Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,830 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:37 AM

Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck (33993 Views)

Travelers Stranded Along Lagos-Ore Road Following Robbery Attack (Photos) / Armed Bandits Killed By Soldiers In Zamfara State (Graphic Photos) / Bandits Escape By Throwing Money Into Crowd In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by tommysparks: 2:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
Raiders:
Nigeria police are very useless. Why did it take them more than 30 mins to response to the robbery
you for go police office to help them in disappearing and reappearing at any given crisis location. Too much watching of avengers and iron man.
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
^^
Sounds like the same gang that hit FBN Ikare in january. Same tactics:

GEJ visits; police command mops up cops to secure presidential routes, leaving serious loopholes; gang hits target bank succesfully.
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by oloworulz(m): 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
efedavies:

why are u so stupid?so crime is now particular to a certain tribe?baboon!
yea. D truth is bitter. Wen it comes to robbing a bank, stealing a car and so on. D igbos re d 1st suspect.
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by hakeemfatai217: 2:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
Register today in the Dangote rural social scheme and become a dangote distributor nationwide.
for more information call +2347052988260
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
... '' and the police swung into action '' grin
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by sirdouglas(m): 2:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
but on a serious note: Nobody wan die for Nigeria, even me cos it doesn't worth it.
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
This is Nigeria.. sadly this is my lagos.

We have armed touts and hoodlums, yet no one has ever investigated or questioned how people indiscriminately acquire weapons.

With porous borders and corruption, smugglers easily get away with trafficking weapons in and out of our country.

How I wish there's a way of investigating and running checks from the bullets expelled on that unfortunate day, to ascertain the history and possible owners of the AK47used.

How I wish our inland waterways were not so loose and unguarded.

Armed robbers would never rob a bank without good information on timing and availability of good funds and I am not talking about 10m. This points to a possible accomplice from the inside.

It's always sad to hear of innocent lives being lost to these ills.

This is not the way at all... May God help us
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by ceejay80s(m): 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
ollah1:

Thanks for the correction. Chopper is all what is needed. Now tell me, isn't this still FG's fault? How much is is sold and what the cost of maintenance? If not for I don't know Mehn
Don't mind our useless govt. But they can buy jets for Themselves
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by 400billionman: 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
SuperSuave:
So the police were late as usual

No mind the mumu people..

BTW, army no dey Lagos ?
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by 400billionman: 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
Raiders:
Nigeria police are very useless. Why did it take them more than 30 mins to response to the robbery

No fuel in hilux. No bullet inside gun...

He was collecting N50 from taxi man..
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by 400billionman: 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
APC boys mopping up cash for renewed campaign activities and London hospital treatment..
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by musicwriter(m): 4:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
Obascoetubi:

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/robbery-attack-at-lekki-how-the-bandits-struck/#sthash.gb6S6OU2.0aW9pCKv.dpuf

Sorry, I'll be off topic.

Why saying ''It was like an epic Hollywood scene'' when we now create our own Nollywood epic scenes. Or, was this article written by an American?.

When I see this type of expression I get depressed. Just few weeks ago I had one of my thread on frontpage here on Nairaland and the title was ''A test to prove how colonialism destroyed Africa intellectually'' but it was instead edited to read: Fun test: can you name the parts of the body in your language?. What absurdity?. This's just one of those points my research was intended to prove.

What will it take to have Africans think for themselves?.
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
oro buruku tounterin, arugbo sef go tear race, wetin mad man go do sef, blind beggers sef na race tinz ni, God safe our youths o..naija is falling
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by austinology(m): 4:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
grin
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by rafcrown(m): 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
ONLY 5 ARMED ROBBERS.POLICE SHOULD DESIGN A STRATEGY OF WINNING AND DEFEATING 100 ARMED ROBBERS,DAY OR NIGHT.
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by pamcode(m): 5:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
Brandnew2:
How come writer uses the word "felled" as if they were a tree.. S.m.h. cool
the guy must be a uniben graduate na there guys they use fall instead of kill.
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
Brandnew2:
How come writer uses the word "felled" as if they were a tree.. S.m.h. cool

Because it is correct smiley
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by miqos02(m): 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
wetin DIG MBU talk?
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by eightsin(m): 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
menix:
I pity those suspected hoodlums caught cous its no longer weed smokers nah suspected robbers dem go b now...

I dey tell you!
E don b them.
Some of them will even loose a tooth or more from the torture they gonna receive
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by Boss13: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
Those guys are military guys
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by madenigga2dcore(m): 9:44pm On Mar 14, 2015
This one is anoda "44minutes live". I guess those guys just watchd dat Hollywood movie to have had so much courage. 44minutes is one movie dat is too roggetized. An experience of bank robbery in US with sporadic gunfire by just two persons . come see AK riffle shots at its peak. Thanks to the aerial helicopters they used to monitor their activities and follow their exit routes. 9ja police no get that kind sense.. na to get potbelly stand 4 road de collect #20
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by ikojo2(f): 10:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
For any successful bank operation like dt dere must b an insider,serious interogation go don dey go on by now I tink.
Re: Robbery Attack At Lekki: How The Bandits Struck by laudate: 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2015
MadCow1:
Hmmm..

The closest Police station to the scene was between Maroko Police station at Lekki Gate and Special Anti-Frad unit in Ikoyi and yet it took them well over 40 mins to respond.. On that Lekki Ikoyi bridge, there are two police checkpoints on either side of the bridge and yet the robbers stood in the streets unchallenged for over 30 mins before they left.

That Lekki environs has a couple of banks and homes with armed policemen in them and yet none of them responded to engage the robbers.

Abegi make we hear better news.

Bros, I no know say you sef see am! cool

There is even a police post right within the Lekki Phase 1 Estate, about 7 minutes drive from the scene. And there is an Armoured Personnel carrier (APC) or armoured tank manned by kevlar-kitted police men, stationed at Lekki Phase 1 Main gate on the way to the toll-gate. undecided

Like you also rightly mentioned the Maroko Police Station is just round the corner from Lekki Phase 1. During the robbers operation, the sound of gunshots was so audible that people living 4 to 5 streets away could hear the shots and I know for a fact that some of those people living in that area, immediately called Maroko Police Station when the exchange of gun fire started. shocked

And Fashola's spin doctors want us to belive that all these police men were not informed in time, and that all of them were deployed to guard GEJ during his visit to Lagos. Mtcheewww! angry

They should think of another excuse, jare. Not everyone that lives in that area is a fool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Jumps From The Fifth Floor Of The UCH Ibadan In Apparent Suicide / Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos / Pastor Pius Oromusele's Corpse Killed By Herdsmen Dumped At Edo Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.