Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:33 AM

Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) (927 Views)

If You Cook For Your Wife Heaven Will Not Fall!" Nigerian Lawyer Writes / Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 11, 2015
As a married woman, will you use a good meal to win your mother in law over

Or
Will you not even offer any effort to impress?

Re: Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) by channelz: 9:57am On Mar 11, 2015
I'm neither married nor a woman but here's what I think:

Prepare a very good meal, not to impress her per se but to impress your husband by way of regards and respect.

If I happen to be your in-law, and it turns out that I don't like you, I'd be repulsed if you "played to the gallery" by trying so hard to impress me. I would naturally give in eventually when I see you focused instead on impressing and caring for our son, brother...

That's keeping in line with the 'Third-Party-Principle'.

My opinion though, I stand to be corrected.
Re: Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) by Zerzzy: 10:05am On Mar 11, 2015
Am a guy but i will advice her to prepare Indonesia meal for her grin tongue
Re: Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 11, 2015
"Good meal" to win my mother in law over??

Who are you people and what shallow MIL is that? If all it takes to win her over is my cooking skills, then her son hates her. Why not marry a chef or someone that studied food making, why me?

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2015
[quote author=channelz post=31511958][/quote]
It's not about the husband but the MIL.

The issue is trying to impress her with your cooking maybe after all other measures have proved abortive and since it's her first time.....you decided to cease the opportunity.
Re: Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) by channelz: 11:07am On Mar 11, 2015
debolly:

The issue is trying to impress her with your cooking maybe after all other measures have proved abortive and since it's her first time.....you decided to cease the opportunity.

I already gave you my answer which is, no matter what, never opt for: "You not even offering any effort to impress".
Re: Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) by 5minsmadness: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
debolly:

The issue is trying to impress her with your cooking maybe after all other measures have proved abortive and since it's her first time.....you decided to cease seize the opportunity.

We learn everyday.
Re: Can You Cook To Impress?(photo) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
5minsmadness:

We learn everyday.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

An Amazing Read On Women. / Spouse And Bad Dream / New Year Rant!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.