Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,312 members, 7,887,928 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:39 PM

I Am Ready To Vote. But Who Should I Vote For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Ready To Vote. But Who Should I Vote For? (777 Views)

Dino Melaye To Senate: "I Changed My Name & I Am Ready To Tender The Affidavit" / Jonathan To Buhari, I Am Ready For Probe. / Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Ready To Vote. But Who Should I Vote For? by socialmediaman: 4:20am On Mar 11, 2015
Folks, help me put mouth inside this matter, i need answers.

Is it Muhammadu Buhari?

1. Who will end up bringing back an imbalance in the public service with southerners being kicked back into the background?
2. Who doesn't have a track record for good economic management policies in terms of diversifying the economy? I mean, if he meets an empty treasury tomorrow, then we're going to witness another 1984 era where stiff handed measures rather than aggressive economic management policies were being used to checkmate inflation
3. Who would not point to any serious academic qualifications since he was ousted from government in 1985? Even OBJ was seen going back to school after he left government, he has credit to some a book or two written from experience through the years. Where has he gained a better experience on how to manage a fast growing economy such as Nigeria? He stopped the building of Lagos rail system because the money for the project was going to be borrowed, so people who use loans to do businesses are wrong, even if the businesses are viable?
4. I just don't get it, what is his economic strategy? Where is your economic team? Who are your advisers? I remember when Atiku contested election in 2011, he was equipped with a team, and though Nigerians didnt trust his sincerity in terms of fraud management, he proved that he was in tune with the evolving world in Nigeria. So who are Buhari's team? What are we expecting in the next 4 years? If for instance Buhari meets an empty treasury like is being anticipated, its possible he'll spend the next 4 years repeating 1984 in front of our very eyes.
5. What will be the fate of some of Goodluck Jonathan's good initiatives, like YouWin, SuRE-P et al? Its obvious some of these projects have been turned into milking cows for politicians because of a lukewarm Mr Presdent, but being that the hope and daily bread of many Nigerians are hanging on these projects, what will be their fate if a Buhari presidency emerges?

Is it Goodluck Jonathan?

1. Who is playing God on Nigeria. I mean, only God pardons and reinstates a common criminal, and Mr President would do same for corrupt politicians and those who embezzle our collective wealth, one of the most heinous crimes in some parts of the world, like China.

2. Who has emptied our treasury trying to give us what we asked for; a better transportation and rail system? We asked, and he gave it to us, only then did we realize that Freetown is very expensive.

3. Who focuses on the least of priorities of this nation, i mean, who chases rats when his house is on fire? We were taught to focus on courses with high credit units in school, but our president will leave courses with 4 credit units and focus on courses with 1 credit unit. He feels nigerians are lamenting too much about harsh economic situations, and perhaps maybe its even the opposition fueling the anger, therefore he cares less. Do you remember the 6 year single term issue? The subsidy removal? The immigration job scam? The insurgency in the north? even the current devaluation of the currency that has practically increased cost of goods and services?

4. Whose promises or words mean nothing to, absolutely unpresidential in most instances. When he says he is committed to fighting corruption, you know he's just being devious. He promised to build refineries after partial removal of subsidy, he promised to run for only one term (If he had fulfilled this promise, PDP could have produced a better candidate and APC wouldn't have been an option for many), He promised the insurgency would be a thing of the past many times, only for us to realize close to the elections that it was possible if he had kept his promises. Now he's promising heaven on earth if re-elected, he promised to create millions of jobs, i cant keep count anymore.

5. Whose administration has been financially reckless and summarily corrupt. There is virtually no difference between this government and previous corrupt governments that we have witnessed, the only difference this time is that the president tolerates it and publicly says so, i cant say more about this, i know my readers already know

So, i am confused, folks,WHO DO I VOTE FOR?
Re: I Am Ready To Vote. But Who Should I Vote For? by lordizak(m): 5:45am On Mar 11, 2015
buhari regime recorded the best exchange rate $1 is less than 5k, tackled inflation by 20%, I wonder where you people get ur facts though.. about schooling- the guy is very qualified, he is reservoir of knowledge, jona may know about animals as much as buhari knows security..... vote for change.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ready To Vote. But Who Should I Vote For? by bewla(m): 6:35am On Mar 11, 2015
u say it before u no it who come first in ur writing
Re: I Am Ready To Vote. But Who Should I Vote For? by socialmediaman: 6:54am On Mar 11, 2015
lordizak:
buhari regime recorded the best exchange rate $1 is less than 5k, tackled inflation by 20%, I wonder where you people get ur facts though.. about schooling- the guy is very qualified, he is reservoir of knowledge, jona may know about animals as much as buhari knows security..... vote for change.

Yes i understand that he tackled inflation, how? By sending soldiers to force market prices down? That, to me, doesnt really qualify as a good measure to tackle inflation, its a forced measure, and that may explain why there were rejoicing on the streets in many quarters when he was overthrown. Is he going to repeat that again? See what i wrote earlier "where stiff handed measures rather than aggressive economic management policies were being used to checkmate inflation"

In a democratic society, the government tackles inflation by coming into the market, for instance, if real estate becomes expensive, they might bring in investors or invest in real estate themselves to crash market prices, rather than using force on market sellers who may be dealing with anticipated economic situations.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ready To Vote. But Who Should I Vote For? by idu1(m): 6:55am On Mar 11, 2015
Vote for change....
Re: I Am Ready To Vote. But Who Should I Vote For? by lordizak(m): 7:12am On Mar 11, 2015
socialmediaman:

Yes i understand that he tackled inflation, how? By sending soldiers to force market prices down? That, to me, doesnt really qualify as a good measure to tackle inflation, its a forced measure, and that may explain why there were rejoicing on the streets in many quarters when he was overthrown. Is he going to repeat that again? See what i wrote earlier "where stiff handed measures rather than aggressive economic management policies were being used to checkmate inflation"

In a democratic society, the government tackles inflation by coming into the market, for instance, if real estate becomes expensive, they might bring in investors or invest in real estate themselves to crash market prices, rather than using force on market sellers who may be dealing with anticipated economic situations.
you are so laid back, he never did that. vote for gej. u are playing partisan politics.

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Remain The Only Option.... / See Pictures, Lifestyle That Put US Politician In FBI Trouble / Jonathan's Transformation Has Deformed Nigeria-oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.