Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,840 members, 7,889,797 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:59 PM

Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? (738 Views)

"I Won’t Return Until Doctors Are Satisfied" — Buhari / I’m “reasonably Satisfied” With Buhari So Far — Obasanjo / 100 Days: See How Your Governors Performed, And Some Funny Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? by alakaloko(m): 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ahead of the governorship elections 2015 in the majority of states, Naij.com tries to find out whether Nigerians are satisfied with their governors’ leadership, and what pressing issues they would like to see addressed. We’ve collected Facebook comments and messages, reports to info@naij.com, and here’s what our fellow countrymen have to say about their home states.

Kano

Ibrahim Abdulhameed: Kano state, we are proud of our governor, Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, the N°1 Governor in Nigeria.[sic]

Tajuddeen Minjibir: Kano people don’t have to mention what governor Kwankwaso did to our lovely state because his deeds are uncountable. We will really cry for losing your administration, Sir.[sic]

Kogi

Isiak Ahmed Shaib: Kogi state, bad roads and civil servants are paid 50% of their salary every month.[sic]

Peterjegede Mariam Eunice: I am from Kogi State, the worst state in Nigeria where civil servants have been turned into beggars.[sic]

Safiya Muhammed: Kogi state is worse than any other PDP government states. No job, no electricity and abundant poverty. If you are not from PDP you don’t have access to anything that has to do with the government.[sic]

Kaduna

Harry Omo: From Kaduna State, our government has done well, but we need free education in A levels.[sic]

Nurudeen Abefe Idris: I based in Kaduna, Kaduna state governor is just a figurehead.[sic]

Imo

Agba Samuel: Rochas Okorocha, governor of Imo state. Owelle ndi Igbo n’ile we are behind you.[sic]

Rose RosyGreat: I am from Imo state, our governor has done well. Long live our governor, long live APC[sic]

Ewurum Celestine: I am from Imo. The more you look the less you see. No completed roads, no completed hospitals, no completed markets, fake scholarships. The worst governor who controls allocation of 8 billion to the state and allocation of 50 billion to 27 local governments. He desecrates the traditional rulers.[sic]

Nasarawa

Joshua Philip:  I am from Nasarawa state. The governor does his best but the only problem is that he follows the bad advice of bad people. He makes the war break everywhere.[sic]

Godsvine David: I am from Nasarawa state, our governor is trying to do his best, but the problem is that there is killing and fighting among the tribes.[sic]

Ogun

Folorunso Soyinka: I am from Ogun state, Abeokuta precisely, and my able governor is amazing, fantastic, he’s doing a marvellous job in Ogun state, generally in fact is a God sent original servant. Sialekansi!!![sic]

Omoloye Joel: Right here in Agbado, Ogun state, the roads are bad. Though Amosun is trying to put things in place, the work is too slow. So, please, let Ahmosun finish is work here for us to enjoy good roads![sic]

Taovic: Governor Amosun owes Ogun state workers 6 months of cooperative deduction and 46 months of contributive pension. And he’s boasting that they are constructing roads. All Ogun state schools are dilapidated, no water due to roads construction, most shops are destroyed in commercial area and they are not doing anything about it.[sic]

Lagos

Adetula Funmilayo: I represent Lagos and yes, I really enjoy what our governor has been doing.[sic]

Hacorede Lateef: I am from Lasgidi, I really appreciate what our able Governor is doing and what he has done. Long live Nigeria, long live and God bless Lagos.[sic]

Rivers State

Kobani Eric: Rivers State. Nothing is happening here. The worst of it all is the monorail project he’ll soon abandon. Bad roads everywhere, closure of the state judiciary, strike upon strike. It is really terrible over here in Rivers State. Ad he’s a strong advocate of change. You can imagine the type of change, I guess![sic]

Raph Ogbaji: From Rivers state, we have been facing non-payment of salaries for three months now.[sic]

Sarah Nlerum: In my state (Rivers state) teachers are never promoted. Please, tell our governor to promote our teachers so they can be motivated to teach well. Thanks.[sic]

Emmanuel Chijioke: Rivers state governor is the best, an epitome of unity, change and quality leadership. Everything he lays hand on turns to world class, e.g. primary schools, monorail, good roads, electricity, portable water, security, etc. True Rivers man, we love you, please, do not allow them to separate us.[sic]

Anambra

Bertram Ok Chukwu:  Anambra. Minimum wage implementation for civil servants.[sic]

Akaenyi Scholastica Uchechukwu: Willie Obiano is really working well in Anambra state. Kudos to him.[sic]

Ugo Chukwudolue: Anambra. I am not satisfied yet because we are still a bit far from civilization than an average Nigerian. The governor is trying though.[sic]

Niger

Ibraheem Usman Ahmad: I am from Niger state and my governor is the worst of all governors because he has nothing to present to his people for the past 8 years of his administration. I pray for a better change.[sic]

Alhaji Baba Alhaji: I am from Niger. Unfortunately, our achievements are onlyo bill boards & media houses. Empty drum.[sic]

Adin Rufus: I am from Niger. My presido has done well, even though some people said they will make his government ungovernable, he still the best.[sic]

Abia

Ukaegbu Chris Ifeanyi: Abia state. The seat has been vacant since 2007.[sic]

Chukwuemeka Israel: I am from Abia. Nothing has been done in this state since 1999. We need APGA candidate Alex Otti, the incumbent governor is a stumbling block.[sic]

Osun

Yusuf Bukola: Osun. I am not satisfied, he has not paid salaries for five months.[sic]

Badmus Qumoldeen: I am from Osun state, but live in Lagos. The last time i travelled to my state I liked the level of the development that the governor has implemented.[sic]

Ridhhwan Adeyemi: Osun, Aregbesola – good electricity, water, security, urban renewal. The only problem is insufficient allocation from the federal government to pay the workers. Osun A Dara.[sic]

Edo

Dauda Umoru: Edo comrade, we are proud of you.[sic]

Dennis Ahebhoria: I believe my comrade governor has really tried his best within the available resources. However, I wish he could work on the Idum Eko link Road, Ekpon in Igueben LGA of Edo state before he bowls out of office in 2016.[sic]

Oyo

Kolawole Adekunle Ebenezer: Oyo governor is doing his best in all but power. No light in most places.[sic]

Olutayo Akande: I’m from Oyo state. I’m satisfied with my governor, when re-elected he should in addition to what is doing now focus on education and health. Iwaju iwaju lowo ebitiresi.[sic]

Plateau

Samuel Emmanuel: Plateau state. We have bad government in Plateau. Jang has been in the office for 8 years – unemployment, non-payment of civil servant salary for over 4-5 years causing confusion among people of Plateau.[sic]

Zion Shebut: I am from Plateau. We are dying from hunger, our parents are not paid and the man is busy building. He has killed education, in four years my state university have change three VCs. Strikes are all over, and he is saying ”no work, no pay”.  What a heartless man. We need change in Plateau. Now he wants his nephew to succeed him.[sic]

Benue

Akende Daniel: Benue state governor is a disgrace to our political era. It’s only God that will judge him but on our part, PDP won’t win governorship seat in Benue again.[sic]

Amadu Boniface: With deep sorrow in my heart I wish to declare that I am from Benue state. My governor is an embodiment of failure. He is a chronic liar. His words and actions are two parallel lines.[sic]

Enugu

Chibuzor Sly: I love my governor, he is a great achiever. Enugu State kwuenu![sic]

Rita Mohammed: Enugu state? For over 50 years of my existence there were no light, no water, no roads. Anytime I travel home, I see my people suffering and I fill like crying![sic]

Ekiti

Fuatech Konsult: I am from Ekiti. My able governor Ayo Fayose is working well.[sic]

Aladesiun Jide: God bless Ayo Fayose, God bless Ekiti State.[sic]

Delta State

Amos Akporode: For the past eight years, Delta state has been without a governor.[sic]

Henry G Agbuke: I am from Delta state. We don’t have a governor, we only have one criminal called Uduaghan, who have stolen all our money and lavishing on unnecessary things.[sic]

Anie Ashinedu Esther: Delta state. My governor is probably  the most corrupt and selfish governor. See Delta state when former government finish work, God bless Ibori. Uduaghan, God will repay you, no job, no roads, what a man…[sic]

Ebonyi

Echem Favour: There is no state worse than Ebonyi. The old man that calls himself a governor is not doing anything.[sic]

Nwoke Juliet Blossom: I am from Ebonyi state. The Governor has changed the face of Ebonyi state. We call him uncommon transformer, ochi udo gburugburu, etc. Long live Ebonyians! Long live Chief Martin N. Elechi![sic]

Akwa Ibom

Lawrence Edet: What else must I say when we have a governor like this? Akwa Ibom has had a great change.[sic]

Anthony Benedict Udoaka: I’m proudly the resident of Akwa Ibom. Akpabio has done well, but he should channel more electricity and pipe borne water to the rural areas for the benefit of the common man. God bless the land of Cannan.[sic]

Aniekeme Fifa Robson: I am from Akwa Ibom state. My governor Chief Barrister Godswill Akpabio is Turning Akwa Ibom to Heaven on Earth for all of us. We love him very dearly and don’t wish any #CHNAGE.[sic]

Sokoto

Timothy Sarki Jnr: Well, my PDP governor who switched to APC has worked well by constructing good roads, but the issue now is that the light isn’t constant, plus his party supporters/thugs are trying to cause mayhem. Sokoto, APC for life.[sic]

Ahmad Mustapha Sadiq: Proud of my state Sokoto and my government under Dr Dandalin Matawallen Sokoto.[sic]

Bayelsa

Amigo Pere Bolou: I am from Bayelsa. I don’t know if we have a governor or a giant man.[sic]

Alagoa Ebigba: The time is 10:25pm now here in Bayelsa, jamb candidate are still waiting for network to write their papers.[sic]

Cross River

Egor Innocent: #LIYEL-IMOKE is the worst. Cross River is nothing to write about, all he does is staying in Calabar alone as if he is dumb.[sic]

Tracey Sampson: I am from Cross River state. I am really not happy with the government in the academic aspects. The state university (CRUTECH) has been on strike for two months now and no concern has been shown. This is really frustrating.[sic]

Atuo Michael: Cross River. My governor is the best, a secret achiever and a friend to everyone. Imoke for life.[sic]

Jigawa

Aminu Yawale Jahun: I am from Jigawa state. Lot of things have been done. We are proud of Lamido/ PDP ruling.[sic]

Isah Ramin Hudu Hadejia: I am from Jigawa state. I’m not satisfied with the government under Sule Lamido’s running.[sic]

Ahmad Rufai Mohammad: Jigawa state. I will rate my governor among the best performance in Nigeria.[sic]

Kebbi

Abdullahi Bayaro Ibrahim: Kebbi, but we are not happy with this government.[sic]

Ondo

Thompson Titilayo: The pressing issue is the re-accreditation tax fee & other various fees being enforced on all private schools by Ondo state governor.[sic]

Ayeni Oluwasoga Olayinka: Ondo state governor should work on the township roads. They are the worst in the country, especially from Oba lle to Akure,  Araromi and other towns I can’t mention.[sic]

Taiwo Olubukola Aje: Ondo. Health sector, mother and child initiative – 80%, education, free bus shuttle all over the state for students and one mega school per senatorial district – 75%, employment – 20%, road – 70 %,  other sectors – 49.9%. Not enough, we expect more from him.[sic]

Adeyemo Kazeem: I am from Ondo state and I can say that we have a heartless governor. He sucks the state dry of its resources and makes noise on mass media that he is doing well it the state. May The Almighty God help us in Ondo state and bring back the state glory. Amen.[sic]

Katsina

Murtala Dansarai Abdul: I am from Katsina state. My governor performed creditably well during his term of office. We are currently enjoying free education from primary to university level, good roads and free medications to all patients among other things.[sic]

Taraba

Reuben Adams: Danbaba is one of the best governors. Truthfully he has transformed our beloved Taraba state.[sic]

Benmi Apollos: In Taraba state 99.9% of college and degree graduates are unemployed and the governors are buying planes. FG, probe them please.[sic]

Zamfara

Anas Almustapha: About 1,400 workers were employed right after sacking of 8,000 workers said to be ghost workers and others without portfolio. Since May 14, 2014 no salaries have been paid to the newly employed workers even after passing a rigorous interview, screening and exams conducted by the state. Zamfara state.[sic]

Qasim Tahir: It’s now a big job to address the issue of untarred roads in Zamfara.[sic]

Yobe

Baba Garba: Ibrahim Gaidam is the worst governor in the whole world. You hear the news of Yobe only when the bombs blast. He is APC governor, we need change in federal and state levels.[sic]

Abubakar Ibrahim Bura: Yobe state is growing under Gaidam ‘s administration.[sic]

Source: http://www.naij.com/401453-fellow-nigerians-are-you-satisfied-with-your-governors.html
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? by OkuDiOver1(f): 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
No, none of them across the parties perform above average. Too bad
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? by asadike(f): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
Yes! Can't ask God for more... God bless obiano my action governor.
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? by ozoigbondu: 9:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
Let me just say Willie is Working cheesy
Proudly from Anambra

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
Emmanuel Chijioke: Rivers state governor is the best, an
epitome of unity, change and quality leadership.
Everything he lays hand on turns to world class, e.g.
primary schools, monorail, good roads, electricity,
portable water, security, etc. True Rivers man, we love
you, please, do not allow them to separate us.[sic

this one thinks because he's Ikwerri he can yan rust. who told him amaechi brought the idea of good primary schools, monorail, good roads and the rest?mak I hear word. those were jobs proposed by the various commissioners of that time and not the noisy lousy errand boy.
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? by mannobi(m): 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
We know the worst performing governors in Nigeria.
They are:
Gabriel Suswan- Benue
T.A Orji- Abia
Ayo Fayose- Ekiti
And all of them are PDP
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? by alakaloko(m): 10:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
mannobi:
We know the worst performing governors in Nigeria.
They are:
Gabriel Suswan- Benue
T.A Orji- Abia
Ayo Fayose- Ekiti
And all of them are PDP

Keep deceiving yourself.. Ekiti people celebrate their choice everyday especially when they look at the pathetic condition of states around them.. Ask any Osun, Kwara Kogi and Ogun state workers.. They will tell you what APC stands for..

You can write anything you like to suit your imagination, we know the differences between propaganda and sincerity..

2 Likes

Re: Fellow Nigerians, Are You Satisfied With Your Governors? by kheart(m): 10:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
Niger state governor is first on d list of worst

(1) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau Invites The President To A Peace Summit . / Only A Bastard Will Read This And Still Vote Gej / Nigerian Troops Liberate Gwoza, Moves To Contain Shekau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.