Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,961 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:00 PM

Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) (10108 Views)

How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. / The Largest Caucasians Shepherd Dog In Nigerian (pictures) / Standard German Shepherd Dog (gsd)loads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
We just moved into a new apartment and decided to get a GSD.
we settled for one puppy from a nairalander {prodeegee}

Day 1, she was very shy and quickly adopted a location under our 3 seater
she would only come out to eat and crap.

a very playful puppy who likes to play-bite everyone at the ankle
in 5 days, she already figured her name is Rayance

My GF's friends named her winnie so we may end up maintaining that name too.
Attached is her first portrait from the seller.

She loves eggs, suya, and wont mind fish, though not her favorite
also her vet says we should stop giving her fish as it tends to hinder her growth being a large breed
i also learnt that dogs don't like salt in their meals

We are gradually introducing to can foods and dog biscuits by mixing them with her favorites
she is too picky and hardly take them.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by TrishaP(f): 8:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
What about her recent pic?
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by kolokolobi(m): 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
I hope the suya is not spiced. It should be plain bbqd meat I beg of you.
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 15, 2015
Below is her pic

kolokolobi:
I hope the suya is not spiced. It should be plain bbqd meat I beg of you.
well, it is spiced from the aboki, anything i should be worried about spicy foods?

I still have a hard time teaching her my bedroom is very sacred and should not be used as poo-land

The first sets of can foods i got her smells so nice of chicken but wont happily take them.
so i took her to the store for some canfood sniffing, We'll open the top slightly and she would sniff and just look the other direction
Guess what? immediately we opened up Jojo premium puppy and sniffed it, she went crazy for it
FYI Jojo premium puppy smells a lot like spoilt meat

Within minutes she finished half can and was asking for more.
So we are just going to use JOJO to introduce other affordable foods to her.
cos Rayance can't be feeding on all my income grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdW_hs61dqg

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by kolokolobi(m): 8:11am On Mar 15, 2015
Spicy food is not too good for dogs. Cut down on or even out thee spices.
On your bedroom not being a litter den, you need to start letting your pet know where is your space and where it should not encroach. If you are allowing your pet to hop on the bed at will without you stopping it, it will assume it's normal and will keep on doing so. You may also start doing some potty training so it will begin to recognise where it can do its thing. A good way to start is by taking it to a designated area to poo just after a meal. If you can get a crate that has compactments one can be it's poo area. It's a pup. It's all play. But never be tired of repeating what you want and when it does what is desired, reward. In time it will recognise what's rewarded and start sticking to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Prodeegee(m): 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
kolokolobi:
On your bedroom not being a litter den, you need to start letting your pet know where is your space and where it should not encroach. If you are allowing your pet to hop on the bed at will without you stopping it, it will assume it's normal and will keep on doing so. You may also start doing some potty training so it will begin to recognise where it can do its thing. A good way to start is by taking it to a designated area to poo just after a meal. If you can get a crate that has compactments one can be it's poo area. It's a pup. It's all play. But never be tired of repeating what you want and when it does what is desired, reward. In time it will recognise what's rewarded and start sticking to it.

Spices in suya are made up of fruits. Apart from onions and some fruits they can't take, the spices shd be good.

I think if you can stand your dog's on the couch, let them be. It doesn't affect in any way. Seeing the way he and his fiancee loves the dog,they would rather have the dog anywhere.

Potty-training is good. U'll need it for an indoor dog.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by deeptesting(m): 8:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
Nice dog... I am happy a lot of people are treating their dogs better like training them to live indoor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by chucky234(m): 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ah Prodegee don get grand pikin sha, hmmm we are making progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by mayorall(m): 10:27am On Mar 16, 2015
chucky234:

LWKMD
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Prodeegee(m): 1:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
chucky234:

lol...speaking of grand pikin...i get dem plenty scattered around nigeria and ghana.
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
deeptesting:
Nice dog... I am happy a lot of people are treating their dogs better like training them to live indoor.

seriously, she is comfortable living indoor and i honestly don't mind
between, i dont have to lock my door always if i need to walk down the street to get something because she seemed to have received the brief on how to treat intruding strangers
I have been restricting her movement till we have our compound gate fixed this week because as small as she is, she is beginning to scare kids in the neighborhood with her herding instinct.

kolokolobi:

thanks for the tip, she has greatly improved and now goes to a selected spot at my balcony to crap.
so i recently started laying some tissues on the spot. she will just walk up there, do her stuff right on the tissue, and at intervals, i help her remove it and lay a fresh tissue there.

She has been improving at fetching stuffs and bringing it back to me, so i just collect it from her, throw it away, then she'll chase it and bring it back to boss. I recently started adding "get it" command to it so she can hopefully relate the word to it.

one thing about her is she can be entertaining as she has some funny inbuilt behaviours
she is a very active and smart puppy.

1 Share

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 13, 2015
Rayance Picky, oh! yes, picky is her new earned surname.

i got her 3 different brands of can foods, no!
except jojo, then after a while, her food drive reduced so i decided to try dry foods.

pedigree, nope
miglior cane, nope

So i heard earlier that every dog loves Arion so when Arion became available in the market, i got the 15kg bag.
though i should have asked for Arion puppy-large-breed because i later learnt on Arion's site that German sherpherd falls under their large breeds

so i took the bag home, as big as a bag rice, i put some in her stainless steel plate then she started acting like "what it this one again"
so i told her, "you better learn to eat this one or else, na hunger go kill you"

8 hours later, her tummy started deflating like flat tyre, I entered my kitchen, cooked rice and bean concoction with every good 'eroja' within my neighborhood
put a fried chicken on top and balanced in front of Rayance picky and ate it all, i even crunched the turkey bone.

I was surprised to see her minutes later when she realized i meant business, she started crunching the Arion, and pushing it down with water.
mi o raye iranu.

i have noticed a difference though, the dry food make life easier as her crap is easier to clean
and unlike jojo, i dont have to refrigerate or fear it would get bad.

i just fill her bowl to the brim with arion, the other bowl with water and go about my daily python coding.

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by knyte(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2015
sledjama:

except jojo, then after a while, her food drive reduced so i decided to try dry foods.

pedigree, nope
miglior cane, nope

So i heard earlier that every dog loves Arion so when Arion became available in the market, i got the 15kg bag.
though i should have asked for Arion puppy-large-breed because i later learnt on Arion's site that German sherpherd falls under their large breeds

so i took the bag home, as big as a bag rice, i put some in her stainless steel plate then she started acting like "what it this one again"
so i told her, "you better learn to eat this one or else, na hunger go kill you"

8 hours later, her tummy started deflating like flat tyre, I entered my kitchen, cooked rice and bean concoction with every good 'eroja' within my neighborhood
put a fried chicken on top and balanced in front of Rayance picky and ate it all, i even crunched the turkey bone.

I was surprised to see her minutes later when she realized i meant business, she started crunching the Arion, and pushing it down with water.
mi o raye iranu.

i have noticed a difference though, the dry food make life easier as her crap is easier to clean

i just fill her bowl to the brim with arion, the other bowl with water and go about my daily python coding.

had my experience with gsds as some of them are picky eaters,arion worked the magic for me too...try gvin her d feed coupled with crushed boiled eggs including the shells.She wld love it

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2015
[quote author=knyte post=32663475][/quote]

the egg shell is ok for them? great to know

i remember beating her whenever she starts digging the trash and relocating the egg shells to my living room
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by knyte(m): 9:51am On Apr 13, 2015
sledjama:

i remember beating her whenever she starts digging the trash and relocating the egg shells to my living room

Yea it is, provides calcium.. And d diggin might be caused cos shes bored, get her a soft ball or a tennis, her energy would be transferred to doing smtin more positive
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Magpies(m): 11:24am On Apr 13, 2015
sledjama:

abeg bros fill this thread with pics of dix nyc pup
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Prodeegee(m): 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
get her chew bones. and if you keep beating, your lovely dog wont stay lovely.
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
Prodeegee:
get her chew bones. and if you keep beating, your lovely dog wont stay lovely.
i got her one but she turned it to shreds in a week.
maybe when next i visit her stores, i will get her a harder one.

knyte:

Yea it is, provides calcium.. And d diggin might be caused cos shes bored, get her a soft ball or a tennis, her energy would be transferred to doing smtin more positive
i actually long to get a tennis ball so she can fetch it, she loves to fetch things.

Magpies:
abeg bros fill this thread with pics of dix nyc pup

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Prodeegee(m): 6:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
since your dog is indoors, you should take off the collar. only use collars when you're taking your dog out.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
it is easier plugging the leash to it, than removing and looking for it all the time
we walk to the filling station every other morning
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by lacicrips(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
sledjama:

pedigree, nope
miglior cane, nope

mi o raye iranu.

Nice job! Where in Lagos did you buy the arion food?
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Samsteph3k(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
Somebody help me pls,
How can I stop my 11weeks bullmastiff from defecating and urinating anyhow
Pls help men its becoming very irritating!!!
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Prodeegee(m): 1:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
Samsteph3k:
Somebody help me pls,

get a crate
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by megasamuel(m): 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
Are there any ideas for indoor dog potty, like a special area where the dog can go indoor and you clean it later? For both urine and poo I mean
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Vikkiboi(m): 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
how old is she now?
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by lacicrips(m): 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
Samsteph3k:
Somebody help me pls,
Open a new thread for your question.
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
lacicrips:

Nice job! Where in Lagos did you buy the arion food?
Agege, vetland.
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by odeku457(m): 8:58am On Apr 17, 2015
Samsteph3k:
Somebody help me pls,

If you have an android phone or iOS phone get this app ''Wiki how".

With it you can learn to you can learn to be a better Alpha and Pack leader to your Dog.

How to house break.
Give commands
How to walk or exercise them.
How to bathe and groom....etc

I hope it will help you.
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
been a while, i have been so busy with some programming projects that i hardly have the time to browse nairaland, she just recovered from a self-imposed hunger strike.
just because she wants pure can meals and i strictly want to feed her k9 favourite plus dry food mixed with half can of pedigree wet food, she stopped eating.
i no longer leave her food lying around anymore, once she stops eating, i'll wrap it up and freeze it till next 12 hours, if she refuses it again, that will be next 12 hours.
She figured it out and now respects my decision.
she is very friendly and warm to everyone, but barks when you exhibit some trait of fear.

she has an innate calculative instinct. for instance when you run around the compound, she would turn back and block you from the other side.
if you have the space and cash to raise a dog, please get one.

they make good friends and always want to please you.
some lawma guys came around the other day, and a single woof got them sprinting, giving the neighborhood a good laugh

Rayance is so cute that people who are bold enough just want to play with her when we walk.

she turned 8 months 2 days ago. (born on the 5th of January)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by uchpanila(m): 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
Nice!
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Magpies(m): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2015
sledjama:
been a while, i have been so busy with some programming projects that i hardly have the time to browse nairaland, she just recovered from a self-imposed hunger strike.
just because she wants pure can meals and i strictly want to feed her k9 favourite plus dry food mixed with half can of pedigree wet food, she stopped eating.
i no longer leave her food lying around anymore, once she stops eating, i'll wrap it up and freeze it till next 12 hours, if she refuses it again, that will be next 12 hours.
she is very friendly and warm to everyone, but barks when you exhibit some trait of fear.

she has an innate calculative instinct. for instance when you run around the compound, she would turn back and block you from the other side.

some lawma guys came around the other day, and a single woof got them sprinting, giving the neighborhood a good laugh

Rayance is so cute that people who are bold enough just want to play with her when we walk.

thumbs up bruv
Re: Diary Of Our German Shepherd Dog (rayance) by Prodeegee(m): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
sledjama:

hmmm...that baby of yesterday has grown. a dog in the hands of a good man is always a good dog.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Eradicate My Phobia For Dogs / Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human. / 22 Very Amazing Facts About Tigers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.