Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,260 members, 7,928,864 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 12:22 AM

Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan (1267 Views)

UNCOMMON KING: Awujale Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan / Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan / Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 12, 2015
ABEOKUTA-The Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Dr. Sikiru Kayode Adetona, Thursday, rejected an overture to endorse president Goodluck Jonathan for second term.

Oba Adetona who paid a host to the President at his palace in Ijebu-Ode during a presidential visit to his palace, urged the President to present his programme to the people of Ijebuland for them to format their opinion on whether to vote him or not. President Jonathan had arrived Awujale palace at 11:15 am in company of the national Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, Adamu Mu’azu, the governor of Bayelsa state, Seriake Diskson, governor of Ondo state, Dr. Segun Mimiko, former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel. Others at the meeting include, the Munister-designate, Musiliu Obanikoro, Chairman , Mobilisation and Organisation committee of the People’s Democratic Party in the South West, Prince, Buruji Kashamu , the PDP governorship candidate in the state, Gboyega Isiaka , PDP leaders as well as some members of All Progressives Congress and Social Democratic Party.

According to Awujale,”In Ijebu here, it is not possible for any Oba, not even in Ijebu, in Yorubaland, to go out and say vote for this, vote for that, that person is looking for trouble, but give them the opportunity to present their programme so that people can make up their minds on what to do, I think this is a very sound democratic principle and that is what I have decided to do, to give you the opportunity of meeting with the people."

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/awujale-rejects-moves-to-endorse-jonathan/#sthash.Hs23uxfW.dpuf
Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by makzeze: 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by mikhaildr(m): 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
Jonathan, perhaps Awujale needed more dollars.
Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2015
”In Ijebu here, it is not possible for any Oba, not even in Ijebu, in Yorubaland, to go out and say vote for this, vote for that, that person is looking for trouble, but give them the opportunity to present their programme so that people can make up their minds on what to do, I think this is a very sound democratic principle and that is what I have decided to do, to give you the opportunity of meeting with the people."

Well said! Most ppl know Gej has been a failure.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by kestolove95(m): 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
Gej wasting tax payers moni bribing in vein

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Shekemba(m): 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
Wisest Oba in Yoruba Land, I trust Awujale, not the Alatenujes, Kade pe lori sir.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by emmatok(m): 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
mikhaildr:
Awujale is more comfortable than your GEJ.
I knew the fearless Oba won't fall for GEJs game.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by danot1030: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
This man has earn more respect from me.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by steppins: 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2015
danot1030:
This man has earn more respect from me.
Abeg, who are you?
Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by futmxconnectn(m): 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2015
This is a unique Oba, unlike those that can do anything for money. Is GEJ expecting the Awujale of Ijebuland to neglect his own kinsman and support others? After all, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is an indegene of Ikene in Ijebuland. Oba S. Adetona is not ready to sell his own blood(Prof. Yemi Osinbajo) for a plate of porrage.

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
Omo! If u see Jonathan face when the Oba was saying this ehn! U go think say somebody pollute the air ni ooo! He didn't expect it.
He has forgotten that GMB slept in the King house in London when he was in UK.
Abeg, forget Jonathan for now.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by slimfit1(m): 11:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
Shekemba:
Wisest Oba in Yoruba Land, I trust Awujale, not the Alatenujes, Kade pe lori sir.

The Oba of my town comes with wisdom not money dumb
Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Jorussia(m): 11:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
I said it here yesterday that in southern Nigeria where I come from, that the traditional rulers have little or no influence on their subjects as regards who they should vote for.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Jorussia(m): 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
[quote author=slimfit1 post=31565787][/quote]I urge you to go and visit a psychiatrist or simply go to the bar beach for spiritual bath, because, for you to be posting the names of the defunct interim excos of APC, when a new one have been put in place for more than six months now,shows that you have a very BIG PROBLEM.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by tonytony208(m): 12:47am On Mar 13, 2015
mikhaildr:

for your information sir, awujale is not hungry.
Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by nakamora: 3:36am On Mar 13, 2015
Awujale kade o pee Lori ki bata pee lese oba .At last GEJ you've heard the truth.Go & collect your monies back from those Baales/Obas.

Take clue from GMB,he is bussy meeting the people without waiting/expecting endorsement from any Traditional ruler,ex-millitant ,ex-criminals,....... grin grin
Re: Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Ijebulogic(m): 10:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
Has the Presidents campaign committee ever researched the connotations of a yoruba Oba hosting a public personality talk less of a President in public rather than behind closed doors? Deep signals have been sent to the voting community already.

(1) (Reply)

Lets RECAP - Which Of The PASTORS Got It Right Or Wrong? / Gunmen Kidnap Five Exxonmobil Workers In Akwa Ibom / $700 Million Raw Cash Found In The Home Of Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-ma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.