Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,457 members, 7,897,941 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:24 PM

Frustration Along Ikorodu Road - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Frustration Along Ikorodu Road (421 Views)

Accident In Fadeyi Along Ikorodu Road- Happening Now. / Fire Outbreak at Ajegunle, Ikorodu Road. / Photos From The Fatal Accident On Ikorodu Road This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Frustration Along Ikorodu Road by bodeoni: 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
Some two years ago, the government decided to expand Ikorodu road from Ikorodu up to the Mile 12 bridge to create two lanes for the BRT in between. The people of Ikorodu saw it as a way out of the daily traffic along this route.
Let me at this point state that, without any form of obstruction, Ikorodu to Ketu is no more than a 30 min journey at average speed.
During the core construction period the resisdents of Ikorodu saw hell as the construction caused heavy traffic during rush hour periods (early morning and closing hour). I personally know someone who moved to the Mainland cos of the traffic.
Today, the road construction is almost done with only finishing touches remaining and the traffic situation has only gotten worse. Now it takes about 2-3hrs to get to Ketu from Ikorodu almost through out the day.
Everytime I ply this route, I ask myself the following.
1. Whose idea was it
2. Why does the Nigerian Government never prepare for the future
3. What's the point of creating two lanes for BRT in the middle without even trying add at least one additional lane for other road users on both sides.

Some people say that when the road is fully commisioned and the BRT starts operating in dedicated lanes, it would reduce traffic. Well I hope that's the case even though I very much doubt it.

Let me also add that the road is really beautiful but who can see beauty with tired and sweaty eyes.

God bless Lagos, Eko o ni baje o
God bless Nigeria

From a concerned and almost frustrated road user
P.S Mods please move to apporpriate section if need be

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Politician's Wishes For Nigerian Youths / Software Upgrade: 35 Million ATM Cards At Risk / Terror:woman Bury Newborn Twins Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.