Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,729 members, 7,905,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 04:20 PM

Macon Woman Hosts Prom Dress Giveaway - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Macon Woman Hosts Prom Dress Giveaway (641 Views)

Beautiful Prom Dress For African Queen || Ankara Styles || Women Dresses / Long Red Chiffon Prom Dress For Ladies / What Happened When This Teen Was Bullied Over Prom Dress Shut Them Up Instantly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Macon Woman Hosts Prom Dress Giveaway by fionana: 2:32am On Mar 11, 2015
Prom night is meant to be a fun night, but the bill can add up quickly.

One young woman took that into her own hands Saturday by hosting a free prom dress giveaway.

Amaris Hawkins started collecting gently used cheap petite prom dresses a few weeks ago.

The number of donations was up to about 150.

On Saturday, Hawkins says about 30 girls came to pick out a free dress at Covenant Life Cathedral.

She says paying for a dress, hair and makeup on top of college application fees and senior dues could rob girls out of their chance to attend prom.
"I wanted to create an opportunity for young girls to have one less worry their senior year, so we decided to do a dress drive to offset the cost for senior prom," Hawkins said.

Hawkins says no one walked out of the dress drive empty-handed.

She plans to schedule another dress drive in the near future to give away the leftover dresses.

Re: Macon Woman Hosts Prom Dress Giveaway by Godmother(f): 2:49am On Mar 11, 2015
Very commendable of her. This lady won't know the good she has done to a lot of these girls. May God's blessing also search her out when she needs it.
Re: Macon Woman Hosts Prom Dress Giveaway by hadassah007(f): 7:20am On Mar 13, 2015
Hi Fiona for your wedding planning I have a promo package I'm running, you can contact me on 08102735606 or send a mail at eventsbybellaltd @gmail.com. let me help you save cost!

(1) (Reply)

Debby FM Micellar Lotion / Buy With Little Moni And Pay On Delivery / Zendaya Channels 'fierce Fairy Princess'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.