Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,018 members, 7,896,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:24 AM

FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn (19565 Views)

Osinbajo Receives 2017 Budget From National Assembly / Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal / Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by prophetfire: 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2015
Inasmuch as I dnt like buhari,I ll vote for him.let Jonathan go.he has messed it up here terribly.

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by coldFLARES1(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
Controlled:

100 gbosas n 10 orijins for my head.... grin grin...9jerians do not know what a disaster Janadaft has been given how much he has squandered...... grin grin...and to allow him back with less than half of the country's earning to do more is surely goin to be a tragic comedy....... grin grin grin...I laff in chinese.....chingpongchingpongching.... grin

second river Naija bridge dem go wait tire..... grin grin
Better put: Igbo people go do the 2nd missionary journey to reach their 2nd Niger Bridge.

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by cjrane: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Unless we privatize these highways to companies that will maintain them all year round for a toll, we are wasting our time thinking the Federal government has the resources to continue to build and maintain Nigeria's vast federal highways nationwide.

Just as telephones started working again after we privatized that sector after many years pretending to be adding lines to Nitel. We must do exactly the same thing with federal highways.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Oiselenjakhian(m): 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by hardywaltz(m): 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Bross b4 U comment like this it pays to do a bit of researxh into how grown narions do these things.Ie in England most rd projects arw govt/private venture.even wen mega slretailers want to build new oitlet the are made to build infastructure arround the area.it might include new houses schools or rd.So I believe this is what to adopt and trusr me it works .Look at the M60 built by govt private in the west midlands.it takes yu 2 hrs less to get to manchester if u gi fru it and its tolled.I can give U more examples where these scheams wrk
Shut up ur mouth and stop trying to sound intelligent.

Compare Nigeria with other undeveloped countries and war torn countries cos that's where we fit in and leave developed countries like UK & US alone.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Okwori12(m): 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
Anything is possible in Nigeria
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
HopeAlive14:
National Assembly budget should be slashed.

#slashNationalAssemblyBudgetNow

It is to be reduced by 25%

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/178051-national-assembly-to-slash-own-budget.html
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
Bye bye second niger bridge?
for you to claim to be igbo and yet spew this from your mouth is the height of disgust.
Would you really deny your blood kinsmen because of your political affiliation? Really pathetic.
Needless to remind you that the project is private sector driven on a build-operate-and transfer principle. I thought you were more brilliant than this, Obiagelli, YOU FUC.K UP

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
olrotimi:

for you to claim to be igbo and yet spew this from your mouth is the height of disgust.
Would you really deny your blood kinsmen because of your political affiliation? Really pathetic.
Needless to remind you that the project is private sector driven on a build-operate-and transfer principle. I thought you were more brilliant than this, Obiagelli, YOU FUC.K UP

grin

The chap is worried. Budget for works being slashed DOES have the potential to affect ongoing projects...including the bridge.

However....someone else on this thread has allayed his fear....part of the funding will come from outside govt coffers..

Even then.....expect problems with Works project. This has nothing to do with tribe....and everything to do with the fall in oil prices....and our Dutch diseased economy.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

grin

The chap is worried. Budget for works being slashed DOES have the potential to affect ongoing projects...including the bridge.

However....someone else on this thread has allayed his fear....part of the funding will come from outside govt coffers..

Even then.....expect problems with Works project. This has nothing to do with tribe....and everything to do with the fall in oil prices....and our Dutch diseased economy.
God bless you, 120 billion PPP arrangement still has government funding to, 50 billion of which the government has only paid 10 billion.

I don't know what being Igbo or not has got to do with it, it's not like only one tribe will use the road

Cc: olrotimi

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by VolvoS60(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
MadCow1:

But I thought they said our Economy was better than South Africa and even America.. grin

What do you mean we don't have money?

^^^^
grin
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by VolvoS60(m): 4:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
MadCow1:
Jonathans re-election campaign fundraiser has more money (21 billion) than the Federal Ministry of Works has to build new roads (11billion). grin

grin

^^^^
grin grin
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by VolvoS60(m): 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Bross b4 U comment like this it pays to do a bit of researxh into how grown narions do these things.Ie in England most rd projects arw govt/private venture.even wen mega slretailers want to build new oitlet the are made to build infastructure arround the area.it might include new houses schools or rd.So I believe this is what to adopt and trusr me it works .Look at the M60 built by govt private in the west midlands.it takes yu 2 hrs less to get to manchester if u gi fru it and its tolled.I can give U more examples where these scheams wrk

^^^^
grin
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
PassingShot:
Insanity is when you expect a government who failed in managing surplus to be able to manage lean purse.

I concur with you on this one bro, a government that can't manage surplus doesn't deserve continuity. Buhari might not be the brightest but definitely he has a team of intellectuals that are far better than GEJ's clueless gang.Fact!

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by VolvoS60(m): 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
stagger:

Have you ever seen a country where Federal roads are not tolled? All over the world (I am assuming you have travelled to a few places). toll gates are constructed to ensure that road users contribute to the maintenance of roads that they are using. Tolls need to be reintroduced. Pure and simple.

^^^^
Fair point about tolling practices in other countries. But I recall (correct me if I am wrong) that a PDP government - the government of Olusegun Obasanjo - pulled down toll gates on federal roads because that government had 'removed fuel subsidy'. undecided The argument put forward then was that tolling federal roads AND raising pump prices would add up to 'double taxation' for Nigerians. Has the logic changed?

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by VolvoS60(m): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
dp
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by kaboninc(m): 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Of course you are right....but then again....the economic policy of many PDP states and our PDP govt that is in the Villa relies on oil revenues being good.

Now they are not.

In brief....Nigeria needs oil to be at $123 per barrel....before we can meet our financial obligations. Now it is at $60. And the slashing in the budgets.....even the National Assembly's is the result.

And all the sharing that you are complaing about....your PDP states are there too. Or tell me....are PDP states diversifying from oil into innovative industries? Are PDP states getting off resource dependency.

The issue I have with both PDP and APC is that they think....and you too BTW....that hawking resources will save us. Meanwhile....when you sell resources....you become a slave to the international market....which forces you to sell at its price. And if that price is low....sorry for you.

That is why I won't be voting APC or PDP this time. Infact....any Nigerian party that does not have a foolproof plan for getting us resource dependency...whether oil or agric....is not worthy of ruling this country. I don't care.....WHETHER you are PDP, APC or IPPPP. Nigeria must grow up and become innovative. The era of high oil prices is over. Time for some innovation.

So....STOP making this a POLITICAL matter,OK? This is serious....and I hold PDP responsible...because ultimately they are in charge of economic policy.If GEJ wins in March....he better start talking about a Fourth National Development Plan.And he should forget about oil. Oil is a curse.

Whether you vote, or not, Nigeria will have a leader come May 29th. And the collective decision of 66 million voters can either make or mar you. So sitting on the fence, is not a foolproof or safeproof or whatever that you'll be better.

Better take an active interest in the affairs of your country...that's if you're indeed a Nigerian or a JW!
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by kaboninc(m): 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

God bless you, 120 billion PPP arrangement still has government funding to, 50 billion of which the government has only paid 10 billion.

I don't know what being Igbo or not has got to do with it, it's not like only one tribe will use the road

Cc: olrotimi

What project?
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by kaboninc(m): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
prophetfire:
Inasmuch as I dnt like buhari,I ll vote for him.let Jonathan go.he has messed it up here terribly.

Take your vote to the coven or wherever you like. Thats your Civic Responsibility.

Just make sure your convictions are actually grounded on solid foundations - facts and not fictions.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by kaboninc(m): 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
Most people including Obiageli, really do not understand the plight of the ministry.

Too may distortions on this thread and the Media.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by dozzy001(m): 6:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
interesting, what is the essence of this ministry? all they know how to do is get budget submitted and we wont notice anything done
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by theV0ice: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
Truly there's serious fire on the mountain.......
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
kaboninc:

What project?
2nd Niger Bridge
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by VolvoS60(m): 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
It is decision time.

Nigerians have nowhere to hide now. Posters of a certain age will remember the last time the phrase 'austerity measures' was used. Not comfortable times to be Nigerian at all. I sincerely hope the forecasts turn out to be wrong, but the prospects for Nigeria's economy do not look good this year - and that's putting it mildly. There is likely to be intense pain in the short term as private business grapples with high import costs (courtesy of a battered Naira) and FG/state governments struggle to meet their obligations (as a result of lower oil revenues). The layoffs have already quietly begun in the private sector - and as this article shows, government subventions to MDAs are also bound to decline. We may rail against it from now till morning but the torture index is going to go through the roof, particularly for vulnerable, low income groups. The proliferation of firearms (the fallout of the ongoing campaigns by politicians) in the hands of thugs and enforcers will stretch our society to the limit in the coming months. Brace yourselves.

I have observed with some amusement the constant reference on this thread to PPP arrangements in financing infrastructure projects. We have clearly learnt nothing and forgotten nothing. Some of us clearly cannot remember the concession granted by the OBJ administration to Wale Babalakin's BiCourtney in fixing the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. For years, the OBJ administration watched people die angry on that expressway while the so called concessionaire faffed about and claimed certain spiritual? angry forces were behind the inability to deliver. In the end, Messrs OBJ and Babalakin walked free and suffered absolutely no consequences for their betrayal of Nigerians. How is the road being fixed today? What are the terms of the contract? angry

The above example is public-private partnership, PDP style. No accountability, no consequences for negligence, no consequences for failure, nothing.

Nigerians deserve the leadership they have.

3 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by olaoluwajosh: 7:43am On Mar 13, 2015
so what is the possiblity of building the second Niger Bridge for the Igbos?

This GEJ wants to scam us!!
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Collins030: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
This are what happens when wrong people handle some certain positions...Only God will help This Nation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Stand By Our Story On El-Rufai’s N90 Billion Worth - The Union Editor / Military Destroys Illegal Refineries In Okrika, Rivers State (photos) / Five APC Power Blocs Battle For Control Ahead Of 2023 Presidency Poll

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.