Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari (1729 Views)

Mastermind Of Planned Overthrow Of President Buhari Arrested By DSS (photos) / Military Scheming To Overthrow Buhari - Militants / The Lies Can Stop Now! "Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government" - Shagari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by skak(m): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2015
Former president Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari
speaks:

Buhari did not overthrow my government, it was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity, honesty and fairness to be the head of their government, that was when Major
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s name came in, former president Shagari said.

It was Gen D.Y Bali that mentioned his name, and all of them agreed; Gen Tunde Idiagbon was asked to announce his name when he “Buhari” was not even there, I thought he was in India for a course, Shagari explained that those who overthrew his government
were, Major General Tunde Idiagbon, Major General Ibrahim Babangida, Major General Tunde Ogbeha, Comondor Augustus Aikhomu, Nureni Yusuf, Bridgadier General Sanni Abacha, DY Bali, Lt Col Oladayo Popoola.

Shagari was reacting to allegations leveled against opposition candidate Muhammadu Buhari, that he overthrew democracy and he wants to be elected under the same democracy that he truncated 32 years ago.

http://newsrescue.com/buhari-did-not-overthrow-my-government-shagari/#axzz3UWJPENWI
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Mogidi: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2015
Buhari didn't overthrow his govt, the Imam and emperor of Daura did.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 16, 2015
Whatever APC is selling I'm not buying

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by politricks: 10:28am On Mar 16, 2015
Source before i comment
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Rilwayne001: 10:30am On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:
[s] Buhari didn't overthrow his govt, the Imam and emperor of Daura did [/s] .

OP

here is the source. http://newsrescue.com/buhari-did-not-overthrow-my-government-shagari/#axzz3UXV3e7W2
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Rilwayne001: 10:32am On Mar 16, 2015
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Mogidi: 10:34am On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

OP

here is the source. http://newsrescue.com/buhari-did-not-overthrow-my-government-shagari/#axzz3UXV3e7W2

I didn't steal your car, I asked a thief to steal your car so I can buy it, see how ridiculous it sounds?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Rilwayne001: 10:41am On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:

I didn't steal your car,

Nigeria is not for shagari alone, he was employed to manage it for the meantime. You think exactly the same way your dumb firstlady thinks. Smh.

I asked a thief to steal your car so I can buy it,

from the source " Buhari did not overthrow my government, it was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity, honesty and fairness to be the head of their government, that was when Major Gen.Muhammadu Buhari’s name came in, former president Shagari said.

use your head and stop using incoherent analogy.

see how ridiculous it sounds?

No.

Rather you sound ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Mogidi: 10:48am On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Nigeria is not for shagari alone, he was employed to manage it for the meantime. You think exactly the same way your dumb firstlady thinks. Smh.

from the source " Buhari did not overthrow my government, it was when those boys that overthrew our government were looking for someone with integrity, honesty and fairness to be the head of their government, that was when Major Gen.Muhammadu Buhari’s name came in, former president Shagari said.

use your head and stop using incoherent analogy.

No.

Rather you sound ridiculous.

To say you're ridiculous would be an understatement.
You provided a link to Lair Mohamed's information blog and expect me to take you seriously.
What happened to your more refined APC propaganda outfits like the "punch" or "leadership" newspapers?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Rilwayne001: 10:51am On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:

To say you're ridiculous would be an understatement.
You provided a link to Lair Mohamed's information blog and expect me to take you seriously.
What happened to your more refined APC propaganda outfits like the "punch" or "leadership" newspapers?

This should help then www.nairaland.com/2089952/muhammadu-buhari-nigerias-strictest-leader
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Kagarko(m): 10:59am On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:

GMB did not over throw shagari.

But they lack the integrity to rule the country that was why they appointed GMB to lead cos of his sincerity and commitment to duty.
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Mogidi: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

This should help then www.nairaland.com/2089952/muhammadu-buhari-nigerias-strictest-leader

Are you finding it difficult navigating to more refined APC propaganda outfits?
Please don't deviate from the topic, show me a link in a more refined APC media outfit where Shagari said it.

Don't bother quoting from AbdulAzeez.com, I have better things to do.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by nduchucks: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2015
Let them keep attempting to perpetuate lies against Buhari - March 28 is just around the corner.

In addition to Shagari's statement on the issue, Col. Tony Nyiam, who was part of the failed attempt to oust the Gen. Ibrahim Babangida’s military government in 1990, said this in an interview 2 years ago:

Does that mean overthrowing Shagari’s government was IBB’s idea?

It was the idea of late Gen. Bako and IBB. Buhari was only brought in because they needed a face with integrity.

This is consistent with Shagari's statement.

SAI BABA

Source
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Mogidi: 11:04am On Mar 16, 2015
Kagarko:

GMB did not over throw shagari.

But they lack the integrity to rule the country that was why they appointed GMB to lead cos of his sincerity and commitment to duty.

And Buhari was the only one in the Nigerian army with integrity, next you'd be telling me he was not born of a woman, conceived through the holy ghost yadayadayada.

Dude, do you live amongst illiterates?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by skak(m): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:

Shagari has spoken

No one go listen to you...

#EarsClosed
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by skak(m): 11:06am On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:

Shagari has spoken

No one go listen to your mumbo jumbo...

#EarsClosed
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by skak(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2015
ani33:
Whatever APC is selling I'm not buying

u go die hungry....lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 16, 2015
skak:

u go die hungry....lol

E better make I die of hunger, instead of voting for a tyrant that ruled Nigeria when dinosaurs where roaming the earth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Blackfire(m): 11:30am On Mar 16, 2015
only IBB can tell us the truth,ops ops he is a maradona
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Kagarko(m): 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
Mogidi:

And Buhari was the only one in the Nigerian army with integrity, next you'd be telling me he was not born of a woman, conceived through the holy ghost yadayadayada.

Dude, do you live amongst illiterates?

Only illiterates writes like this.
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by skak(m): 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
All anti GMB in this thread shoud go and huge transformer or atlease hang themselves....

sai GMB

sai Baba

sai Buhari

sai APC

sai Change
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by skak(m): 9:46am On Mar 25, 2015
Re: Buhari Did Not Overthrow My Government – Shagari by Djicemob: 10:04am On Mar 25, 2015
News rescue to the rescue grin

BTW,which news outlet is news rescue?

(1) (Reply)

Another Gallant Soldier Down Again / The Only Country In The World With 7 Living Ex-presidents?? / Final List Of House Of Representative Canditates For 2015 General Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.