Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,229 members, 7,880,860 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:18 AM

Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? (22937 Views)

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? / When a government is becoming ungodly: should Christians continue to obey? / Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by DEGREE2466(m): 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:

brother, you suck lemon
check this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_Commandment

Also testified by King James Version http://www.missiontoisrael.org/6thcom.php

Next time learn to argue constructively and with politeness. I understand your point but your attitude irks.

But i warned you? I dont argue with brats but to help your low life visit the link below and tell me what is the sixth commandment there.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/command.htm

Quote me again at your peril!
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by UjSizzle(f): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you never answer the question,I know say na no 7 and 8 grin
I did answer the question. And No, I have a bigger problem with keeping the 1st commandment than the 7th and 8th.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Etruth: 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
HizMissy:
all except murder.
Even no 8?
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by suxex4ever: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
DEGREE2466:

But i warned you? I dont argue with brats but to help your low life visit the link below and tell me what is the sixth commandment there.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/command.htm

Quote me again at your peril!

I think this is where I will take a pulse and leave you to your ignorance and lame argument.

Did you check the first reference I sited which pointed THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY as the 6th commandment under the Augustinian division used by Roman Catholics and Lutherans?

That was why I said 'I understood your point but your disposition is soo terrible'. But now, It appears I dont understand you anymore. You should also understand that that sequence of arrangement is VERY CORRECT
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by ajos145(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2015
Rule 7
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by RaeMystix: 4:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
A times mentioning God's name when cursing out someone
( in pigin)...Rarely does that happen; but it has at some point in my life.

I am the coin grabber in my house....I atimes do steal meat from the pot....I stole one yougurt and two oranges this morning
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
#3......not deliberate sha sad
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by SwingzProsper(m): 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:
The Ten Commandments, also known as the
Decalogue , are a set of biblical principles
relating to ethics and worship, which play a
fundamental role in Judaism and Christianity.

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form are:
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.
3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your
God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery/fornication.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your
neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.

So, the question is which among them do you find difficult to obey
Number 7 ni.. Walahi ko easy!! Joystick no wan hear word
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2015
the 7th commandment has got to be the most difficult especially in this era where girls dress so seductively
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by dipeolu16(m): 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
No 3
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Goshen360(m): 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
Are you people Jew that you're thinking of obeying or didisobeying the 10 commandments? A christian is not called to obey the laws, the 10 inclusive but obedience to the faith.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by sniperwolf(m): 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
suxex4ever:
The Ten Commandments, also known as the
Decalogue , are a set of biblical principles
relating to ethics and worship, which play a
fundamental role in Judaism and Christianity.

The 10 Commandments List, Short Form are:
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make idols.
3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your
God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery/fornication.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness against your
neighbor.
10. You shall not covet.

So, the question is which among them do you find difficult to obey

Bolded
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by ichuka(m): 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
Goshen360:
Are you people Jew that you're thinking of obeying or didisobeying the 10 commandments? A christian is not called to obey the laws, the 10 inclusive but obedience to the faith.
FACT!!
Its the giver of the law that actually keeps His law,in and though us.(as the law of Spirit of Life)
God gave the law in the full intension for it to be broken.it was never meant to be kept/uphold at the first place.by so doing,Salvation wil be fully accepted.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by queebeediva(f): 2:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
May God have mecy upon our lives Amen!
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by Horus(m): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2015

Written at least 2,000 years before the Ten Commandments of Moses, the 42 Principles of Ma’at are one of Africa’s, and the world’s, oldest sources of moral and spiritual instruction. Ma’at, the Ancient Egyptian divine Principle of Truth, Justice, and Righteousness, is the foundation of natural and social order and unity. Ancient Africans developed a humane system of thought and conduct which has been recorded in volumes of African wisdom literature, such as, these declarations from the Book of Coming Forth By Day (the so-called Book of the Dead), The Teachings of Ptah-Hotep, the writings of Ani, Amenemope, Merikare, and others.

One aspect of ancient Egyptian funerary literature which often is mistaken for a codified ethic of Ma’at is Chapter 125 of the Book of the Dead, often called the 42 Declarations of Purity or the Negative Confession. These declarations varied somewhat from tomb to tomb, and so can not be considered a canonical definition of Ma’at. Rather, they appear to express each tomb owner’s individual conception of Ma’at, as well as working as a magical absolution (misdeeds or mistakes made by the tomb owner in life could be declared as not having been done, and through the power of the written word, wipe that particular misdeed from the afterlife record of the deceased). Many of the lines are similar, however, and they can help to give the student a “flavor” for the sorts of things which Ma’at governed essentially everything from the most formal to the most mundane aspect of life. Many versions are given on-line, unfortunately seldom do they note the tomb from which they came or, whether they are a collection from various different tombs.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by davidedmorn: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2015
The Ten Commandments as first spoken by God and listed below and are found in the second book of the Old Testament in Exodus 20:2-17.

bible scriptures message
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by boxer022(m): 8:02pm On May 01, 2015
Shubbylee:
95% of Nigerian Christians don't Obey Number 4!!
How will they be able to obey it when they do not even know what it means and which day is the said Sabbath day. I do not want to argue with anybody in this particular subject because they may not understand.
Re: Which Of The Ten Commandments Do You Find Difficult To Obey?? by boxer022(m): 8:11pm On May 01, 2015
jayAjoku:
. Well the bible didn't mention it was an apple ...... Anyways the Ten commandments have been scratched out
You said the Ten Commandments have been scratched out, I will like to know who scratched it out and how it was scratched out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Gets Iphone 8 As Gift, Says "It Pays To Give" (Photos) / In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? / Debate! Debate!! Debate!!! Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.