Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,751 members, 7,892,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 09:17 PM

Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) (23705 Views)

Bomb Explosion At University Of Maiduguri Mosque / Car Explosion At Benue Government House (PHOTOS) / Just In: Heavy Explosion Rocks Spdc Trunk Line In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by Edunwa302(m): 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
There's a heavy explosion this evening at Amokwe UDI LGA Enugu state few minutes ago , explosion is suspected to be from a house parked with fireworks from one oil rich man in the town. The explosion brought down the magnificent building which it where parked and so many buildings one or two kilometres away no casualties yet.........pics and details coming shortly

More pics coming

There was panic in Enugu on Monday following an explosion which occurred at Amokwe in Udi Local Government Area of the state.

The incident threw residents and their relations into serious apprehension.

However,the Enugu State police command in a statement which doused the tension said the explosion was caused by fireworks packed in a building.

In the statement issued by the spokesperson of the command, Mr Ebere Amaraizu, DSP, he said the police “have commenced a full scale investigation into an incident of explosion at Amokwe Udi in Udi local Government Area of Enugu State on 16/3/15 by 5pm, with a view to finding out the possible cause of the sudden explosion.

“Some of the injured have been taken to the hospitals just as men of the Explosive Ordinance Department of the Enugu State command have cordoned off the place with other operatives.

“Meanwhile, instant analysis of the incident by the operatives of the Explosive Ordinance Department on ground at the scene of the explosion revealed that it was occasioned by high calibre pyrotechnics, (FIREWOKS) in a large quantity packed in the house of the owner that exploded.

“A trailer load of the said high calibre pyrotechnics, (FIRE WORKS) was brought into the house on 15/3/15,” the statement added.

http://leadership.ng/news/417934/tension-in-enugu-as-explosion-rocks-udi-community

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by OkuDiOver1(f): 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2015
Waiting for the pictures

1 Like

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by fhranchez(m): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
This land is not 4 sale
****modified****
wetin i go talk sef.......okay thank God there were no casualties......all these rich men sef!
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by jamace(m): 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
Waiting for update.
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by tit(f): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
boko haram has started training in enugu

1 Like

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by Edunwa302(m): 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
Waiting for the pictures
Pics is on d way.......poor network from d villa
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by egift(m): 7:08pm On Mar 16, 2015
[s]
tit:
boko haram has started training in enugu
[/s]

Stop spreading falsehood. I don't know why PDP supporters like lying shamelessly.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by Young03(m): 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
Amokwe udi, dats chiwetalu agu's home town,
pix man
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by tit(f): 7:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Stop spreading falsehood. I don't know why PDP supporters like lying shamelessly.

preliminary investigations point to boko haram activity.
amokwe has a large migrant cattle fulani population.
terror elements have infiltrated the honest hardworking population and are planning to forment trouble
even satan no lie pass you apc people.

9 Likes

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by UnknownT: 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
C of O acquired for this plot of land. Beware of SALE cos this land is not FOR SALE HIM

1 Like

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by DeviIhimself: 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Otu nne i ebea

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by egift(m): 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
[s]
tit:
terror elements have infiltrated the honest hardworking population and are planning to forment trouble
[/s]

Keep lying and feeding a load of trash the gullible. Even the person that posted this, had the following to say:

Edunwa302:
There's a heavy explosion this evening at Amokwe UDI LGA Enugu state few minutes ago , explosion is suspected to be from a house parked with fireworks from one oil rich man in the town. The explosion brought down the magnificent building which it where parked and so many buildings one or two kilometres away no casualties yet.........pics and details coming shortly

Enugu is a peaceful State and so it will remain.

17 Likes

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
bwr
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by Edunwa302(m): 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

Keep lying and feeding a load of trash the gullible. Even the person that posted this, had the following to say:

And for me the entire story is very unrealistic with claims of 2km impact.
Pls let's not politicys this ugly incident a lot off properties was affected and many villagers still traumatized

1 Like

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by egift(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
Edunwa302:

Pls let's not politicys this ugly incident a lot off properties was affected and many villagers still traumatized

I agree. But I did not see you cautioning the fellow who now says it is BH and trying to incite people. I look forward to your response to him as well.
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by tit(f): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
egift:

I agree. But I did not see you cautioning the fellow who now says it is BH and trying to incite people. I look forward to your response to him as well.

why are you covering for boko haram?
are you boko?

6 Likes

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by Edunwa302(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
tit:

Pls let's not politicys this ugly incident a lot off properties was affected and many villagers still traumatized. I stated clearly that the house was loaded with full container load of big sized fireworks parked into the house yesterday. Hw come u guys are mentioning BH here this is NOT TERROR ATTACK

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by egift(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
tit:
why are you covering for boko haram?
are you boko?

Very lame question. What you should be asking yourself is why are you hell bent on Falsehood?

And incident happened and you lied. I corrected you. That is what transpired.

My sympathy to anyone that may have been hurt. The Authorities should also be invited to make sure people are not in further danger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by OkuDiOver1(f): 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
Edunwa302:

Pics is on d way.......poor network from d villa
no prob
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by tit(f): 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Edunwa302:

Pls let's not politicys this ugly incident a lot off properties was affected and many villagers still traumatized. I stated clearly that the house was loaded with full container load of big sized fireworks parked into the house yesterday. Hw come u guys are mentioning BH here this is NOT TERROR ATTACK

please do not mislead the public.
fireworks are banned in nigeria.
nobody can come and pack fireworks in his house.
does that make sense to you?

this is boko haram.
they are training
and as learners, they make mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by Edunwa302(m): 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
tit:

please do not mislead the public.
fireworks are banned in nigeria.
nobody can come and pack fireworks in his house.
does that make sense to you?

this is boko haram.
they are training
and as learners, they make mistake.
U r unbelievable

12 Likes

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by JustCare: 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
tit:

and they're probably training in the rich man's compound?
preliminary investigations...by who?
you know...I have always wondered who you're.

7 Likes

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by Emmanuel247(m): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
Nna Nnabia Nnabia
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by hairyanus: 10:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ha
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by LMAyedun(m): 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
Na wah oo!!
God protect us all...
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by publicenemy(m): 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
PDP @ work.
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by biafranqueen: 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
Falling trucks and firework explosions

Whats going on?

Who is this man that endangered lives we need his name!
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hmmm

Just a few hours after some people mentioned Enugu as the safest state this electoral season.

Lol.

I hope no innocent person got hurt tho.
Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by phayvoursky(m): 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
FULANI HERDS MEN AT WORK

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Explosion At Udi Enugu (pic) by ratchetwrench: 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
It is violation of home safety and act of illogical and selfish reasoning to fill a residential building with a trailer load of fireworks. The police department should get the root cause of this and douse out appropriate disciplinary action for the perpetrator.
for those saying boko haram, if they want to make a statement in south east, I'm sure is not gonna be unknown amokwe village

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ezekwesili: Stop Calling The Predator Amina Ali's "Boko Haram Husband" / Tinubu Sets Up Tax Reforms Committee, Names Oyedele As Chairman / INEC Official Whose Head Was Broken By SARS Police Speaks With Other Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.