Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,209 members, 7,963,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 12:59 AM

Wake Up My People We Are 145 Million & Still Counting! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wake Up My People We Are 145 Million & Still Counting! (695 Views)

Exclusive: Theft By Rotimi Amaechi Now N242.4 Billion And Still Counting / Voting Ends As Counting Starts In Imo / Ondo & Ekiti States In Total Blackout For 7days And Still Counting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wake Up My People We Are 145 Million & Still Counting! by KnowAll(m): 11:37am On Jan 16, 2009
A friend of mine an American once asked, what is the population of Nigeria, I said 145 million, He said you don’t mean it, I said yeah its between 145 & 150 million. He said what the hell are you doing in England, I said there is no job in Naija, blah,blah the whole sheban about un-employment. He said that is bull-shit, so are you telling me you cannot think of something you could sell to your people for a profit of $1, that if I sold to 1/2 the population I would have made $75 million dollars. I now sat down and thought of it, and said to myself how come the whole population is blind to this statistics. He said America is only 300 million people and there are enough millionaires because business minded people are always thinking of way of inventing something new that could be sold to the populace. He said look at England only 65 million people they have more self made millionaires than a country like Nigeria.

Ladies and Gentlemen

1. We should change our mind-set from believing the only way to success is through political office. You will be surprised the kind of money you will be making if we can look at our market critically rather than political bickering.

Here is Femi Otedola’s story - Otedola is a shrewd business man. Venturing into the oil sector only in 1999 by incorporating Zenon Petroleum & Gas Limited, he soon became the main importer of diesel in the country making $100 million a month with a staff of 400.
I know I should not be using Otedola and Dangote as example because it is government patronage and not self made, the principle is still the same. To be a Millionaire or even billionaire is a numbers game.

145 million X £2 = $290 million
145 X 10 = $1 billion & 45 million

See this extract of what Otedola is up to –

Nigerian billionnaire entrepreneur Mr. Femi Otedola has concluded plans to invest a whopping $2 billion in the building of his sugar refinery and cement factory. Femi Otedola is aware that Dangote has cornered the market with his sugar and Cement, by establishing his own he will give Dangote a run for his money.
Ladies and Gentle-men you can team up with friends, families, communities, pull resources together and give Femi Otedola a run for his money.

My people make na wake up, government cannot do everything for us, we should be pro-active and take our own destiny in our own hands.

2. Nigerians – We should be innovative.
Re: Wake Up My People We Are 145 Million & Still Counting! by multebrain(m): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2009
man i tire ooo dis na serious businness i thinkyou go make money with this thank God i no dey naija again but tellme when you wan sell them so that i go tell you my family house make you o go sell my family join lol lol

(1) (Reply)

Minimum Wage Review - Is It Because Of Inflation? / Obama Moves Into Washington, Warns Americans / Itire Ikate Local Development Area is Asking me for N55,000 Tenement Rate !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.