Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,459 members, 7,964,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 11:14 PM

My Jamb Ordeal - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Jamb Ordeal (709 Views)

If You Say There Is No God, Let Me Show You My JAMB Result / My Jamb Results :i'm Crying / See My Jamb Result (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Jamb Ordeal by Sirnuel: 9:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
The exams was scheduled to take place by 1:30pm. Some of us arrived as early as 11am, Just to be on the safe side.

We'll waited for the occupants of the hall to round up with theirs, at exactly 1:45pm they were through, and we were asked to stand on a que to thumb print and all the normal searching and all.

At 2:20pm we were all set and ready to kick some Jamb e-test ass, but the story changed when 2 hours later we were still standing outside, due to one technicall problem or the other.

After waiting for what seemed like ages, the problem was resolved and we where asked to go in at exactly 4:20pm, for an exam scheduled to take place by 1:30pm.

We all sat down, inputed our reg number but the systems kept saying invalid reg number and stuffs, the problem was rectified, and the exam commenced.

Few minutes into the exams our night mare began. The server kept giving problems, answer question, ur answer wont be submitted, questions with diagram wasnt even displaying.after answering chemistry, physics, maths and about 81 questions in english, the server and the systems had to be restarted. I almost cried when i found out that the whole question i answered where no where to be found, staring me in the face was a totally different question.

To cut the long story short

at 7pm we were told that the exams has been cancelled due to technicall problems and rescheduled to next friday. Mehn am wasted, angry, tired, and hungry.

Anyways some days are like that.

Btw:this will be my last jamb by the special grace of God Almighty.

Amen!

. We went for the exam on 20/03/2015 By 10am As resceduled

waited for those who started by 6am, to finish, finally we went in to take the exams

we were asked to login and when we did, to our urter dismay the computer was displaying view result.

Which result? Which exam did we write that the system is displaying view result? Everyone was confused.

It turned out the invigilator from Jamb office incharge of the center didnt follow up, to make sure the dates was changed in the headquarters

It was then that the man started making calls, and later collected our registeration slips. Sent the Reg numbers to Jamb office and the problem was fixed

meanwhile all this happened within a time interval of 4hrs or more

we the scape goats have been sitting in the hall, not allowed to go outside, we sat there watching like zombies for 4hrs. Following the threat that anybody caught talking will be walked out of the hall.

At about 4:30pm when we were all stressed out, hungry, thirty and exaughsted, we weres asked to start.

Exams scheduled to hold by 10am is what we were just starting by 4pm.

We started, and same network problem that led to the rescheduling of the exams, hit us again.

I started thinking i was cursed, or maybe one of us had beef with their village witches and the were making sure he fails, or never writes that exam.

The problem continued o, network hangs, answers stops saving, we restart the system continue, 10mins network stops again.

At about 7pm the invigilator asked us to stop, that we should manage the little we've written, that senior officers from Jamb office just
called him that his server has been on for 6hrs and they are shutting it down.

how is that any of our fault??

I checked my result today and what i saw weakened me to the bone

UOE=34 PHY=0 CHE=63 MTHS=55
aggregate =153

it seems most of the answers in use of english didnt save, and nothing saved in physics.

Kai therisgodoooo.

We were made to pay for their inefficiency with an extra year at home.

I wish i had the financial power i would sue them for incompetence and negligence gosh.

Why me?

Am so weak right now, the thought of staying at home, watching my collegues and friends go for post utme, being invited to a friends matric worst of all being asked for my Jamb score scares tha shit out of me.

Its all good tho.
Re: My Jamb Ordeal by Pinkiedearie(f): 9:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
Amen!!..I prophecy into your life that this will be the last you'll ever write in Jesus name!...amen!...btw..this issue na wa o..they should do something about it o..
Re: My Jamb Ordeal by Sirnuel: 6:13am On Mar 14, 2015
Amen my sister.

(1) (Reply)

Stage Fright Issues.. Can You Help? / The Innovative Coalition Of Nigerian Students Visits Motherless Babies Home. / An Unexpected Examination Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.