Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,133 members, 7,890,812 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:10 PM

He Needs Advise From Experienced Farmers. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / He Needs Advise From Experienced Farmers. (520 Views)

Badagry Farmers Dance While Hanging On Bamboo Stick (Photos, Video) / Needs Advise / POULTRY FARMERS IN ABUJA NEEDED TO WORK WITH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Needs Advise From Experienced Farmers. by BluePearls(m): 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
Dear all, i sincerely need your advise. I intend starting a farming business, but at the moment stuck with decisions.
1. Is it a advisable to take a loan to start a farming business? if you are for or against, please give reasons.
2. Is there any institution, individuals, or government agencies, which offers soft loans to intending farmers?
3. I intend starting livestock (piggery) and plantain farming, am i making the right choice?
4. What is the least amount needed for starting either business?

Thanks for your sincere input.
Re: He Needs Advise From Experienced Farmers. by TheUnbeatable(m): 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2015
BluePearls:
Dear all, i sincerely need your advise. I intend starting a farming business, but at the moment stuck with decisions.
1. Is it a advisable to take a loan to start a farming business? if you are for or against, please give reasons.
2. Is there any institution, individuals, or government agencies, which offers soft loans to intending farmers?
3. I intend starting livestock (piggery) and plantain farming, am i making the right choice?
4. What is the least amount needed for starting either business?

Thanks for your sincere input.
Starting agric business with loan is very dangerous because agriculture business is risky if not well planned. Apart from that majority of commercial banks don't give agriculture loans and if they do the interest rate is outrageous.
Your choice of business is good. Both is less risky but the gestation period for piggery business is 2 years. After that, you can start ripping the benefits. Can you wait?
You can start with atleast N50k-100k depending on several factors.

(1) (Reply)

Who Want To Sell A Second Hand Tractor Or Used One / I Need Help On Agricultural Processing Business. / Vacancy In A Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.