Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,037 members, 7,919,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 05:44 AM

Can The Religious Status Quo Can Produce The Perfect Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Religious Status Quo Can Produce The Perfect Church? (1151 Views)

The Religious Mind? / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Religious Status Quo Can Produce The Perfect Church? by mitchiano(m): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2006
Most people would categorize me as a religious critic,but for the few who really understand what it means to be Christan in this end time,i am sure they would be asking themselves this same question.

Personally,i am not a church goer because i believe God is getting ready to break out of the "usual"church in order to establish His true church.therefor,every true believer who understands the matrix of the spiritual realm would know that whenever God wants to establish something new,He always uses people who are outside the religious status quo.a typical example is seen in the case of John the Baptist,the bible tells us that "during the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas,the word of the lord came to John son of Zechariah in the desert"(Luke3:2).f the Spirit of the Lord can by-pass the religious elite in the days of the high priesthood and rest upon a man who was clothed in animal skin,who looked like a retard,how much more can we say of the 21st century churches
Re: Can The Religious Status Quo Can Produce The Perfect Church? by yomex4(m): 12:34am On Dec 10, 2006
I lik ur tin bout religion. But wat i think bout ur question is also a problem i had note in people me not excluded is dis, we let our personal principles and ideas be d judge of our religion and we mostly use ourselves as d yardstick for d God we serve to other people.
Re: Can The Religious Status Quo Can Produce The Perfect Church? by 143papa(f): 2:37pm On Mar 03, 2007
It highly depends what you mean by the words "perfect church". from my own understanding of it I see that a perfect church is one where God and only Him is adored, glorified, magnified etc. it is one where each soul comes to church to receive and have communion with Christ in the presence of other fellow Christians, like for example how children come together at break or at lunch to eat, they spend less time talking to each other and more time concentrating on their food. this is how its meant to be especially during the service. outside the service people can bond and talk as they want, as long as they know that they have come and received from God as they left home desiring. after church is the time for communion with friends, meeting and loving each other as a family (of believers) is meant to do. But as well as that a perfect church is one where the word is not compromised, where when the word is released, everybody in that sanctuary receives light from it as it is based upon the word of God and the revelation given by God alone. it should be a church without sincretism- this is with no joint affirmation with the world, one where the world does not determine the word on the pulpit, one where the word of God is released as it is meant to be, an awakener, like a two edged sword piercing the innermost of each soul. it should be a church that will produce pure word-fire brands that have been baptised by the Holy Ghost and by fire and that know the word of God with God revelation. although these and many other things matter the most important is that, God be the drive of that church, that He alone be the one in control this therefore means that the church should dwell in God presence always without doubt, in the Holy of Holies, in the place of continual communion with the Holy One. It should be a church in love with the beautiful three- God,Son,and Holy Spirit. Hence based on this I do not believe that the religious status quo will get us anywhere, not even close to a perfect church.
Re: Can The Religious Status Quo Can Produce The Perfect Church? by Seun(m): 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2007
Perfect church? By what standards?
Re: Can The Religious Status Quo Can Produce The Perfect Church? by TV01(m): 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2007
mitchiano:

Most people would categorize me as a religious critic,but for the few who really understand what it means to be Christan in this end time,i am sure they would be asking themselves this same question.

Personally,i am not a church goer because i believe God is getting ready to break out of the "usual"church in order to establish His true church.therefor,every true believer who understands the matrix of the spiritual realm would know that whenever God wants to establish something new,He always uses people who are outside the religious status quo.a typical example is seen in the case of John the Baptist,the bible tells us that "during the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas,the word of the lord came to John son of Zechariah in the desert"(Luke3:2).f the Spirit of the Lord can by-pass the religious elite in the days of the high priesthood and rest upon a man who was clothed in animal skin,who looked like a retard,how much more can we say of the 21st century churches

I'm so hearing this. My walk has also led me to this conclusion.

Remember, the "status quo" will try to absorb you or destroy you. (They won't label you critic, they'll label you evil, rebellious, deranged, possessed and a heretic.

May God lead, guide and protect you on your walk.
Re: Can The Religious Status Quo Can Produce The Perfect Church? by poweredcom(m): 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2010
what perfect church?
tell me

The Nigerian so called men of God especially are most ignorance and i must truly say fake and dumb by Christainity. look every wher Churches and disturbances calling God, crying God's cry and problem if God even has a Problem,

The so called Men of God have instead collided with currupt Governmant to destroy the university systems by building private universities every where around for their greedy purpose to boost their ego.they know them selves instead of using the millions to help poor peoples children to get education, or even assit the governemt in taking care of the public schools.around many of them using juju powers to decieve people in the name of Christainity, Why did they not take to traditional way of religion , what is bad in it, as long as you do good with it.and to your fellow humans its a culture of our forefather but they use it in 3piece suits and comfortable jeep and hold a fake literature book that contradicts and confuse people a lot.THE KJV BIBLE Instead of them to confront the currupt Leaders that have joined hand to celebrate our 50years of shame independence rubbish celebration to get contracts they know themselves causing confusion to ordinary humans at lagos Ibadan expressway in the name of retreat and camp and fooling people with a promise of Miracle which the pastor himself only experiences

THE KING JAMES VERSION BIBLE

The King james translation of the bible is considered the greatest piece of literatue in English.its language supposedly epresent the ultimate in using the King English.Well Shakespeare language and the Bibles Language are on and the same.They sayy that from 1604 to 1611 King james got poets to translate,to write the Bible Well if Shakespeare existed he was then the top poet around,But Shakesspeare is no where reported connected with the Bible.If he exsisted,why didnt King james use him? And if he did use him,why is it one of the orld best kept secrets?
King James was Brillant and the greatest king ho ever sat on the British throne.Who else among royalty,in his time,would have had the giant talent to write Shakespeare works? It was he who poetically FIXED the BIBLE -which in itself and it present King James version has enslaved the world.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-517287.0.html#msg6817656

(1) (Reply)

Are We The New Chosen People / Hints On Ablution & Daily Prayers (for Muslims) / British Gay Priest To Marry Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.