Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola (23422 Views)

Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Too Expensive To Run – Adamawa Government / Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Nicklaus(m): 3:52am On Mar 14, 2015
reborn1:

As usual, you resort to attacking the Yorubas over Fasola issue. You yeeboes are just foolish and cursed esp you. You can always make your point without insulting a whole tribe, your senile father should be shot for giving birth to a cursed child like you. Pathetic.
no hard feelings buddy. Fashola is a ba....stard ! Copy that. I love my SWn people.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by attoskoly: 3:52am On Mar 14, 2015
Segeggs:
what he's saying is that the quality of the schools are far below what can empower an individual towards achieving anything meaningful in life. As for your talk on 9 universities, pls post pictures of the universities or keep quiet cos they only exist on newspapers. Check their shoddy websites for confirmation.

I can see that you are so naive. All the universities are fully, gallantly, healthily functional. Much more than most of the first generation universities.
I always said this most lagosians are ok being in Lagos thinking Nigeria starts and ends there. I once had a discussion with one guy at an atm spot concerning how far we have travelled the country, and to my greatest surprise the said: aah! The last time, I travelled as far as ogbomosho(flapping his fingers as if ogbomosho is in uk).
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Nicklaus(m): 4:04am On Mar 14, 2015
No feasible end gains To what end is this And besides who asked him to make account of his acclaimed maintenance allocation Clear hypocrisy! This is the same guy who abandoned rural project and focused on urban project mainly in lagos.
Now instead of appreciating a basic developmental step he is rather condemning it. The guy is a gutless hound!
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by psalmsjob: 5:11am On Mar 14, 2015
dhardline:
Fashola i really like you but the way you are going is really becoming embarassing.please ask yourself this few questions
1. What were the almajiri's doing before the schools were built?
2. What has the northern elite done over the years concerning the almajiri's?
3. Would it have been better if the schools were not built atall and this children be allowed to continue being used as a tool for violence?
4. Has the saying 'no knowledge gained is waste' all of a sudden become null and void because you want to oppose as an opposition that you are?
You sir should know that knowledge frees the mind from mental slavery and we all know that some subjects has been added to their curricculum such as integrated science,maths etc which if this was done about two decades ago there would be a high probability that this issue of boko haram will not exists.
Please sir always try to compare from various angles before you speak.you are not perfect,Gej is not perfect,buhari is not perfect but i'll still vote GEJ cause he made a move to give those children a better life.

Almajiri schools have always existed in the north, so all these buildings that GEJ is branding as achievements is what a Local Government Chairman can do without much ado. Almajiri "school" as it existed in the north from time is more or less an extra moral lesson class which focuses on Islamic religion or Arabic teachings.

It'll have made more sense and achieve better things if the Almajiri "Schools" were integrated into the formal national educational system rather than being segregated as GEJ is now doing because that's tantamount to inbreeding of rebels and segregationists for the future if you critically analyze it.

GEJ is truly the sponsor of Boko Haram directly or indirectly by his actions and in-actions.

Cluelessness can #NeverAgain get part 2. #VoteForBuhari for a President that knows what he is doing!

1 Like

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 14, 2015
Redoil:
Assuming fashola is right then gej should stop building and funding the almajiri school so that their will be more athoumatic foot soldier for BH to actualise their mission. Must this slave call fashola who allways reason through his annus continue to worship and glorify his awusa and fulani slave master even to the detriment of nigeria.
Yoruba people i hail una.

Ur brain is zero. will u allow ur brothers or kids to go to almajiri school? IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THEY ARE TRAINED IN WORKSHOP OR LABORATORIES THAT WILL PREPARE THEM FOR THE FUTURE.

THIS ALMAJIRI SCHOOL OF A THINGS IS TO SCORE SENSELESS POLITICAL GOAL. ALMAJIRI SCHOOL IS TRAINING THESE KIDS TO BECOME FUTURE IMAN THAT WILL POSE A THREAT TO OUR NATIONAL SECURITY IN YEARS TO COME.
THEY TEACH THEM HOW TO READ AND WRITE IN ARABIC, AND THEY IS NOTHING PEACEFUL THAT COME FROM ARABIC LANGUAGE.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Emphany: 7:31am On Mar 14, 2015
Segeggs:
what he's saying is that the quality of the schools are far below what can empower an individual towards achieving anything meaningful in life. As for your talk on 9 universities, pls post pictures of the universities or keep quiet cos they only exist on newspapers. Check their shoddy websites for confirmation.
This people who shout CHANGE are jes useless,i don't fink any of you have a clue of what the CHANGE really means.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Rapzino: 10:16am On Mar 14, 2015
rozayx5:

nice please try and post some pics sometime and silence haters

i can help you do a thread on one
ok bro, we are on break. Just concluded our first semester's exam for the session.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by koladebrainiac(m): 11:36am On Mar 14, 2015
Redoil:
Assuming fashola is right then gej should stop building and funding the almajiri school so that their will be more athoumatic foot soldier for BH to actualise their mission. Must this slave call fashola who allways reason through his annus continue to worship and glorify his awusa and fulani slave master even to the detriment of nigeria.
Yoruba people i hail una.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:05am On Mar 16, 2015
Billyonaire:
From my understanding, Almajiri schools are just like our Primary Schools over here but with Islamic studies and basic maths, science etc. What can a kid do after Primary Education ? Simply put, it is the bedrock for continuation of Education.

Jonathan did not stop at building 150 Almajiri schools, he went ahead to build 9 new Universities in the North in addition to the existing ones, these are also meant for kids that will graduate from the Almajiri schools to seek further education.

I think Fashola has over the years become maligned and unreasonable, sometimes it beats my imagination why a person will hate progress of other tribes. He deported Igbos and Hausas sometimes ago, calling them social nuisance and misfits to Lagos, now he is kicking against Education of the kids in the North by the Federal Government.

The truth in life is, you can make all the money, you can steal all the money, you can buy happiness, but you can not buy a reputation. You build a reputation. Fashola has unfortunately built a biased reputation and even the Yorubas will somehow state clearly that Fashola's legacy has been dwarfed by his senseless vituperation.

After their Primary School education, how will they get to the University and be of help to the society?

That is What Gov. Fashola is pointing out. The President should have developed vocational institution to train them for immediate employment. This will make them beneficial to their society and families.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by kunle75(m): 9:19am On Mar 16, 2015
AreaFada2:

Almajiri schools are meant to combine elements of Western education with their typical Madrasa education in a controlled environment.

Should we leave impressionable youngsters at the mercy of radical clerics to fill their minds with hate for every moderate person including fellow Muslims?
1.4 million people did last JAMB, should people not aspire because we don't have 1.4 million places in uni/poly/monotechnics? Or because all graduates cannot get Shell BP jobs upon graduation?

Did any other president/HoS proffer a better solution to Almajiri issue since 1960?

In all prosperous countries worldwide, are all kids not compulsorily in school up to age of 14 to 16? Failure of previous governments contributed to the huge population Boko can recruit from. Should we not start doing something to prevent similar stuff, 20 years from now?

Or you think it should be all about fire brigade approach of here & now?

You made a point on the Almajiris issue but my main concern is which sector of our society will employ the graduates of those schools when they are through with their education?Abi they will also be thrown into the over saturated labor market? And i don't think such schools are also enough reason to score a cheap political point as i believe education is a right of every kids be it home or abroad,and that's what i think fashola is trying to point out.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by jamace(m): 11:14am On Mar 16, 2015
Fashola is just a basket mouth. His SANhood has not manifest in being. A certificated olodo.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by princejenks(m): 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2015
kunle75:

You made a point on the Almajiris issue but my main concern is which sector of our society will employ the graduates of those schools when they are through with their education?Abi they will also be thrown into the over saturated labor market? And i don't think such schools are also enough reason to score a cheap political point as i believe education is a right of every kids be it home or abroad,and that's what i think fashola is trying to point out.

we are really getting things wrong in this country,there is too much emphasis on paper qualifications, must everyone have a tertiary education? Have you bothered to ask what the graduates of the conventional almajiri system become in adulthood? They are integrated into society as thugs,miscreants, laborers and the likes. Now we are creating almajiri schools to catch them young to reverse this,the gains are many such as having better refined individuals who have a better future with more choices than before. They can learn vocational skills thereafter or be integrated into the formal educational system if they wish to further. Lets commend the effort made so far,more can still be done. As regards saturation of job market,things can be addressed by the creation of more jobs and better environment for biz to thrive,have you been to asia,dont you see how their govt create jobs for their large numbers through industry? Jonathan has to take credit cos previous govts didnt consider doing it,let him blow his trumpet abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo / Ex-militant Escapes Death Over Adoption Of Buhari In Rivers / Nigerian Govt Not Fiscally Transparent, Says U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.