Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,321 members, 7,943,796 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:31 AM

It Is Not Possible For Any Oba To Tell People Who To Vote For – Awujale To Jonat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Not Possible For Any Oba To Tell People Who To Vote For – Awujale To Jonat (335 Views)

It Is Not Possible For Dasuki To Steal $2.2billion – jonathan / What I Tell People Who Twist My First Name, “lai”, To “lie” – Lai Mohammed / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is Not Possible For Any Oba To Tell People Who To Vote For – Awujale To Jonat by BrAkingNews: 2:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
[img]http://www..com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/It-is-not-possible-for-any-Oba-to-tell-people-who-to-vote-for-%E2%80%93-Awujale-to-Jonathan.jpg[/img]

It is not possible for any Oba to tell people who to vote for – Awujale to Jonathan

Oba Adetona who hosted the President at his palace in Ijebu-Ode urged the President to present his programme to the people of Ijebuland for them to form their opinion on whether to vote him or not.

ALSO READ: The gods and ancestors Won’t Let PDP Rule Lagos- Oba Of Lagos

According to Awujale,”In Ijebu, it is not possible for any Oba, not only in Ijebu, but Yorubaland, to go out and say vote for this or vote for that. Whoever does that is looking for trouble. But give the candidate the opportunity to present his programme so that people can make up their minds on what to do. I think this is a very sound democratic principle and that is what I have decided to do, to give you the opportunity of meeting with the people.

“One, they see you as a person, how beautiful you are, whether to engage with you or not, to listen to you and see if there are areas where we can meet, as a result, everybody congregating here, they belong to different groups, they are PDP members, APC members, APGA, they belong to various interests, and when they come, they get to the gate, they shed their togas.

“PDP will remove their PDP, APC will remove their own, APGA will remove their own, they are going to the palace, to meet their ruler, their paramount ruler, to receive that important august visitor who is coming to their land and give him all honour that he is entitled to.

“I am sure over the years, there has been improvement but this election is full of tension, I don’t know how it is so, elections have never been like this. In about 55 years, I have never seen any election that is full of tension and the one we are having now, my prayer is, God should guide us and make sure that there’s peace, harmony and tranquility in the country,” he said.

In his speech, the President pledged to partner with Ijebu sons and daughters in the area of appointment, describing Ijebuland as a great land.

Read more>>> http://www.justyoucht.com/it-is-not-possible-for-any-oba-to-tell-people-who-to-vote-fo/
Re: It Is Not Possible For Any Oba To Tell People Who To Vote For – Awujale To Jonat by mczico: 2:24pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: It Is Not Possible For Any Oba To Tell People Who To Vote For – Awujale To Jonat by TS2(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
With all die respect sir, you made a mistake borne out of your character.

You as the Awujale have spoken based on what "you assume is ideal and is expected to be done". You have spoken well and you have spoken the truth. You have spoken fropm the position of an honourable man.

But for you to say its not possible for any oba to endorse a politician, that one is incorrect because it happens and has happened many times. Akiolu just even did it. I'm now not saying that endorsing a candidate as an oba is bad its just that for traditional rulers, neutrality seems the better option.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: GEJ Gives N5m Each To Families That Lost Loves Ones At 2014 NIS Tragedy / Jonathan / Photos: Gov. Fashola Commissions The New Ultra Modern Oyingbo Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.