spend more time in the office than with ur Family ( sometimes weekend inclussive).
2. Having Time for myself - I am career driven and my new job allows me the time to study for my professional Exams.

Wish u all the best
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by shaq32: 4:04pm On Jan 14, 2009
Thanks it helped but from what i have gathered from a couple of friends here and there they say First Bank is not as stressful as new generation banks and i have really heard some scary stuff about Globacom. I heard MTN and Zain are pretty structed but in Glo its a different story. Anybody in First Bank or Globacom in the house
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by Cristalz(f): 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2009
I'm in neither of both places, but I know the gist about First Bank not being as stressful as new generation banks is not entirely true. Why else would they do 'Save and Win' promo(still on I think) and send their marketers out to look for money just like every other bank?

Banks are very competitive now, and I doubt First Bank's just sitting pretty. Don't be deceived dearie,bank stress is the same wherever you go.

As for Glo, this is the first I'm hearing of poor treatment of staff. . .I'll put my feelers out and have more info for you on that real soon though. . .
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by tkb417(m): 8:27am On Jan 15, 2009
Glo and FBN are just some crappy place

get oceanic or etisalat or sumfn

i dunno what SBO earns in FBN or but at oceanic i think its 9m. for FBN maybe ull divide that by 2 or sumfn grin
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by mexismic: 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2009
my advice as an experienced staff is to go 2 first bank except ofcourse if glo is not givin u customer care, if u hear dem mention CC(cust. care) pls run cos wen u start ur career in d bank it'l b much easier to move to a higher payin bank
most importantly, take it to God if u belive in HIM
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by stefanu(m): 6:21pm On Jan 15, 2009
Don't allow anyone to deceive you that FBN is not stressful, the stress is still there. I heard somethin like that before joining the bank. it all boils down on your supervisor and your job function. While some other units in my
Dept close around six, i still close liek seven- eight daily and at work like 3 saturdays a month. SBO in FBN earns 4.2m.
It all depends on where you are coming from, and what your definition of job satisfaction is.
All thesame, it is still a place to make a career. Wishing you the best.
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by shaq32: 9:31am On Jan 16, 2009
The truth is that for both companies i am being interviewed for their TRAINING unit. FBN SBO is 4.2m/annum. Does it come with any benefits or is that the total package? Should be meeting with FBN late next week so i will keep u all updated. As for Globacom it seems that everything there goes thru their CHAIRMAN so its on hold for now till i can see him.
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by babakng: 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2009
My brother,
Just Pack ur bag and move straight to first bank.It is far better than Glo especially if they get to post you to marketing.Your salary might be performance based especially in this age of telecom saturation, though a good brand it could be hard my brother.Oceanic looks rossy at the beginning but ur promotion soon gets stagnated once you are confirmed. I have a boss who's been on one level for the last 5 years. Though it might help if you are well connected.Best of Luck.
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by Jarus(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2009
Glo was one of the companies I used to dream when I was about finishing University, but now I hate the company more than shit. A very close friend of mine that worked there had to resign just after 2 months. He complained of lack of structure, poor treatment of staff. Imagine an First Class, award-winning Chartered Accountant following truck around in the name of stock or whatever they call it. He told me he didn't have an office,no computer system.That was teh type of job he was doing. He was earning about 177k take-home per month though, but he didn't like the job. He had to resign and got offers from Oando and GTB, but chose GTB.

I think Finance Dept is not well structured in the company. Only experience hires, I guess, can enjoy the job. But their pay is OK, if you don't mind.
First bank: The last time I heard about their pay was early last year and it was said to be about 104k per month entry level. I have also heard the bank is stress-free, but generally I know little about the bank.
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by yewwy(f): 12:26pm On Jan 23, 2009
dont know if this might be coming a bit late.i work presently with first bank and il tell u that first bank is far better dan other banks or globacom.though people feel its a an old bank but i can testify its better and though their pay might not be as much as other banks but its less stressful and work condusive.u dnt ve to run here nd their to meet target at the deteriment of loosing thr jobs.working in FBN IS cool at least i go home for 5pm.though am at the head office o.
Re: First Bank Or Globacom Which Should I Take? by shaq32: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2009
thanks for your views. it has really helped alot. had interviews at first bank this week andthe working environment really looked cool. pple working there were working at a human pace grin. Jarus tanx for the warning. was at Glo also and they are offering customer service tongue. heard that side is a dead end. anyone has an idea how much they pay for BO level cos thats what i am asking for?? they do quite alot of interviews there. done 6 at the moment and counting. hope i get the job there. yewwy would appreciate if u can assist here as u r an insider wink

(1) (Reply)

Mp Infrastructure Calls For Aptitude Test / BEST LEAFLETS, FLYER, STICKER & POSTER DISTRIBUTION AGENCY IN LAGOS, NIGERIA / Why You Should Pick A Career And Study In Harvard University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.