Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,691 members, 7,885,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 04:34 PM

‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains (36357 Views)

Patience Jonathan Explains How She Made $15m, Says “i Saved For 15 Years” / ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains / Jonathan Explains What Meant When He Said ‘Stealing Is Not Corruption’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by anonimi: 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
olas24u:

so you support corruption

No. I don't.

Do you believe VP Ekwueme was corrupt while President Shagari was NOT corrupt

Did Buhari say Abacha did NOT steal?

Buhari is the Baba of CORRUPTION only a good pretender shocked
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by zubby29(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
am strugling to understand wat she is saying

3 Likes

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ilekeh:
Please, remove this from front page.

We have foreigners on NL.

This is so embarrassing.
Lmfao

3 Likes

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by Akainzo(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You're the slave here, A slave to the Fulani hegemony. Tinubu is modern day Afonja

In 1959, when you went with the NPC to form the central government, you were a slave then.
In 1963, when you went with the NPC to form the central government, you were a slave then.
In 1979, when you went with NPN to form the central government, you were a slave then.
In 1983, when you went with NPN to form the central government, you were a slave then.
In 1999, when you went with the North to vote PDP, you were a slave then.
In 2007, when you rejected your own Ojukwu to vote Yar'adua, you were a slave then.
In 2010, when you aligned with the North to select GEJ at the PDP primaries, I believe you were a slave then.
In 2011, when the South West voted for GEJ, were they a slave then?
In 2015, if they vote GMB, would they be a slave?

Now, count the number of times you have been a slave and that should help you out.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by midolian(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
hope4nigeria:
can you now see why some people will never make it in live, when you see the truth and you are hiden it, such people cannever end well. Somthing we all watch on NTA. In fact, I memorise all her bloody gramar, you may not watch her speech in Akwa-Ibom. But why don't you just shut up.fooool.
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by hush15: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
midolian:
Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, on Friday took to the podium to explain to women in Akwa Ibom State the meaning of ‘corruption’.

While addressing the crowd during the Peoples Democratic Party Women Presidential Rally in Uyo, Mrs. Jonathan said the promise by the All Progressives Congress to fight corruption were “all lies”.

“Akwa Ibom people, judge o. Because we are not here for lies. We are not here for propaganda. Because their own number one campaign is corruption. As if them are not corrupt. They are not corrupt,” Mrs. Jonathan said.

“What do you call corruption? He has a house. You, are you living outside? Are you living in the forest? It’s corruption.

“In abroad, if a young boy works so hard and buy a copter, we praise the boy. But in Nigeria, if a young boy works so hard and buy a copter, we say he’s corrupt. Why?

“Why can’t we encourage the young ones to grow? Why can’t we encourage them to do better? We, our mother born us and train us, why they train us is that we should be better than them. Are we to bring the young ones down? It’s not our portion.”

Mrs. Jonathan urged the women not to vote for the APC because, according to her, they have nothing to offer.

“A bird at hand is worth a million in the bush. Nigerian women, let us shine our eyes. Women of Nigeria, are you ready to go to prison? Are you ready to go and give your father food in the prison? It is not our portion. We reject it.

“Akwa Ibom State is a PDP state. It’s not for expired drugs, because APC cannot heal you, outdated drugs cannot heal you. Let them call it any name. Just like as my husband younger brother (Governor Akpabio) have said, they will continue changing name until they will reach Ebola. And they will call it Ebola.

“You know what Ebola normally do? Although Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has said Nigeria is not Ebola country. So they cannot bring Ebola to Nigeria because Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and PDP government will wipe it off. And they will bury it, because it cannot stay here at all.

“So let them continue changing their name. If they fail this time, because I know they have failed, you will hear they will change their name again. They will change it and answer another name.”

Helen Mark, wife of Senate President, David Mark; Amina Sambo, wife of Vice President, Namadi Sambo; as well as Kema Chikwe took turns to urge the crowd to vote for the party.

Akon Eyakenyi, the Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban development, was also in attendance.

Their speeches lasted barely 10 minutes.

When it was time for Mrs. Jonathan to deliver the keynote, she rose from her seat, danced her way to the podium, and spoke for about one hour.

“A good man borns (sic) a good son. You cannot deliver what you don’t have, and that’s why he has brought somebody that can also deliver you from the APC. The one that will heal you,” Mrs. Jonathan said of Mr. Akpabio and the PDP gubernatorial candidate in the state.

The First Lady also described the PDP as a moving train that is unstoppable.

“Remember I was here in 2011 and I came here, I told you that PDP is a good party and I told you vote Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and Sambo. And you know that they will never fail you. And they promised you 35 percent, and they fulfilled their 35 percent,” she said.

“So you can see that your deputy governor today is a product of 35 percent. You can see that the minister today is a product of 35 percent. So I have come again this time, 2015, to talk to you again.”

Mrs. Jonathan said the PDP would increase the quota of women’s participation in governance if the party wins in the elections.

“We are here to tell you what PDP government has done. We are here to tell you the truth,” she said.

“We are not propagandaly (sic). We are not here to deceive you. We are not here to lie for you. Because whatever we say go and search because you will see it.

“Remember when the men were campaigning, I just follow them quietly because I was waiting for them to give me go-ahead. I was waiting for them to tell me what they have for Nigerian women.

“And they told me that this time we have given you 35 percent, go and tell their women that if they vote us back, that we are going to give them 45 percent.”

“Ask them, when they were there, what did they do for you? Women of Nigeria, did they do anything for you? This is the time they have come to tell you ‘I will,’ I will what? What you did not do before, is it now that you will come and do it?

“Remember that they were in that Aso Rock before. All the things that they keep there, they did not take it. Now they want to go back there. Ask them a question, what do you forget there?

Won’t you leave Aso Rock for the new generation? Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and Governor Godswill Akpabio are the new generation.”

Mrs. Jonathan also stated that President Jonathan is committed to improving the country’s health sector.

“Under SURE-P, Goodluck said that for health sector, that no woman will die again under pregnancy. He said that all Nigerian women you have died enough. Remember before PDP come into power, every 100,000 live births a women that born, 840 will die. 840 will die when they were there o.

“When the people were there o, women were afraid to born child. Women were afraid to produce the kids. They cannot produce. They are afraid, ‘I should not die.'”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/178501-what-do-you-call-corruption-patience-jonathan-explains.html

Ma, while some may complain bout your grammars which ofcourse they not better, I quite admire your courage for standing firmly by your husband. Showing support and confidence in him. Woman should learn what marriage is from you. Thank you and one thing, you have my voice irrespective of anyone's opinion...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by ordovicianonly(f): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
She is a total disgrace to women all over the world partucularly Africa.How can a first lady of the most populous country in Africa talk as if she doesnt have teeth,tongue,brain etc? Her husband should go and bury his head in shame .TOTAL DISGRACE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by itops(f): 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
please nairalanders, leave my first lady alone, she is being a good wife to her husband. any woman who do not support her husband acheive his goals is not a good woman, sheis just a true defination of an african woman. ENGLISH is not her mother tongue so how ever she uses it , is understandable.

1 Like

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by habebe1(m): 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pls can someone tell me what "copter" is? undecided

3 Likes

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
Mama Peace is such a clown.
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by tomzman: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
This woman just keeps disgracing herself.
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by erico2k2(m): 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
socialmediaman:
Who are they empowering? You call a few boys and dash them money, then tell the whole world you are empowering youths. Nice joke!

Let me define corruption for them:

Corruption is when you are given money to do something, you put the money in your pocket and claim you worked hard for it.
Corruption is when you dip hand in Nigeria's treasury and take money to develop your own personal estates, simply because you have access to it as president

Corruption is corruption. Corrupt people are thieves and betrayers
that js not corruption but plane stealing.actions of a common thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by BarrAyombo(m): 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
Madeu:
A video of it will do.

Hahahahaha, that will really be hilarious ... I 2nd the motion jawe
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by InvertedHammer: 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
/
Patience is the best campaign manager for APC.

Any Nigerian that is educated beyond Primary school should be scratching his/her head wondering how we got this low. A country of supposedly highly educated people and this is the leadership they get?

\

3 Likes

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by suwailad(f): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
ediotic woman!
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by ridgeman: 6:13pm On Mar 15, 2015
Not everyone is born to campaign, PDP need to realize that. God forbid that the elections degenerate into full scale chaos her utterances will then come back to haunt her.

1 Like

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by Forwetinnah: 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
gringringringringringrin
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by Abumadea: 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:

My brother, I've been busy with my internship, though I was banned for a week.

Even Majority is as far as I'm concerned not appropriate, Just say some Nigerians(Muslim northerners and some sections of Yorubas).
So u mean all easterners and south south are in support of Jonathan, my brother abi na sister, keep dreaming.
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
i dey laugh oooooo
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by kjaaja(m): 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
Clueless woman, see English like say she no go school. Rubbish. Meanwhile sai Baba
Sai GMB
Change dole!!!

2 Likes

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by ldpele(m): 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
GeneralBosco:

Yes..some of you are enjoying Jonathan's uncommon transformation. Slaves!
As if buhari will perform any magic
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by ybalogs(m): 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
We need clown like Madam peace to be in Government to really make us forget the sorrows they're plaguing us in.I've been missing Honorable Obahiagbon,pls I can't afford to let Madam Peace leave again oooo.who will produce the laffs after her?
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by ybalogs(m): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Seriously,OP should have at least helped her by editing before posting nah.We need to stop washing our dirty linen outside.She's still our First Lady(Mother of all Nigerians).But sha,why Presidio never tell am make she no dey talk outside?I still dey wonder ooo
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by matingo(f): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
Just like her name says, one needs to be truly patient with her and her grammatical blunders. Illiteracy is a disease while half education is dangerous.

1 Like

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by rasco2000me: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Even Majority is as far as I'm concerned not appropriate, Just say some Nigerians(Muslim northerners and some sections of Yorubas).
PEOPLE AROUND THESE PEOPLE SHOULS HELP THEM BY KEEPING DERE MEMORTY UPRIGHT FIRST IT WAS THE HUSBAND THAT SAID IF HE LOOSE ELECTION HE WILL BE THE FIRST PRESIDENT THAT WE HANDOVER FORGETING THAT GHANA JUST DID THAT..THE WOMAN SAID BUHARI WAS IN ASO ROCK B4 .was dere any aso rock durin buhari reign.and ALSO SHE IS AFRAID OF PRISON
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by yinkson(m): 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Mtcheew!
Jobless, clueless hipocritic coward...
You're joking with your future. Ok
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
Mo gbe shocked lmao grin grin grin
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by SeverusSnape(m): 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
yinkson:

Mtcheew!
Jobless, clueless hipocritic coward...
You're joking with your future. Ok
You're a fool. Simple!
Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
Indeed PEJ is a comic relief. Come to think of it though, how did this woman graduate from a university? Uniport for that matter. How did she write and defend her project? And funny enough pple like her will call GMB an illiterate. grin

1 Like

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by Dayoara: 9:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
Mummy Dame Jonathan...you always make us laugh and forget about the failures of your husband..i like you ma but enough is enough fold your blankets and go back to otueke.

1 Like

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by danla44(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
IDIOT WOMAN...... DO YOU THINK WE ARE FOOL LIKE YOU.

WE WILL DECIDE IN MARCH 28 WHERE WILL MASSIVELY VOTE FOR GMB/PYO

1 Like

Re: ‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains by film2(m): 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Read in between lines you will understand that she is scared of losing her husband when he will face the law,he admitted that his husband might go to prison...Like seriously if GMB is an illiterate like PDP falsely accuse him please nairalanders what on earth is she then? And she has a B.sc from Uniport...English is not her mother tongue but at least she write her exams with okrika dialect... Each time she speaks she keeps on increasing GMB supporters.... I don laugh so teh people think say I don dey mad ..*propagandaly Lolzz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Election: Thugs Invade Oliha Market In Edo, Chase Away Traders Supporting APC / I Asked Google To Remove It – Adamu Garba Reacts To Deletion Of His App / Atiku Hosts Maduka In Abuja Ahead Of Anambra PDP Primaries (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.